IGNORED

Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

I hope the vinyl reissue is a straight copy of the original, without parts 3 and 4. I've a feeling though that Skam might want to keep the first ever pressing as unique.

Well you could always buy it and throw away the second LP..

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the vinyl reissue is a straight copy of the original, without parts 3 and 4. I've a feeling though that Skam might want to keep the first ever pressing as unique.

In Norway we have this expression. Bakstreversk.

Well you could always buy it and throw away the second LP..

Fucking sacrilege. I might just do that though...

That talk talk sample would probably blow my mind had I been listening to Lego Feet for years but i've only had it a few weeks. However when somebody on here pointed out that Milk DX from the 1st Ae peel session had Milk Dee from Audio 2 rapping (barely perceptiby) all over it my mind was officially blown.

Wow! I always thought the lead synth sounded like a muffled synthesized Mike D from Beastie Boys.

speaking of Autechre sample spotting, has anyone spotted the seemingly really long sample running in the background towards the 2nd half of Dial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPUWs9mH_I

really hard to hear on this youtube clip, but very quietly in the song there is a really long sample with vocals going the whole time being chopped up. it sounds familiar but i cant put my finger on what it is

speaking of Autechre sample spotting, has anyone spotted the seemingly really long sample running in the background towards the 2nd half of Dial

really hard to hear on this youtube clip, but very quietly in the song there is a really long sample with vocals going the whole time being chopped up. it sounds familiar but i cant put my finger on what it is

I haven't noticed it, I'll have a listen to the vinyl version again tonight and see if I can spot it. I love the vocal sample in Cap.IV though.

i have noticed it, it's one of the reasons i love that track so damned much. no clue at all what it's from though.

I haven't noticed it, I'll have a listen to the vinyl version again tonight and see if I can spot it. I love the vocal sample in Cap.IV though.

it's really subtle, they turn it down low enough where most people wouldn't even notice it. I think it wasn't until the vinyl version that i noticed it (which i just obtained btw, only AE vinyl left i don't have: Incunabula, Ep7, incunabula, lego feet). I was really shockes also by how good the mastering for the LP5 vinyl is, i think its one of the best mastering jobs out of the most of the warp vinyl ive heard

Yeah the LP5 vinyl is excellent. I thought Amber and Tri Repetae on vinyl were more amazing though, just in terms of how different they sound to the CD versions.

i have noticed it, it's one of the reasons i love that track so damned much. no clue at all what it's from though.

The barely liminal vocal samples in Dial and Cap.IV are my favorite parts of the EP. When did that Ae interview come out re: Booth and Brown enjoying cassette tape degradation and half-heard elements that aren't really intended and subsequent disappointment with the actual "intended," non-distorted product? That aesthetic really seems to dominate on these two tracks. It creates a real (but ambiguous) emotional underpinning-- I think Autechre do this type of thing better than anyone.

The unhinged "laughter" in Dial is a little disturbing. And I love it.

oscillik your new avatar really bothers me.

Me too :shrug:

Same here !

Aye. Your posts are intelligent, but I have a hard time taking them seriously when my brain links them to that appearance.

Same here !

Aye. Your posts are intelligent, but I have a hard time taking them seriously when my brain links them to that appearance.

Who is it by the way?

Same here !

Who is it by the way?

it's Skrillex. during his emo band days.

The barely liminal vocal samples in Dial and Cap.IV are my favorite parts of the EP. When did that Ae interview come out re: Booth and Brown enjoying cassette tape degradation and half-heard elements that aren't really intended and subsequent disappointment with the actual "intended," non-distorted product? That aesthetic really seems to dominate on these two tracks. It creates a real (but ambiguous) emotional underpinning-- I think Autechre do this type of thing better than anyone.

The unhinged "laughter" in Dial is a little disturbing. And I love it.

disturbing in the best of ways. in Dial the vocal samples seem to come from different sources...or at least they sound like it to my ears. there seems to be at least 3 distinct sections of vocal samples, from what i can gather. the drum programming in this track is so killer.

Cap.IV's use of vocals is unsettling in its own way though, no doubt. such a great EP.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so this has been "in the process of being cut" for a couple weeks now, I think.

And it's definitely been 8 weeks since they said 8 weeks.

Waiting with bated breath. I need to get an SMS when this drops or something.

If this sells out before I get a chance to buy it I am going to scream bloody murder and then irresponsibly buy a Monomachine with my high-APR credit card.

OK so this has been "in the process of being cut" for a couple weeks now, I think.

And it's definitely been 8 weeks since they said 8 weeks.

Waiting with bated breath. I need to get an SMS when this drops or something.

If this sells out before I get a chance to buy it I am going to scream bloody murder and then irresponsibly buy a Monomachine with my high-APR credit card.

it's still coming, for reals

lol, do it

especially if you're a monomachine away from your credit limit

it's what Rob wants

lol, do it

especially if you're a monomachine away from your credit limit

it's what Rob wants

I think I'm more like a Machinedrum UW away.

Maybe I should get one of those instead.

Archived