IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

i don't get why they keep showing BTK if these 2 detectives have nothing to do with his capture. the killers who they do end up catching, to my knowledge, aren't based on real murderers. the ed kemper testimonials don't really seem to offer any insight into helping them catch their killers so in essence- i found about 95% of this show to be blowing smoke and 5% to be somewhat interesting.

started season 2 but again: 2 episodes in and all i got was that they're getting a new office. 

btw: when you know BTK was caught because he sent a word document from his church computer that had his name in the properties, you kinda realize that this is all leading nowhere anyway. 

I think you're missing the point.

It has nothing to do with catching a killer. Nothing to do with their method.

The show is about society actually recognising that 'sequence killers' exist. That's it. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 2:05 PM, Tim_J said:

anybody watching this? 

yes. it's pretty hilarious. i like the guy playing john goodman's son (jesse). 

14 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I think you're missing the point.

It has nothing to do with catching a killer. Nothing to do with their method.

The show is about society actually recognising that 'sequence killers' exist. That's it. 

then i'm not getting it at all. i even thought it would go somewhere when bill tench was talking about his adopted son and how he doesn't talk much but- nothing. considering how much of the episode was spent establishing that, and even having us withness ford at the tench residence for dinner only to never come up again seemed pointless to me. 

btw: netflix might be done with the whole binge model for their shows now that disney+ has established it isn't going that route

Up to episode 8 of The Dark Crystal series on Netflix. Fantastic stuff. Hope there's a second season, but will hate the likely long wait for it considering how time-consuming this must be to make.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, Nebraska said:
On 9/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, hello spiral said:

This is such a weird take. It's like 5% of the whole season.

i don't get why they keep showing BTK if these 2 detectives have nothing to do with his capture. the killers who they do end up catching, to my knowledge, aren't based on real murderers. the ed kemper testimonials don't really seem to offer any insight into helping them catch their killers so in essence- i found about 95% of this show to be blowing smoke and 5% to be somewhat interesting.

started season 2 but again: 2 episodes in and all i got was that they're getting a new office. 

btw: when you know BTK was caught because he sent a word document from his church computer that had his name in the properties, you kinda realize that this is all leading nowhere anyway. 

Mindhunters is a fictional take on a true story. It isn't trying to faithfully adapt history but trying to make it more entertaining or whatever by sticking loosely to history. Definitely a 'based on a true story' kinda thing. So anything can happen.

Btw this is what I heard in some interview when season 1 came out.

It's definitely a character driven thing so if you aren't interested in the 2/3 main characters, then you won't like it. It's about how they change the way killers are analyzed and how that changes them.

Edited by Brisbot

16 hours ago, Tim_J said:

the boys was ok'ish, i didn't mind it neither loved it... in its imdb page on the more like this section there's the umbrella academy, doom patrol and titans... are any of these worth watching?

Nah, the Boys shits all over these shows. I guess I'd rate them umbrella>doom>>>>titans. I found all of them rather boring tbh.

Umbrella thing was ok, mostly pretty dull but a few good bits. The other two seem like shows aimed at teenagers. The Boys was great though, pisses over Preacher (which has gotten even worse in the latest season).

The first season of Legion was the only really consistently good one, there were some good bits in the subsequent seasons, but it was completely uneven. The last season was definitely better than the previous one though, the first couple of episodes were actually pretty cool. It's good to see that kind of risk taking and invention though, even if it's a failure half the time.

umm this is not good. unfortunate because i was really looking forward to it (as i'm a big wu-tang fan) but it's got terrible acting and the guy playing RZA just doesn't have the acting chops necessary (or charisma) to warrant being the primary focus. 

also- would've been cool to have a story instead of constant cuts to beats being made

• Sad 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, Nebraska said:

BTK is a strange case; he basically got off scott free for decades, but missed the attention law enforcement paid him, like he had an inane need to get caught.

^^^ there was that, but rader was a family man. he had a job, had kids, and was president of his church council. he also did extensive research on his victims before attacking them. when he was finally caught- he admitted that he had two more victims lined up, but would most have likely only killed one as he felt he was too old.

what was most curious is that he had asked the cops whether they'd be able to trace any info back to him if he would send them a note from his computer. they said it was impossible and when he did they checked the properties of the word document and got his first name and his churches' address. when they arrested him he asked them "why did you lie to me?" and they said "because we were trying to catch you. what did you think we were doing?"

57 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

it sucks, really?  damn.  At least Why Women Kill new episode is today.

more like it's really medicore. i just cannot get into the guy playing the RZA. also, it's not establishing who is who besides: this guy is the producer. see, he is doing the producer. and this guy is the rapper. see- he raps and so he's the rapper. 

• Facepalm 1

mr robot, get shorty and silicon valley all coming back in october...

Jim Carey's Kidding was pretty cool, excited for the next season...

Year of the Rabbit

watched this because of the main lead, Matt Berry, i thought he was pretty funny in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and in What We Do in the Shadows but i guess this was quite forgetful...

Edited by Tim_J