IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

on the other hand, last man on earth still delivers, laughs from start to finish... curious about what's gonna happen on the next season...

Sorry dude, got canceled. Mighty big cliffhanger to get no closure with eh.

really? wtf... i thought people were enjoying it as much as i was...

FYI - Forte spoke on what the final season would have been like...

In May, the same week Fox aired the fourth season finale of “The Last Man on Earth,” the network cancelled the post-apocalyptic comedy. The series began with Phil Tandy Miller (Will Forte) convinced he was the lone survivor of a lethal virus, and ended with a group in gas masks confronting Phil and his small band of fellow hangers-on, just as they were about to establish a settlement in Mexico. Forte — also the show’s creator, co-writer, and executive producer — spoke to Vulture’s Good One podcast about what would have come next.

Had “The Last Man on Earth” received a fifth season, the audience would have learned that the masked individuals had hidden in a bunker while the virus wiped out most of humanity. Among their ranks was “probably a couple famous people” and “some kind of medical expert or scientist who knew, ‘At this certain point, the virus will be dormant. You’ll be safe to get back out,'” Forte said. When they discover Phil and his immune cohorts — played by Kristen Schaal, Mary Steenburgen, and Mel Rodriguez — “we represent a real threat to them, because they’d thought everything was dead, so they quarantine us.”

While the captors “look scary,” Forte said “they end up being nice people… Eventually we’d all get comfortable with each other, and they would kind of let one person out. They wouldn’t be scared anymore.” However, the newly-sprung crew remains carriers of the virus. “So we would infect them and they’d die like wildfire. And then we’re back to just us. And maybe one famous person we could talk into staying around.” Cue credits.

26CB1712D-E561-16F5-9F2D1CC76B214A20.jpg

these things are getting worse every year. if it wasn't for jeff ross and that old guy this was pretty much a bunch of people just complimenting bruce willis- which begs the question: since when did roasts turn into people roasting themselves instead of the guest of honor? 

also realized bruce willis has turned into those rich guys that suddenly become dicks and no longer give a shit about anyone else but themselves

^^ the ones with greg giraldo, jeff ross, lisa lampanelli etc were really good. around the time they did shatner and the biebs things started to go downhill

iqkmUVP.jpg

can't figure out if this show is just not as funny because of how reality is or if it's just meh writing. there are a few chuckles here and there, and the voice acting is pretty good- but obviously colbert is just so anti-trump that the entire thing pretty much ends up being a rehash of whatever clumsy inane thing trump did that week- in cartoon format.

Edited by Nebraska

on the other hand, last man on earth still delivers, laughs from start to finish... curious about what's gonna happen on the next season...

Sorry dude, got canceled. Mighty big cliffhanger to get no closure with eh.

really? wtf... i thought people were enjoying it as much as i was...

FYI - Forte spoke on what the final season would have been like...

In May, the same week Fox aired the fourth season finale of “The Last Man on Earth,” the network cancelled the post-apocalyptic comedy. The series began with Phil Tandy Miller (Will Forte) convinced he was the lone survivor of a lethal virus, and ended with a group in gas masks confronting Phil and his small band of fellow hangers-on, just as they were about to establish a settlement in Mexico. Forte — also the show’s creator, co-writer, and executive producer — spoke to Vulture’s Good One podcast about what would have come next.

Had “The Last Man on Earth” received a fifth season, the audience would have learned that the masked individuals had hidden in a bunker while the virus wiped out most of humanity. Among their ranks was “probably a couple famous people” and “some kind of medical expert or scientist who knew, ‘At this certain point, the virus will be dormant. You’ll be safe to get back out,'” Forte said. When they discover Phil and his immune cohorts — played by Kristen Schaal, Mary Steenburgen, and Mel Rodriguez — “we represent a real threat to them, because they’d thought everything was dead, so they quarantine us.”

While the captors “look scary,” Forte said “they end up being nice people… Eventually we’d all get comfortable with each other, and they would kind of let one person out. They wouldn’t be scared anymore.” However, the newly-sprung crew remains carriers of the virus. “So we would infect them and they’d die like wildfire. And then we’re back to just us. And maybe one famous person we could talk into staying around.” Cue credits.

this was one of the worst programs ive ever watched. that synopsis is just... fuck sake. 

(d-lo out)

Edited by messiaen

GF started watching "The Curse of Oak Island" and consequently I sit through it some nights. I can't stand the dipshits running the expedition, but it's neat that they're actually finding artifacts here and there. Wouldn't recommend the show (History Channel documentaries are almost always trash), but Oak Island itself is fun to read about.

GF started watching "The Curse of Oak Island" and consequently I sit through it some nights. I can't stand the dipshits running the expedition, but it's neat that they're actually finding artifacts here and there. Wouldn't recommend the show (History Channel documentaries are almost always trash), but Oak Island itself is fun to read about.

lol. Man, visit this when the show starts airing again. The episode threads are serious lols.

This show is pure shit & the hypothesis thrown around are fucking bat shit crazy. You have one special girl to sit through that shite.

I watch for the debacle of it all. Slam some can & pound crown.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/

Edited by olo

lol, yeah she feels obligated to keep watching after binging most of the first season while sick. She was dismayed to find out there are five seasons.

That reddit thread I posted is more gold than those fools ever find. My kids just cap on me. "Dad, all these guys find is wood...then they sniff it. that ain't right..."

I know son...I know.

Edited by olo

Alright. Curious how this will be.

Like a door that may or may not open, the prospect of Fargo’s fourth season has been an open mystery for over a year, its existence dependent on creator Noah Hawley’s increasingly crowded schedule, the remaining stock of philosophical Midwestern morality plays, and the approval of the FX brass. With Hawley between seasons of Legion and bandying about cryptic details about a season-four period piece, the final Fargo puzzle piece fell into place this morning, when FX boss John Landgraf announced the show’s renewal, the fourth installment’s premise, and its star: Chris Rock.

“I’m a fan of Fargo and I can’t wait to work with Noah,” Rock said in a statement released during the Television Critics Association summer press tour. Specifically, he can’t wait to head up one of two warring Kansas City crime families—one black, the other Italian—in 1950. As you may remember, the Kansas City Mafia played a major role in the show’s second and best season, the primary antagonists to the Gerhardt family and employers of Fargo all-star Mike Milligan. Here, the underworld that mafia runs will be thrown into disarray when their leader unexpectedly dies during a routine surgery, complicating a peace previously brokered in an exchange of eldest sons, which leaves Rock’s character raising his enemy’s kid as his own. This will surely involve a lot of elongated vowel sounds as well.

Fargo is set to return to FX in 2019.

Does Succession get good? First ep really good, second and third were not good at all. Most of the characters are dumb-fuck wallopers, but it's not a comedy.....or is it?

Anyone seen Condor? Based on/re-telling of Three Days of the Condor which is a brilliant film. Please say it's good. 

watched all of mad men over the last few weeks. I’m not sure how I feel about it. the fifth season was probably the best, but the sixth was extremely uneven to the point of derailing the show. it seems like that was intentional, 1968 being a confusing time, but it lead me into the final season in a bit of a funk where I didn’t feel all that invested anymore. felt like the status quo was upset only to be reinstated over a couple episodes, and then don’s actions near the end didn’t ring true to me. but still, probably in the top television dramas, maybe even better than the sopranos for its examination of the spiritual death of America, even if it at times feels like a soap opera.

I dunno, I'm not giving it much hope just off an announcement, but the seeming hints that it's going to be something quite different have me at least keeping an open mind. Star Trek needs to expand beyond spaceship goes here and there and everywhere and makes problems/solves problems. Picard was a good character and his solo-ish episodes were generally good, I can see it being something good, particularly with them mentioning he's 'exploring within' or whatever.

^^ personally i'll remain skeptical because unless the writing is actually good, this seems more like fan service. kinda like those next generation episodes where scotty or spock appeared just to remind us they were old. 

i'd love it though if they did something similar to what they did in voyager where Q (or another species of phenomenon has them go back in time or pollute the time continuum) so characters from the past (picard) is suddenly in whatever time period this webseries will be taking place in. 

whatever they do, i hope we'll never see reginald barclay ever again

sharp objects veers from this "the girl with the dragon tattoo" kinda bullshit (a kind of a frankenstein monster of a protagonist, both unrealistically intelligent and unrealistically troubled, who can only communicate by constantly outsmarting the person she's conversing with) to some pretty decent psych-drama when it comes to that mother-daughter-sister dynamic (some great acting by the sister). most of the last episode had something else going for it which quite impressed me - an expertly made exposition and characterization of the whole town made possible by some terrific editing. each episode before that had a close-to-critical amount of the aforementioned bullshit to make get close to removing the show from my automatic illegal tv show torrent downloading software and ditch it for good, but it would be a shame to miss an episode of similar craftsmanship as the last one if there's one in the future.

such a dry fucking spell tv-wise after americans ended, there's really nothing wholly satisfying and so you have to go sniffing for those rare nuggets of excellence like some truffle pig. hope better call saul fixes that problem tomorrow.

that other cop is Coliccio. he assaults a black minister and Carver has to make a call about disciplining him or not.

I think Carver is my favourite character on the show overall.

sharp objects veers from this "the girl with the dragon tattoo" kinda bullshit (a kind of a frankenstein monster of a protagonist, both unrealistically intelligent and unrealistically troubled, who can only communicate by constantly outsmarting the person she's conversing with) to some pretty decent psych-drama when it comes to that mother-daughter-sister dynamic (some great acting by the sister). most of the last episode had something else going for it which quite impressed me - an expertly made exposition and characterization of the whole town made possible by some terrific editing. each episode before that had a close-to-critical amount of the aforementioned bullshit to make get close to removing the show from my automatic illegal tv show torrent downloading software and ditch it for good, but it would be a shame to miss an episode of similar craftsmanship as the last one if there's one in the future.

such a dry fucking spell tv-wise after americans ended, there's really nothing wholly satisfying and so you have to go sniffing for those rare nuggets of excellence like some truffle pig. hope better call saul fixes that problem tomorrow.

this man eugene give up life in 2006 when discover the torrent service oink pink palace. he spend all his time living off israeli welfare in condo made of palestinian child bone, downloading thousand of movie and tv show and write review on obscure internet forum. he bottom feeder like my child, never satisfy by endless content. he remind me that fat vampire "pearl" in blade movie who allergic to uv light and sit all day on bank of computer, listen to grouper and drone music.

Dear Eugene, what currentish tele is worth watching? Counterpart?

this man eugene give up life in 2006 when discover the torrent service oink pink palace. he spend all his time living off israeli welfare in condo made of palestinian child bone, downloading thousand of movie and tv show and write review on obscure internet forum. he bottom feeder like my child, never satisfy by endless content. he remind me that fat vampire "pearl" in blade movie who allergic to uv light and sit all day on bank of computer, listen to grouper and drone music.

I'll simplify: sharp objects is shite.