IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Ozark is well made and acted and all that, the plot is fucking ridiculous though, these people are supposed to be criminal geniuses but they consistently act in the dumbest way possible in every situation solely to generate the maximum amount of drama, it's basically a classier version of Sons of Anarchy.

19 minutes ago, caze said:

Ozark is well made and acted and all that, the plot is fucking ridiculous though, these people are supposed to be criminal geniuses but they consistently act in the dumbest way possible in every situation solely to generate the maximum amount of drama, it's basically a classier version of Sons of Anarchy.

I loved Sons Of Anarchy, but I also had to learn to turn a blind eye to that similar fucking ridiculous plot! Sometimes I'd be laughing at the sheer baloney of it all, but I still developed a huge soft spot for it. 

Maybe I'll give this Ozark a shot.

Edited by beer badger

Ozark is great. The money laundering schemes are basic but on point. The wife is ridiculous, but Jason Bateman’s character is good. 

Hulu has this watch abs news live thing now, If you press the down arrow you get access to a bunch of showtime and hbo channels. You click on the timeline and go to learn more about the show and then you can play the movie

Edited by marf

14 hours ago, species8472 said:

dark is up there with some of my favourite shit

Yes, it's really strong. Just did ep5 of the first season and its going some really interesting places.

Sound track is by Ben Frost and it is superb

7 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Ozark is great. The money laundering schemes are basic but on point. The wife is ridiculous, but Jason Bateman’s character is good. 

I find it very watchable. Always a temptation to let the next episode play with this one.

7 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yes, it's really strong. Just did ep5 of the first season and its going some really interesting places.

Now I'll watch it just for the soundtrack - love Ben Frost.

Tales from the Loop. Based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag (which is an odd qualifier, but think at least some folks here are a fan). About halfway through. It's spectacular. More of a study in humanity than sci-fi - somehow captures the sense of melancholic otherworldly nostalgia of the paintings.

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Tales from the Loop. Based on the artwork of Simon Stalenhag (which is an odd qualifier, but think at least some folks here are a fan). About halfway through. It's spectacular. More of a study in humanity than sci-fi - somehow captures the sense of melancholic otherworldly nostalgia of the paintings.

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

I'm about to start that too, expecting great things!

On 4/6/2020 at 3:20 AM, Soloman Tump said:

Got netflix to aid isolation madness so I'm now watching Dark.

In German with English subs, obv 

22 hours ago, species8472 said:

dark is up there with some of my favourite shit

8 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Now I'll watch it just for the soundtrack - love Ben Frost.

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

lol dude the soundtrack for Dark is the WORST part by a million miles

I wouldn't say it's the WORST, cause it's definitely not, just wait for the 2nd season, there's way worse things to complain about... The reason the soundtrack sounds mostly lame is because it's linked to those embarrassing montages in the end of each episode...

anyway, this song is pretty lush:

47 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

shit this looks amazing, thanks for the tip!

first episode was good, 2nd wasn't great, and mirrored a niggling problem I had with the 1st episode, and I'm expecting more of this from the rest of them... which is, characters not doing very basic things like talking to other characters to figure out what's going on, help them out, etc. I get that's it's doing this to try and create an enigmatic air to the whole thing, it's still annoying though. it's the kind of thing most tv/movie sci fi always gets wrong in comparison to the written stuff.

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

tales_from_the_loop.jpg

Yes - this is on my binge list for this long weekend. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

^^ 

yay! Yeah, @Tim_J too I think y'all will like it, particularly if you are into Stalenhag's stuff. It really does capture the vibe of it.

@caze yeah, if you didn't like those aspects in the first two episodes.. . well, let's just say as far as I've watched, a recurrent theme seems to be what is not said, that likely should have been, and the regret and missed opportunities that arise because of that. I mean, it's still a very beautiful show, but the wonderment is always undercut by some level of heartache (but, ya know, that sorta appeals to my weltschmertz sensibilities so there ya go)

Catching up on the old Star Trek series over here. Something very comforting about watching something so old school.. the world seems a little less crazy.

Edited by austen
  • Like 2