IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

2 minutes ago, beer badger said:

I didn't realise basketball was so aggressive. All of those games seem really explosive and exciting, as well as the crowds and the atmosphere.

I have one more episode to go and to be honest I could quite happily just go and rewatch it again straight away.

Yeah, it's pretty heavy for a non-contact sport, lol. Can't wait for the next couple episodes tonight; more Rodman to come, apparently, which should be entertaining.

On 5/24/2020 at 4:19 AM, beer badger said:

I didn't realise basketball was so aggressive. All of those games seem really explosive and exciting, as well as the crowds and the atmosphere.

I have one more episode to go and to be honest I could quite happily just go and rewatch it again straight away.

I've just signed up with Amazon prime (that's how I'm watching Walking Dead) and noticed there were some bits and pieces of Anthony Bourdain shows, so in anticipation of the whole of Parts Unknown returning to Netflix I watched a few episodes of The Layover, which was before PU. I'll never understand how this dude killed himself.

Basketball in the 90s was way more physical than it is now. 

When you get to the South Korea episode of Parts Unknown, let me know what you think. One of my friends helped show him around. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, luke viia said:

Finished The Great the other night. Loved it.

Fucking weird, but it came from the heart, so... huzzah.

I just finished it. 

I thought a lot of it was pretty cheap/remedial, but a few episodes along the way won me over... like the one with the meeting with the King of Sweden. 

Ultimately, I enjoyed it, but it was annoying that SO much of the dialogue was about “being hard” and “eating pussy“.  
Still, I thought it was a “limited series” (am I wrong??). If so, that was a pretty unsatisfying end. They better come back with a second season. 

The King of Sweden was gold, lol. 

I thought it was a limited series too, but yeah, the way it ended = they want to come back for round two. I'd tune in. I don't watch many new shows but this one got binged. ...maybe it was all the cleavage. 

Giri/Haji - a BBC show about a Japanese detective in London. Really well done so far. Makes me miss both London and Tokyo. 

jeffrey-epstein-filthy-rich-200x290.jpg

the classic tale of how money buys you privilege and how the lesser privileged get exploited. too many talking heads and a tad bit of 'over-reacting' but it's the same story. just different faces

After much insistence I finally watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. I almost gave up midway through Season 2 but the Ba Sing Se arc is actually fantastic and I ended up appreciating the show on the whole. But I'm now 3 seasons into Legend of Korra and it is a far superior show in almost every way (some questionable animation by a secondary studio in Season 2 aside).

Yeah, finished true detective season 1 again. Second time. I could probably watch a couple more times. After a break. I dont usually do that. I think it is the best tv season ever that Ive seen. 

34 minutes ago, marf said:

Yeah, finished true detective season 1 again. Second time. I could probably watch a couple more times. After a break. I dont usually do that. I think it is the best tv season ever that Ive seen. 

There’s so much about it that is so classic. I think the 4th and 5th episodes were the most mind blowing. 

Been thinking of watching True Detective 1 again. I'm not a massive fan of Woody Harrelson to be honest (not for anything in particular, just don't enjoy watching him) apart from that minor detail TD was (as Candiru) says mind blowing.

On 5/27/2020 at 2:30 AM, chenGOD said:

Giri/Haji - a BBC show about a Japanese detective in London. Really well done so far. Makes me miss both London and Tokyo. 

This is pretty good!

Started watching Oh Jerome, No last night on Hulu. Caught my eye last week when looking at the phone app because that's my name so I wanted to check it out, not expecting much as I didn't know who was in it. Well I find it pretty funny and was surprised to recognize some actors, so I'll continue watching. Odd thing is that it's short format, like 12-ish minute episodes. ?

spacer.png

11 hours ago, beer badger said:

Been thinking of watching True Detective 1 again. I'm not a massive fan of Woody Harrelson to be honest (not for anything in particular, just don't enjoy watching him) apart from that minor detail TD was (as Candiru) says mind blowing.

I wasn't a huge fan of either actors, but something happened in this show. Mathew carries the show. The dialogue is insanely good. Maybe it's a chemistry of two Texans acting together, Just some magic happened with this season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gocab said:
On 5/26/2020 at 8:30 PM, chenGOD said:

This is pretty good!

It's really good, except for one scene toward the end. You'll know it when you see it.

On 5/30/2020 at 3:52 PM, marf said:

I wasn't a huge fan of either actors, but something happened in this show. Mathew carries the show. The dialogue is insanely good. Maybe it's a chemistry of two Texans acting together, Just some magic happened with this season. 

I also recently re-watched S1, was the 3rd time for me. completely agree that this is McConaughey's show, his performance is incredible. 

but don't make the mistake I made of immediately following it up with a re-watch of S2. I watched when it came out and at the time thought it wasn't as bad as the reviews it got, but holy hell the 1st few episodes are such a mess. horrible dialogue and super confusing with all the character names loosely thrown around. S2 picks up toward the middle and there are a lot of elements I like about it, but damn what a waste when you compare it to S1.