IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

5eoeVwsQg35GJfARq7Azdwrzztl.jpg?resize=3

fantastic tv documentary. i just really dislike the pacing of starting some really good beef- then jumping decades back to give the person's life history.

• Like 1

Started watching Hunters (Amazon Prime) over the weekend. I like the plot but I'm not into the superhero element at all – seems like it's making light of the subject matter but also I'm just not very into superhero stuff. We've watched 3 so far, but it seems we have more complaints with each episode. Not sure how far we'll go.

13 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Started watching Hunters (Amazon Prime) over the weekend. I like the plot but I'm not into the superhero element at all – seems like it's making light of the subject matter but also I'm just not very into superhero stuff. We've watched 3 so far, but it seems we have more complaints with each episode. Not sure how far we'll go.

i recommend nazi hunters. it's basically a documentary of what hunters is trying to achieve- though (as in most cases) the truth is much more interesting and bizarre than fiction

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:46 PM, kichiguy said:

Servant has to be the most frustrating TV show I've seen in a while. A million questions and zero answers. M Night is a fucking sadist. Still pretty enjoyable.

Spoiler

isn't that the case with most movies about cults/folk horror?

i really enjoyed it, extremely well crafted... some far-fetched situations nonetheless but overall very convincing and entertaining... it's not quite horror, it's more like a haunted psychological thriller... really well shot too, thanks to shyamalan who directed the first episode setting up the tone for the following ones... :claps:
i don't think he had much saying in the writing though...  

Edited by Tim_J

Started watching Ozark last Saturday and now just finished season II, so you could say I like it. Looking forward to starting 3 a bit later. 

I found the first season started off really well, then big stretches of it were really dull and slow, that could be down to binge fatigue or too much red wine. But season II was excellent from beginning to end. Darleen is just excellent! Scary but also bizarrely cool. In fact most of the female characters are brilliant.

Brilliant show ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Unfortunately this is gonna suck right? 

Reno 911 was pretty great but bringing back stuff is always iffy of course and the whole Quibi thing is just...i'm not interested. if i hear it's really good maybe i'll steal it somewhere, but sure as fuck not signing up for a 'TV but on my phone' service ffs

6 hours ago, Tim_J said:

800px-Roland_TB-303_Panel.jpg

??

3 hours ago, Tim_J said:

From the creator of king of the hill, i dunno... 

Also, The Office and Parks and Recreation  ...

It's on my watchlist, but it shares that characteristic with roughly 80 other shows/movies atm, so ...

re-watching season 4 of Dexter - the one with Lithgow in it. He is obviously the best part of this season and I forgot how little of him we see in the first few eps. I haven't watched it since it aired 10+ years ago, but I remember thinking it was...better? the whole show seems so cheesy/campy now.

18 minutes ago, zero said:

re-watching season 4 of Dexter - the one with Lithgow in it. He is obviously the best part of this season and I forgot how little of him we see in the first few eps.

if you enjoy dexter, i highly recommend banshee

kinda followed a similar formula without being a complete ripoff ala mr robot

52 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

if you enjoy dexter, i highly recommend banshee

kinda followed a similar formula without being a complete ripoff ala mr robot

thanks. I remember banshee. watched a few episodes when it first came out and lost interest. but yeah, I get the Dexter comparison. antihero hiding in plain sight with some completely over the top/impossible plots.

Just started season three of Babylon Berlin. No official English subtitles yet, so prepare to spend a few frustrating minutes to get the fan made ones to line up correctly, but it looks as gorgeous as the previous two seasons.

On 5/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, Enthusiast said:

The Last Dance :emotawesomepm9:

:cisfor:

So good!

Its a real time-warp to go back to that era and live in it for so long. The doc is incredibly gripping/well made. Some of the candid footage they have is unbelievable. I also love seeing Michael Jordan use so many swear words. 

Essential viewing for millennials that think Kobe was the best player of all time. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zero said:

re-watching season 4 of Dexter - the one with Lithgow in it. He is obviously the best part of this season and I forgot how little of him we see in the first few eps. I haven't watched it since it aired 10+ years ago, but I remember thinking it was...better? the whole show seems so cheesy/campy now.

The Thanksgiving episode was one of the all time best.