IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only just got this. Infinitely better than that Ufabulum record.

Why do u compare this with Ufabulum? It's strictly different and not at all the same style...

cuz its squarepusher

this

• 2 months later...

whoever said that Rephlex is simply like a big catalogue of all the various RDJ monikers is starting to sound right

Yup, we won't see the next Tuss-like Aphex moniker coming. Perfect strategy

• 3 weeks later...

Just to continue the conspiracy theories, Soundmurderer played a remix he'd made of Squarepusher's 'District Line II' at Bangface Weekender. If he's been tinkering around with Tom's tracks then it doesn't sound too unreasonable that the Squarepusher sampling on this release was down to him and that Steinvord is Soundmurderer. Discuss.

Whatever the case, I want a copy of that District Line II remix, it was fucking great!

Just to continue the conspiracy theories, Soundmurderer played a remix he'd made of Squarepusher's 'District Line II' at Bangface Weekender. If he's been tinkering around with Tom's tracks then it doesn't sound too unreasonable that the Squarepusher sampling on this release was down to him and that Steinvord is Soundmurderer. Discuss.

Whatever the case, I want a copy of that District Line II remix, it was fucking great!

whatever the case it doesn't really matter much because the tracks are not as mind blowing or quality as something from Go Plastic or the Aphex era of fast break laced drill stuff.

*waits for aphex to release his music concrete' album out of the 5 he's sitting on because its the only one that wont sound dated by the time it comes out*

• 4 months later...

what you mean by 'lossless'? did it come out on FLac or CD? if not, and you're referring to the myspace tracks the only ones available were already compressed as hell. I ripped it to a wave file, but it's far from lossless.

Yeah there were the 128kbps per second Myspace ones, and those hosted by Youtube on that channel with an orange background which could've have been much (if at all) higher bitrate. So the idea that they're the lossless versions is a little off !

I don't think that there is a lossless release of those tracks. I'm looking for a recording of the myspace stream that hasn't been compressed again. Those 3 tracks are not streaming on myspace anymore, and the recording that I've found of untitled 97 has flat cymbals, like it's mp3 compressed multiple times.

I noticed that the myspace stream of untitled 9 sounds easily better than an mp3 of it that I heard, so I think someone circulated re-compressed or otherwise deteriorated recordings.

Archived