IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do note that Aaron Funk has said in interviews he still has an unknown pseudonym..

definitely the loudness on the tracks give me the impression it could be Aaron. and I always had a very tracker-y feel from the tracks as well.

do note that Aaron Funk has said in interviews he still has an unknown pseudonym..

definitely the loudness on the tracks give me the impression it could be Aaron. and I always had a very tracker-y feel from the tracks as well.

love you bro no homo.

But it's not Aaron.

totally not aaron funk.

Love the cowbell rooster, it was always my favorite part.

mine too, RDJ is the master at making drum sounds and just weird glitches sound like they are part of a larger melodic phrase including cowbell rooster noise

Prob because he still thinks people don't know who Last Step is.

Prob because he still thinks people don't know who Last Step is.

nope it was in a last step interview

sorry for the false hopes, it wasn't untitled 9 i ripped of myspace. It was 'untitled' which to me is very convincing evidence (on top of the EP) that this is indeed RDJ

hear it for yourself

attachicon.gifSteinvord-Untitled-1.mp3

ha i forgot about this one

Oh man, ditto. TRACK

yes, just right of the bat Untitled = drukqs era, Untitled 97= starts melodies from mars esque then turns xmda5 from Analord10, Untitled 9= sounds tussish sort of resembling the metz track that we've only heard live.

funny that this is still causing confusion or debate. it's pretty obvious when you use your ears. you can even pick the era of certain bits.

yes, just right of the bat Untitled = drukqs era, Untitled 97= starts melodies from mars esque then turns xmda5 from Analord10, Untitled 9= sounds tussish sort of resembling the metz track that we've only heard live.

I'm agreeing with that !..

On a related note, every time I listen to this EP now I have this strong idea that tracks 1 and 2 are AFX, and tracks 3, 4, 5 Squarepusher.

I made Untitled 9 for a laugh in 2007 . The "acid" lines are terrible until the soft one appears at 345 ish. I used the g-sonique alien.vst lols. still dunno who is behind teh rest of the tracks

Guest tonfarben

If it has been you, LUDD, then it´s shit. :-P

No, kidding, I like it very much. Especially the change to the 4x4 beat all of a sudden.

I made Untitled 9 for a laugh in 2007 . The "acid" lines are terrible until the soft one appears at 345 ish. I used the g-sonique alien.vst lols. still dunno who is behind teh rest of the tracks

lol

I thought I felt a solid psy-trance vibe in it...

untilted is maybe the closest i've heard to someone nailing that drukqs era sound/feel, but i think that's probably the give away here... it's essentially doing a pastiche of something someone already did over a decade ago now. ie. that the form is already there to draw from. there's no imagination involved in conceptually birthing something "from the ether"

almost like that term for when say, after years and years someone breaks the 4 minute mile and then months later it's broken again.

there's massive technique to doing this obviously, but it's craft instead of art - i don't really like that distinction but it'll work. all subjective opinions on what a piece of music does to you emotionally or whatever aside, the astonishing thing about something like drukqs is someone coming up with it with no real prior precedent. doing a kind of pitch-perfect homage to something that you can take all the cues from is a feat but kind of loses a lot of the artistic merit to me.

that's what i thought when i first heard it but then i started thinking that it might not be a new track at all.

Those times I'm going through a period where I'm particularly hard to please with music, but I still play the Steinvord tracks from times to times and enjoy them as much as I did in the first place. Quality music

(from the daddies) :wink:

• 1 year later...

love the extremely quiet /subtle 303 line that comes in at 3:37. Who else besides richard would own a real 303 and just put it super low in the mix and have it only come in for about 20 seconds? I think this track is richard d james

Archived