IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 6/18/2024 at 11:23 PM, cruising for burgers said:

dude, what do u mean?  I'm lolling more than ever with this show 😂 didn't even felt the difference between the last season, which happens quite often...

@Rubin FarrI stand corrected, this turned into a shit storm after that bird landed on earth… and by the looks of it there's gonna be a 4th season...

• Haha 1

Dark Matter: Pleasant surprise. Good sc-fi, economical with a 9 episode season. Show made me fall in love with Jennifer Connelly again.

The Boys Season 4: Meh. Chap that plays homelander is great, but the social commentary is a bit too on the nose for me. Glad to hear they'll only be one more season. Meh.

36 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

baby reindeer - what an emotional roller-coaster... and what a devastating ending... shit...

I had no intention of watching the show. However, all the kerfuffle around the Piers Morgan interview with Fiona Harvey aroused my interest. 

Difficult watch, I found the first few episodes stressful. I've got lots of questions about the merits of the show still, something is off, doesn't sit right but first half of the series was really well done. 

It brought back some uncomfortable memories. I was surprised to find out that a few friends (male) shared similar experiences with stalkers or overly attached. We just never talked about it much, or laughed it off at the time.

Hmmm. Might start watching The Leftovers. Heard good things about it. I don't watch much tv series in summer though. 

• Big Brain 1

5 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

I had no intention of watching the show. However, all the kerfuffle around the Piers Morgan interview with Fiona Harvey aroused my interest. 

Difficult watch, I found the first few episodes stressful. I've got lots of questions about the merits of the show still, something is off, doesn't sit right but first half of the series was really well done. 

It brought back some uncomfortable memories. I was surprised to find out that a few friends (male) shared similar experiences with stalkers or overly attached. We just never talked about it much, or laughed it off at the time.

I felt something was off in the first half, something about the main character's intentions and decisions left me wonder "why?"... but it all started making sense after a while... it's definetly not a perfect show, but it really resonated with me...

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Hmmm. Might start watching The Leftovers. Heard good things about it. I don't watch much tv series in summer though. 

do it... pretty much like lost in a shitty way and pretty much like lost that it makes u want to keep watching it... and of course, Justin Theroux...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Thanks 1

started season 3 of the bear last night.  This nin track loops through the entire first episode and the melody has been looping through my head since I woke up.  

Dark matter was okay but i feel like lately they really pad out series' even if they have less than half episodes than pre-streaming shows.

Whole season could've been a feature length.

Also don't see where it can go from here, but I would watch a second season.

^ the art style of the manga is excellence.

separately: apparently s3 of The Bear is bad.

On 6/20/2024 at 8:41 PM, Berk said:

Watching The Night Of (hbo max, 2016). Man this is unexpectedly fucking good. Really great atmosphere and music. NY cynicism/sarcasm. Great camera work and visuals. Recommend.

one of the best miniseries ever made. I binged the whole thing in one night until like 6am, it was so compelling. part of what made it so compelling was that I was embroiled in my own legal problem at the time, nowhere on the scale of what Naz deals with, but the way it depicted the judicial process rang 100% true to me. powerful shit. you know Gandolfini was supposed to take Turturro's role? would've been fucking amazing. Turturro is great, he kills it, but having da boss play that type of role would've been something to see.

2 hours ago, usagi said:

one of the best miniseries ever made. I binged the whole thing in one night until like 6am, it was so compelling. part of what made it so compelling was that I was embroiled in my own legal problem at the time, nowhere on the scale of what Naz deals with, but the way it depicted the judicial process rang 100% true to me. powerful shit. you know Gandolfini was supposed to take Turturro's role? would've been fucking amazing. Turturro is great, he kills it, but having da boss play that type of role would've been something to see.

Yeah I read about Gandolfini, really interesting! It's a really bingeworthy show like you said. And yes I loved Turturro and his dry humor for sure

On 6/27/2024 at 6:42 PM, beerwolf said:

I'd say it's a polarizing show, you'll hate it or love it. So depending on how much you're usually affected by what you watch, it can be a nice summer series, to counterbalance what I remember to be pretty dark / brutal. I loved the show fwiw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finsihed "3 body problem" ....pretty decent.. manages to keepo pace, if a bit rushed.. makes me want to read the books. THAT boat eposisode. Holy shit.. epic TV. It all fell a little flat at the end though

Tried Supacell e1.... not really feeling it.... when the supes were revealed it was all stupidly sudden

6 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Finsihed "3 body problem" ....pretty decent.. manages to keepo pace, if a bit rushed.. makes me want to read the books. THAT boat eposisode. Holy shit.. epic TV. It all fell a little flat at the end though

The books are ace. I was anticipating how they'd do that specific scene : they delivered. The 2nd book has another THAT scene, 10 000 000 fold. No to mention the 3rd...

• Like 1

Watched the Depp vs Heard series on Netflix in one run last night, meaning I went to bed at 1.30am which is way past my bed time. Obvs it was good.

Scavengers Reign was decent, but a bit too anime i think. quit watching anime, quit making things anime, it's not good, it's infecting the rest of animation like the flowerfungus in the show.

/rant

it reminded me a bit of Raised by Wolves...wearing some influences heavy but missing their heart/soul/point, glomming on some haphazard 'human story' shit that felt almost entirely cookie cutter, and presented with about 1/10th of the thought necessary.

some of SR's human story was interesting, and the world was pretty well thought out, but the overall plot/story push was kinda undercooked in a way, idk. i'm trying to praise it for the good things, of which there were plenty, but overall with it being over i don't really care to ever watch anything further from it. i think i saw Netflix picked it up, i'm sure that'll just make it go heavier into the anime side.

related, the heavy use of flashback storytelling having to explain every last thing was quite distracting.

the alien life stuff was pretty cool to see in animation, worth watching for that, but the superhero-powered alien stuff was not doing it for me at all...i blame the anime. a little touch of weirdness was great, but they just went all out. felt utterly ridiculous by the ending.

23 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Watched the Depp vs Heard series on Netflix in one run last night, meaning I went to bed at 1.30am which is way past my bed time. Obvs it was good.

Jayz i watched one episode and couldnt be arsed with rest of it.. ignored all the hype when it hapened as was curious. Bottom line.. "celebs be celebing"

On 7/7/2024 at 7:05 PM, auxien said:

Scavengers Reign was decent, but a bit too anime i think. quit watching anime, quit making things anime, it's not good, it's infecting the rest of animation like the flowerfungus in the show.

/rant

it reminded me a bit of Raised by Wolves...wearing some influences heavy but missing their heart/soul/point, glomming on some haphazard 'human story' shit that felt almost entirely cookie cutter, and presented with about 1/10th of the thought necessary.

some of SR's human story was interesting, and the world was pretty well thought out, but the overall plot/story push was kinda undercooked in a way, idk. i'm trying to praise it for the good things, of which there were plenty, but overall with it being over i don't really care to ever watch anything further from it. i think i saw Netflix picked it up, i'm sure that'll just make it go heavier into the anime side.

related, the heavy use of flashback storytelling having to explain every last thing was quite distracting.

the alien life stuff was pretty cool to see in animation, worth watching for that, but the superhero-powered alien stuff was not doing it for me at all...i blame the anime. a little touch of weirdness was great, but they just went all out. felt utterly ridiculous by the ending.

Just grabbed the black reissue yesterday- sadly too late for color vinyl:

IMG_5876.webp.de6c61ac50a90dec04c53b32cb04dec3.webp

IMG_5875.thumb.webp.8470c0f705dafcd2e1a83be2f767b2eb.webp

https://mondoshop.com/products/scavengers-reign-original-max-series-soundtrack-lp

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Jayz i watched one episode and couldnt be arsed with rest of it.. ignored all the hype when it hapened as was curious. Bottom line.. "celebs be celebing"

Heh I was pretty rat arsed when I watched it so my judgement could be way off the mark. Kind of stuff I watch when I've had too much vodka and beer. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, o00o said:

Just grabbed the black reissue yesterday- sadly too late for color vinyl:

IMG_5876.webp.de6c61ac50a90dec04c53b32cb04dec3.webp

IMG_5875.thumb.webp.8470c0f705dafcd2e1a83be2f767b2eb.webp

https://mondoshop.com/products/scavengers-reign-original-max-series-soundtrack-lp

that color version looks nice but obv looking at it isn't too important

i wasn't terribly impressed with the music overall, but it was alright. that said, the main intro theme & one other piece, that final bit with Sam under the tree, were both exceptional.

Posted (edited)

I really liked the scarlet witch season but this looks really boring. Is there any marvel movies on the horizon where they are actually still trying. Maybe the new death pool

8 hours ago, auxien said:

i wasn't terribly impressed with the music overall, but it was alright. that said, the main intro theme & one other piece, that final bit with Sam under the tree, were both exceptional.

Yeah good point I bought it because I liked to have some scavengers reign merch without even listening to the soundtrack again. Gonna do that now

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

House of the Dragon’s most recent episode was exciting. I was skeptical of how well they could pull off the high flying combat and portray the devastation these critters could create with CGI but color me impressed. The other thing I really appreciate is the distinct look and behavior of them all as well. The show itself has made some questionable changes to the books and it’s far from perfect but if there is one aspect I wished they could somehow pull off it would be for the dance of the dragons to be brought to life on screen. They got it right in this episode.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 7:05 PM, auxien said:

/rant

from what I saw, 5 or 10 minutes of the 1st ep, I thought the settings and alien stuff were tasty af... the human characters not so much, specially the face expressions... I decided to watch it when I'm back at home on my big screen just cause of the visuals...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

from what I saw, 5 or 10 minutes of the 1st ep, I thought the settings and alien stuff were tasty af... the human characters not so much, specially the face expressions... I decided to watch it when I'm back at home on my big screen just cause of the visuals...

the characters were good enough, voice acting was strong, but the actual plot of their arcs was pretty basic imo. not bad, just not, idk, mature. maybe they're targeting a younger crowd or whatever idk, but the story/themes seemed pretty lofty.

it'll look good on the big screen, def worth watching for the visuals/world building stuff