IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

L O S T: It went full retarded with that time travel shit. Also, most of the episodes use basic stuff to hook the people, so it is really predictable and boring. It is fun, yeah, but overrated as fuck. Also, J.J. has the most punchable face I can imagine of.

You're forgetting Evan Peters

I liked the first season of Lost but then it didn't answer anything and just kept piling on more and more shit. after the season 2 finale I basically realised this and quit. I did watch the final scene on youtube though, just out of spite/for the lels. what made it doubly funny was that when all manner of fan theory was being thrown around in the early days of season 1, the actual truth was hit upon by someone who specualted* that they'd all died and were in limbo or whatever, but the creators denied it (because what else could they do, admit it?).

Edited by usagi

I liked the first season of Lost but then it didn't answer anything and just kept piling on more and more shit. after the season 2 finale I basically realised this and quit. I did watch the final scene on youtube though, just out of spite/for the lels. what made it doubly funny was that when all manner of fan theory was being thrown around in the early days of season 1, the actual truth was hit upon by someone who specualted* that they'd all died and were in limbo or whatever, but the creators denied it (because what else could they do, admit it?).

I'm not recommending it because it is kind of a trashy waste of time,but it is actually completely different experience watching it without the wait between episodes and seasons. It actually feels a bit rushed later on but everything ties together and it makes sense that certain mysteries weren't explained earlier on because that would have ruined the entire plot arc. The final episodes, not including the finale, are kinda cool in a.. wow this is fucking weird shit you wouldn't expect to see in a TV show kinda way.

yeah it's doing a lot of weird shit I haven't seen explored in other series, ca. half of characters being either psychopaths or otherwise completely nuts & the show playing with trust & likeability of them etc.

I mean that Ben guy was quite intense at times, and the Locke guy was a good actor imo.

Fav character was the pilot Lapidus, but he was a lot cooler in S5 when he was a chopper pilot with that beard, in S6 he became as meh as everything else.

Edited by Guest

yeah it's doing a lot of weird shit I haven't seen explored in other series, ca. half of characters being psychopaths & the show playing with trust & likeability of them etc.

I mean that Ben guy was quite intense at times, and the Locke guy was a good actor imo.

Fav character was the pilot Lapidus, but he was a lot cooler in S5 when he was a chopper pilot with that beard, in S6 he became as meh as everything else.

F20BF355-50CF-47CD-B4AB-9B56498634E6_zps

yea that guy was fun as well tho they overdid it with his starwars in-jokes in S6 as well..

as for the ladies, the French adventurer was cool. Juliet was annoying AF.

L O S T: It went full retarded with that time travel shit. Also, most of the episodes use basic stuff to hook the people, so it is really predictable and boring. It is fun, yeah, but overrated as fuck. Also, J.J. has the most punchable face I can imagine of.

You're forgetting Evan Peters

This.

evan-evan-thomas-peters-27631293-500-375

There was a bit when Hurley (I think) ends up in a mental asylum and it's revealed that one of the characters from the island is in there with him too, I remember it creeping me out and as far as I'm aware it was never explained. Or why the statue only had 4 toes. Or, or, oh god, this fucking show.

All that mystery BS in Lost was just to keep viewers glued to it, because the "human story" that the writers tried to peddle and say was the main story of of the show was weak as hell and nobody would watch that shit.

D6Ww8T0.jpg

tried to give this show a go because it's the best new science fiction show in years. well, i can tell you unequivocally, that is utter bollocks.

it has it's own little backstory about how humans are all over space (mostly on earth, mars and the asteroid belt- and there is a war betwix those on earth and the asteroid belt. mars is a military base- already i'm rolling my eyes) but the real problem is how this is just an excuse to have an everyday show with bad actors and almost zero charisma having something to yack about as they move from one set piece to another.

also, for whatever reason, every actor seemed like the type who'd be in an eli roth film (you know how he chooses annoying people because he wants you to enjoy them dying- well, everyone in this show is like that)

I've been lukewarm to The Expanse, I was mildly excited after the 3rd or 4th episode, but it's sorted of fizzled out. It looks alright, but the story is not catching my attention like BSG did in its first season. Just a correction, Mars is it's own faction in the Solar System, along with Earth and the Asteroid Belt. Mars is the military superpower.

Too bad about The Expanse, was panning on watching it next. How about Fortitude, anybody seen it?

unfortunately that was another thing with a great premise and location, but awful execution. the plot got really dumb.

yeah, fortitude got shit real fast to a degree that it became just turgid and basically unwatchable by the 3-4 episode.

i'd also welcome some nice sci-fi-ish rec for a tv show...

Edited by eugene