IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Making a Murderer - binged on 7 episodes yesterday after watching the first one the day before, got angry after the end of the 8th and spoilered the outcome of the case because I really had to go to sleep but couldn't not find out how it all ended.

some really infuriating, blood boiling shit in there. america really can be an utter cunt of a country when it wants to be.

ultimately it's hard to know if he actually did it or not, but it seems crystal clear to me that the prosecution was utterly corrupt from the get go. it could well be that he did it and they knew it but wanted to ensure a conviction by planting evidence, or they could have just completely stitched him up, either way a complete travesty of justice.

the treatment of his nephew was particularly infuriating.

Had to stop after 5 episodes because it was so upsetting. May watch the some time down the line.

Making a Murderer - binged on 7 episodes yesterday after watching the first one the day before, got angry after the end of the 8th and spoilered the outcome of the case because I really had to go to sleep but couldn't not find out how it all ended.

some really infuriating, blood boiling shit in there. america really can be an utter cunt of a country when it wants to be.

ultimately it's hard to know if he actually did it or not, but it seems crystal clear to me that the prosecution was utterly corrupt from the get go. it could well be that he did it and they knew it but wanted to ensure a conviction by planting evidence, or they could have just completely stitched him up, either way a complete travesty of justice.

Had to stop after 5 episodes because it was so upsetting. May watch the some time down the line.

yeye seriously, I was expecting a happy ending. do not watch this unless you want a heavy dose of depression. fuck those agents that interviewed the kid. how the fuck do they still have jobs!

Finished watching the second season of The Knick. Brilliant. It's too bad Soderbergh isn't coming back for the next season, which I guess is still somewhat up in the air.

And Thackery is dead according to this. It seems the name of the series wasn't about the hospital, but about a (k)nick.

Edited by azatoth

yeye seriously, I was expecting a happy ending. do not watch this unless you want a heavy dose of depression. fuck those agents that interviewed the kid. how the fuck do they still have jobs!

Binged the lot the last three days! Uttterly gripping and sou glad i never read spoilers. Poor nephew. WHERE THE HELL WERE SOCIAL SERVICES?

Think I've done the 5th Making a Murderer last night. There are so many things that make this like a movie, can't believe this all happened such a short time ago.

This may not be a spoiler really, but the slimey looking lawyer of the nephew just didn't seem like a real person. Not sure it it's the way the show is done to look biased in favour of Steven et al. but fuck I just wanted to throttle him every time he spoke.

The Newburgh Sting - In which the FBI seduce some destitute, and not particularly bright, young men into a fictitious terror plot and treat it as some sort of major win in the War on Terror.

Recs for anyone watching Making a Murderer.

I watched childhood's end. Was ok, skimmed the pointless emotes. Would have preferred if it wasn't americans.

Just watched this... It was pretty bad, tbh :/

hah, really. When I meant was ok, this is in the context of not liking any US tv drama, but liking cg and world ending dilemma and wanting to see it cause Arthur c Clarke and potential for hard scifi. So yeah not that intresting but, you know skimming through as I said. Sorry guys if you watched watched it, but I was curious as to what you chaps thought given that most here seem to have more patience for modern tv drama. But then two of the smarter and one of the more cynical watched it, I wonder what the cream puffs thought.

Slowly working my way through Battlestar Galactica. It's pretty enjoyable.

Slowly working my way through Battlestar Galactica. It's pretty enjoyable.

I keep waiting for Blood & Chrome to go on sale. Don't forget to follow up with Caprica, it was rushed but entertaining.

hah, really. When I meant was ok, this is in the context of not liking any US tv drama, but liking cg and world ending dilemma and wanting to see it cause Arthur c Clarke and potential for hard scifi. So yeah not that intresting but, you know skimming through as I said. Sorry guys if you watched watched it, but I was curious as to what you chaps thought given that most here seem to have more patience for modern tv drama. But then two of the smarter and one of the more cynical watched it, I wonder what the cream puffs thought.

it was utter shit

Over the holidays my wife turned me into a streaming binge watcher (we cut the cable cord years ago and haven't looked back) - I normally don't watch much TV, and follow series even less, but here's what we are currently indulging in:

Marco Polo (done)

Daredevil (waiting for series 2 on 18 March)

The Flash (waiting for series 2 to come to Netflix)

Arrow (currently going through series 2)

TED talks (so fascinating - some of the talks are really interesting)

Hannibal - I cannot believe they cancelled this series after three seasons - so. goddamn. good. I read the books by Thomas Harris back in the late 80's when they came out, and was a fan of the movies, but goddamn, they nailed the books with this show. Mads Mikkelson playing Hannibal Lecter is perfect, and I prefer his Hannibal over Anthony Hopkins' portrayal, which is saying something.

Hannibal - I cannot believe they cancelled this series after three seasons - so. goddamn. good. I read the books by Thomas Harris back in the late 80's when they came out, and was a fan of the movies, but goddamn, they nailed the books with this show. Mads Mikkelson playing Hannibal Lecter is perfect, and I prefer his Hannibal over Anthony Hopkins' portrayal, which is saying something.

Really enjoyed it. Probably the best major network show of recent memory. The show was up it's own arse, but still good stuff. I thought they ended it fine for the most part. Brutal ending with the dragon. Knifes always get me squeamish.