IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

MV5BOTI5ZjFjMTYtZTAxZi00NjhkLTlhMzItY2Nk

wow this was terrible. i actually i'm a little speechless because it's almost unbelievable how completely brain damagingly incompetent this was

p.s. jennie garth is still though

10 hours ago, Nebraska said:

MV5BOTI5ZjFjMTYtZTAxZi00NjhkLTlhMzItY2Nk

wow this was terrible. i actually i'm a little speechless because it's almost unbelievable how completely brain damagingly incompetent this was

p.s. jennie garth is still though

Oh, whew! I thought they had done a remake

37 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Oh, whew! I thought they had done a remake

it's not a remake. i don't even know what to call it? a reboot? continuation? all the original characters 30 years later. except- they're playing themselves playing their acting characters. so it's like a mockumentary of them trying to make what we thought the show was going to be about. so tori spelling is more like donna martin in real life and if you're curious what happened to donna: it's basically what happened to tori. the same applies to everyone else (except supposedly austin green supposedly produced a song for jay z because david silver was the best dj in west beverly high back in the day) 

if that sounds stupid and confusing, just add bad acting and dialogue from a disney straight-to-video special 

Edited by Nebraska

On 7/22/2019 at 4:14 PM, joshuatxuk said:

finished Stranger Things season 3

I cannot think of another season of another show with such a literal dull and sluggish start that gradually picks up momentum to the point where I was genuinely wanting more at the season finale - to my own surprise actually

really hope they wrap it up with season 4, as much as they salvaged it I feel like they are stretching it already and the series needs a conclusion for it's own sake legacy wise. making a concluding movie wouldn't be a bad idea

Just finished this myself - I was very skeptical about there being a 3rd season at all but I have to say it was pretty well done. The only other season of a show that started as slow was Twin Peaks S03, but holy shit was that worth it. 

3 hours ago, nauticaloperator said:
On 7/22/2019 at 3:14 PM, joshuatxuk said:

finished Stranger Things season 3

I cannot think of another season of another show with such a literal dull and sluggish start that gradually picks up momentum to the point where I was genuinely wanting more at the season finale - to my own surprise actually

really hope they wrap it up with season 4, as much as they salvaged it I feel like they are stretching it already and the series needs a conclusion for it's own sake legacy wise. making a concluding movie wouldn't be a bad idea

Just finished this myself - I was very skeptical about there being a 3rd season at all but I have to say it was pretty well done. The only other season of a show that started as slow was Twin Peaks S03, but holy shit was that worth it. 

I think the plan is to conclude it in series 4, since the kids will pretty much be adults by the time it airs.

30 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I think the plan is to conclude it in series 4, since the kids will pretty much be adults by the time it airs.

Cast has been saying 4 or 5. I mean they'd be in 11th or 12th in high school in the fifth so. And the actor for Steve is in his late 20s so. It could go to 5. 

kinda random, but 5 is my favorite number of seasons for a show to have.

Edited by Brisbot

speaking of, the new episode of the terror is really bad. it has nothing to do with the first one thematically, completely different thing, but it also has nothing to do with the first season's quality. really bad writing, acting, no atmosphere whatsoever nor terrific soundtrack, facsimile shallow dialogue. just really generic and unambitious drama/horror tv show with somewhat interesting setting (japs in us in ww2). dunno why they even bothered to shove it under the terror umbrella.

Edited by eugene

45 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

Took a sick day and finally watched The Terror. Ended far better than the book. Good shit.

Fully agree. I liked the story in the novel but hated the writing. 

Spoiler

The tedious interludes about Franklin's life before the expedition were extremely dull and ultimately irrelevant.

The tv series was better in every way.

Edited by Enthusiast

23 minutes ago, eugene said:

speaking of, the new episode of the terror is really bad. it has nothing to do with the first one thematically, completely different thing, but it also has nothing to do with the first season's quality. really bad writing, acting, no atmosphere whatsoever nor terrific soundtrack, facsimile shallow dialogue. just really generic and unambitious drama/horror tv show with somewhat interesting setting (japs in us in ww2). dunno why they even bothered to shove it under the terror umbrella.

AFAIK it's an all-new production team too. Which screams AMC cash grab to me.

Preacher series 4.

Its not completely bad, but its no way perfect. Pacing is all weird. Series 1 was great but now I just have to see it through since it's nearly finished.

So many odd threads going on that don't need to exist

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Preacher series 4.

Its not completely bad, but its no way perfect. Pacing is all weird. Series 1 was great but now I just have to see it through since it's nearly finished.

Have you read the graphic novels? I lost interest in the series after maybe 6 episodes but it breaks my heart a bit that I will never see the ‘War in the Sun’ comic done right. Maybe it’s too epic to be filmed.

10 hours ago, tec said:

Have you read the graphic novels? I lost interest in the series after maybe 6 episodes but it breaks my heart a bit that I will never see the ‘War in the Sun’ comic done right. Maybe it’s too epic to be filmed.

Yeah I used to read the comics, can't remember how far I got though as it was a while back. 

They've not really done Assface proud although his origin episode was pretty hard hitting and well done.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, chenGOD said:

Finished off S1 of The Boys. That was some dark shit at the end.

Yeah. Just finished this last night. It was OK, not sure I'd sit through another season though.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:32 AM, tec said:

Preacher seems to be one of those shows that is great is you are an idiot and know nothing of the original content (i.e. me), and fucking terrible if you do.

1 hour ago, b born droid said:

Preacher seems to be one of those shows that is great is you are an idiot and know nothing of the original content (i.e. me), and fucking terrible if you do.

It’s just frustrating but early in the series when Tulip fucks Cassidy I realised it was basically a completely different story, so why even call it Preacher? A bit like Akira perhaps it’ll never work with actors anyway. 

It’s just frustrating but early in the series when Tulip fucks Cassidy I realised it was basically a completely different story, so why even call it Preacher? A bit like Akira perhaps it’ll never work with actors anyway. 
Yeah one of my mate's biggest gripes was how Cassidy was portrayed cause I think he's a massive joker but I get the impression that's not the case in the graphic novel *small sick in mouth at calling them that*

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

On 8/12/2019 at 2:34 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Preacher series 4.

I haven't checked it out yet, but while I thought season 3 was really good, the ending of that season has me worried about season 4. It seems like a less interesting setup than his relationship with his grandma and all that.

Binged all of Mindhunters S02 over the last couple of days. I was quite captivated by the Atlanta Child Murders storyline and have to say they got some brilliant performances out of their serial killer subjects (my fav part). Not as brilliant as S01 but still held up p. well in my book.