IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Despite those soundcloud messages I also still think it's a collab project involving at least RDJ and TJ, depending on the tracks.

until proven otherwise

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

*aphex twin literally says it's not him* I'M MORE CERTAIN THAN EVER IT'S HIM NOW

kek

*aphex twin literally says it's not him* I'M MORE CERTAIN THAN EVER IT'S HIM NOW

yeah well aphex has uploaded two tracks which he forgot were already released so now aphex has forgotten he's steinvord, twice

it all adds up really

Guest skibby

he did a success with steinvord because it sounds like nothing else he's done since drukqs or maybe death fuck

nobody notice this followup comment?

59298d35e1.png

aye it was mentioned on the previous page

S'bollocks anyway, they can't seem to keep up with their fake stories of their artists - remember it was meant to be an 18 year old spanish person back when it was still a MySpace thing...

Still thinking he is really some kid who's really skilled at making tracks, posted some on the internet, Rich and Grant liked them, contacted him and released them on Rephlex, just like how they probably contacted Dave (Monolith).

Sure, pretty weird that he decides to stay this anonymous, and pretty weird those are all of his released tracks ever, but why not? Not everyone craves for constant recognition, not everyone is into making careers out of their tunes (it sucks tho, if he did those tracks at age like 16 or so, he must have tons of unreleased stuff). Burial was like this. He finally revealed himself after a while tho so who knows, he could change just to fuck with us.

Yeah.. I can't really think of any other guy that has pushed it this far, but anyway, just like this other poster said (and just like I did with Burial), im not fully believing anything unless it comes from the source (in this case his myspace/soundcloud, just like Burial used his myspace to post about stuff). Obviously I also believe Grant and Rich as people that were in contact with him to make the record happen (if I was Rich, I would say I have never spoken to him just so people would stop asking all the time). If they can't say more I assume they are respecting his decision to stay anonymous, which is great.

And I still want dave monolith's and steinvord's stuff that was supposed to come out on rephlex before it closed, it's a bummer that we missed those... I think its time to bring the record back and properly release compilations of the best richard's tracks from his soundcloud along with the rest of unreleased tracks.

its cute/amusing to think that a 16 year old producer in the USA would so casually put a real 303 line in the background at a barely audible volume in one of his tracks.

after this soundcloud dump im more convinced than ever Steinvord is at least in part aphex, the Steivnord album sounds like unreleased/unfinished track dumps/jams with tom from the Drukqs era

Edited by John Ehrlichman

The 16 y.o. kid from Spain was obviously bullshit, just Grant having fun with writing fake bio's like he has done from day one (remember, Rephlex was all Grant for the last 10+ years too). Photodementia, The Tuss, Bradley Strider, Universal Indicator, Astrobotnia (remember the "a new Rephlex signing, one "Kristian Richards"'), EDM, probably more. Imo, he was always the one trying to blur the lines between the known artists and newer artists, so they would be judged on what actually matters: the music (like he said in an interview regarding the Tuss).

Afaik, Aphex has never denied being the Tuss (he has admitted to being him back in 2008ish already) or any other alias. He also has admitted to being every other alias on soundcloud now, but has denied Steinvord this time of it being Tom or him. Since the Syro interviews and the comments now he has been incredibly open and honest, which makes his statements now more credible than ever, especially compared to his 90's interview persona.

There is no real evidence at all it is Aphex or Tom (the musical clues obviously haven't been convincing enough, otherwise there wouldn't be years and years of speculation). There is however evidence that they aren't, because of the above statements by Aphex. Logically, it is not Aphex until proven different (not the other way around).

The 16 y.o. kid from Spain was obviously bullshit, just Grant having fun with writing fake bio's like he has done from day one (remember, Rephlex was all Grant for the last 10+ years too). Photodementia, The Tuss, Bradley Strider, Universal Indicator, Astrobotnia (remember the "a new Rephlex signing, one "Kristian Richards"'), EDM, probably more. Imo, he was always the one trying to blur the lines between the known artists and newer artists, so they would be judged on what actually matters: the music (like he said in an interview regarding the Tuss).

Afaik, Aphex has never denied being the Tuss (he has admitted to being him back in 2008ish already) or any other alias. He also has admitted to being every other alias on soundcloud now, but has denied Steinvord this time of it being Tom or him. Since the Syro interviews and the comments now he has been incredibly open and honest, which makes his statements now more credible than ever, especially compared to his 90's interview persona.

There is no real evidence at all it is Aphex or Tom (the musical clues obviously haven't been convincing enough, otherwise there wouldn't be years and years of speculation). There is however evidence that they aren't, because of the above statements by Aphex. Logically, it is not Aphex until proven different (not the other way around).

i askd ceephax fairly drunknly few years ago .. he said it wasnt his brother

he said: my father maybe? or something

lol

Edited by vincentvc

... He also has admitted to being every other alias on soundcloud now, but has denied Steinvord this time of it being Tom or him. ...

typo or did I miss something?

just the different user#'s?

...and what about this:

https://soundcloud.com/bumtrumpet/aphex-twin-rhubarb-orc-1953-rev-scully-mix

meaning bradley strider, universal indicator, etc. that is an edited version of rhubarb orc, same recording.

I never thought steinvord was aphex or tom or both. It sounds like an attempt at their style, the way some film seem sort of John Carpenterish but just aren't. They never grabbed me anyway