IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Yeah it seems redundant at this point to pop in here every Tuesday to say "omg Fargo" but...

omg Fargo

The first season was probably my favorite show of last year (and a pleasant surprise considering I was one of the people not too thrilled at the idea of a show "based" on Fargo), and this season is turning out even better.

...and on top of all that, it still (just like season 1) feels like a Cohen bros homage, but still its own unique creative thing. No small feat to pull off.

Also The Knick is just fantastic. I have no idea where this story is headed. The aesthetics (score + cinematography + direction) remain some of the best I've seen on television.

Edited by autopilot

Which do we consider superior at this point, Fargo or Better Call Saul? Which I'm anxiously awaiting. I'm forcing my Dad thru a Breaking Bad marathon to get to Saul, he stopped after season 2. No Dad! That's when it was just getting excellent! Lol

Fargo series 2 surpasses the first series and maybe even the film too if it carries on at this rate

loved the scene with the drunk lawyer remonstrating with the german rednecks to back off and leave their son in jail......the matriarch is hardcore as fuck too, reminds of a certain woman i know only too well.

Better Call Saul is ok, but Fargo S2,,,,,, dayum even Ted Danson does that world weary experienced veteran brilliantly.

Crackin characters, plots, acting AND casting

i wanna lob it over to my folks but the cancer plot is a bit too much right now

Been watching a cartoon called Gravity Falls. The creator has described it as an attempt to combine "Twin Peaks, The X-files, and The Simpsons". I gotta say, that's an incredibly accurate description and they pretty much nailed it in execution. Quite funny & highly recommended. Also there's apparently only one episode left in the whole show so it's pretty much all out there for binge-watching now.

Also a ton of our favorite comedians have cameo appearances in it.

Yeah I started watching that too after buying the game. It has a lot of in jokes huh

BTW, the watch Disney apps on ios are garbage, I needs my Star Wars Rebels, but the damn thing crashes on startup EVERY time, and the discussion forums prove it. Disappointing.

yeah ash vs evil is nice.

i checked out the pilot ep of "The Expanse" and quite liked it. Has a lot of potential. 23rd century scifi on earth, mars and asteroid belt and has cool details. but above all its not totally unwatchable and cliche like can happen sometimes with this type of show

Edited by coax

S3 of Nathan for You is a work of art somewhere between Borat and Jacques Tati. The smokers bar, horse ride and electronics store bits were all fucking amazing and made me laugh until my sides hurt.

Fargo EP9 "The Castle"

A little let down by this episode unfortunately. Some nice scenes in here, but the whole framing this episode as a chronicled chapter in a book & the narration throughout wasn't necessary. Too on the nose & rather indulgent. Wasn't feeling the whole UFO thing at the end either. Liked it as more of an ambiguous element throughout the season.

^ yea this, esp in contrast with ep 8 which was amazon.

Dunno there are other minor stylistic fauxpases throughout,

e.g. the split screen stuff reminds me of Guy Ritchie films which is somewhat irritating imo.

but pretty good anyways, Go Betsy & Ed

ive only seen the first episode of the first season of fargo, and i did not like it at all. from what i remember it felt forced and like they stole the main villain from "no country for old men". it all felt old and stale to me. should i give it another go or does it go down the same path? i must say i am intrigued by the UFO thing mentioned earlier lol

I didn't like the first couple of episodes of season 1 at all, Bilbo from The Office being shit being the main reason, once it got going though it was much better, and even Bilbo became tolerable later on (when he embraced his cuntishness). didn't think Billy Bob was much like Chigurh either. the second season has been a lot better.