IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I am going through season 3, but the ending is so less dramatic.(if not aggravating). Im not as enthused. Even though it too is a great season

inside no 9 s05 - it was fun as always, some episodes better than the others, my favorite was the one with the magicians...

russian doll - started hating the main character and doubting that i would gonna like it... after a while she started growing on me and when the new protagonist is introduced it got pretty interesting... by the end i was totally hooked and the last episode grabs you by the balls so hard that i almost cried...

Started watching Sex Education on Netflix. Pretty good, although my girlfriend pointed out it's always weird watching actors that are playing teen characters engage in sex. Especially when it's more explicit with nudity and orgasms. Obviously it hadn't phased me till she pointed it out. Anyway she's chill with continuing to watch it which is great because it's entertaining.

I've been watching this artsy show called Eastbound and down. Very challenging but worth the effort in the long run.

Finished season 3 of Babylon Berlin. Started off a bit slow, the ending was a bit very convoluted, but the ride itself was well worth it. Lots going on, historically interesting time period (Germany, 1929), awesome set and costume design. Already looking forward to season 4.

Next up is Kingdom, I think. A Korean series that supposedly wraps social commentary in fancy costumes and throws in zombies. Intriguing.

I've seen that! Didn't really notice much of the social commentary. I'm so fucking burned out on zombies, so that might've ruined it for me, thought it was a bit meh. 

• Like 1

Ha, I've been binging those recently as well. I like it a lot, I can't explain why.

9 hours ago, Gocab said:

Ha, I've been binging those recently as well. I like it a lot, I can't explain why.

what Poundhouse?

i think i'm the only person in the whole of Ireland who watches that. i've been trying to get people to watch it! but no one has yet.

it let me to start listening to Poundcast, a podcast by Doug and Brent. also really good!

• Like 1

Watched that Epstein doco on Netflix. Worth watching. 

Halfway through Season 4 of Walking Dead. Season 3 (with The Guv'nor and Woodbury) was a massive improvement on 2. Love Michonne. Brilliant character. And yes a little sexy.

Spanked Season 10, 11, 12 of Parts Unknown because I love it. And now will go back to the beginning and start watching it all over again. Out of all the places he visited in those last episodes I would really like to go would be Oman and then Southern Italy. Oman just seemed incredible.

Edited by beer badger

Solar Opposites is pretty fun, it's like Simpsons and Rick and Morty formed a babby

• Like 1

Midnight Gospel. Has anyone else been watching this? It's an adult animated show based on a philosophical podcast, with animation by the creator of Adventure Time. Basically, it takes episodes of the podcast revolving around themes and concepts such as consciousness, meditation, spirituality, death, magick, enlightenment, ego death, and human nature in general and juxtaposes them with (often seemingly unrelated) psychedelic, ultra-violent animations.

At first I thought it was trying a bit too hard to be weird, but I think they are genuinely trying to spread wisdom, and the conversations are mostly very engaging, discussing pretty abstract themes in a calm and level-headed manner. The surrealist animations are often too arbitrary for my taste and don't seem to add much to the discussion, so the whole thing can feel a bit gimmicky in places, but on the whole I find it quite rewarding, and it is pretty IDM I guess. It has a touch of philosophy 101, but might be a good jump-off point for diving deeper into some of the stuff that's discussed. I actually prefer reading about philosophical themes, because it's easier to linger on a thought, while with the show, things sometimes happen a bit too fast on both levels, which can be disorientating, so a rewatch might be in order.

Nonetheless, I'm five episodes in, and the last one, "The Annihilation of Joy", has been the best so far. They're self-contained, so you can jump in at any point. Oh, and it's on Netflix.

I found the animation/podcast combo rather distracting tbh, maybe I'm bad at multitasking. I felt they were fighting eachother rather than complementing, so I ended up watching the animation without really paying much attention to the discussion, which seemed rather mundane to me? Only watched the three first episodes, will get back on track eventually. 

7 hours ago, Gocab said:

I found the animation/podcast combo rather distracting tbh, maybe I'm bad at multitasking. I felt they were fighting eachother rather than complementing, so I ended up watching the animation without really paying much attention to the discussion, which seemed rather mundane to me? Only watched the three first episodes, will get back on track eventually. 

Yeah, absolutely, but I did it the other way around, mostly just listening instead of watching. But I guess I could just go hear the original podcast then, which is what I'm going to do after this. I didn't find it that mundane per se. Not every single thought is entitely unheard-of, but sometimes it helps to be reminded of the basic things as well.

The last episode feat. Ram Dass is supposed to be quite good, looking forward to that.

Edited by IDEM
sp
  • Like 1

On the third episode of the huge steaming mountain of horseshit that is White Lines. After the Manc Geezer Dj Legend bought the dead dog floating in the pool back to life (which was genuinely hilarious) I decided to treat it like a comedy, it works better that way.  

I notice it was the same chap who directed Money Heist, that also lasted 4 episodes.

Shite.

Edited by beer badger

4 hours ago, Gocab said:

What do you mean by animation/podcast combo? You mean watching the episodes paying attention to both animation and dialogue right? Or is there a version with audio commentary track?