IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Started Tribes of Europa on Netflix, did the first 2 episodes.  

I like the subtitles and they switch between English and German a fair bit.

It so far ticks every single cliche of the dystopic drama rulebook and also reminds me of Game of Thrones in a number of ways, but its fun and fairly harmless.  I hope it doesnt get boring too quickly.

Spoiler

The 3 kids of the tribe all heading off their separate ways and obviously going to reunite at some point having travelled vastly different paths and met different people, a bunch of people dressed in black called crows, the loner Moses guy (who was excellent in Dark) obviously isn't to be trusted...

^^ what did you except from m night shamalamado?

hqdefault.jpg

is it just me or do we have way too many docs about retro gaming nowadays? this one is all about nintendo and about 4hrs of people saying how great they are

7 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

^^ what did you except from m night shamalamado?

I was expecting the same level of awesomeness of the first season...:(

anyway I don't think shamalamado is writing... he just produces and directs some of the episodes... 

53 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I was expecting the same level of awesomeness of the first season...:(

anyway I don't think shamalamado is writing... he just produces and directs some of the episodes... 

in television, the showrunner and producer have more control of the show than the director, especially due to name recognition. this can apply with film as well (eg. anything tom cruise is in). 

• Sad 1

M. Night, I have such a love/hate relationship with. Loved his early shit, but almost walked out on Lady in the Water, SIgns was just terrible. I gave up. Then my wife and I went to go see The Visit in theatres, surrounded by a bunch of high school kids. It was awesome. People were flipping out in the best way possible and I finally realized: whether or not he realizes it, M. NIght is making movies for a teens/tweens and, if you can just let go into that truth, his movies become universally more enjoyable. 

Honorable mention/I'm kind of ashamed to admit it but not really: I was totally moved by After Earth. Just watched it last year. Loved it. 

Sry, back OT: Just finished American Horror Story: 1984   A solid season, but not my favorite (which is odd, 'cause I love 80's horror and this pm nails it). I do feel like binge watching reveals the gaps in a show that relies a lot on week to week break for tension. The flow isn't quite there. Also, some sloppy plotting/dialogue in the latter half, with several things unexplained and/or don't seem to hold with established rules of the universe. Solid B. 

19 hours ago, T3551ER said:

M. Night, I have such a love/hate relationship with. Loved his early shit, but almost walked out on Lady in the Water, SIgns was just terrible. I gave up. Then my wife and I went to go see The Visit in theatres, surrounded by a bunch of high school kids. It was awesome. People were flipping out in the best way possible and I finally realized: whether or not he realizes it, M. NIght is making movies for a teens/tweens and, if you can just let go into that truth, his movies become universally more enjoyable. 

Honorable mention/I'm kind of ashamed to admit it but not really: I was totally moved by After Earth. Just watched it last year. Loved it. 

Sry, back OT: Just finished American Horror Story: 1984   A solid season, but not my favorite (which is odd, 'cause I love 80's horror and this pm nails it). I do feel like binge watching reveals the gaps in a show that relies a lot on week to week break for tension. The flow isn't quite there. Also, some sloppy plotting/dialogue in the latter half, with several things unexplained and/or don't seem to hold with established rules of the universe. Solid B. 

I just finished AHS ‘84 myself, the music was the high point, and it must have cost FX a ton, but the ghosts of Kajagoogoo was hard to top also, lol

• Like 1

You should be ashamed, that's crazy talk. I'm shocked and disgusted.

shame ? shame ? shame ?

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I just finished AHS ‘84 myself, the music was the high point, and it must have cost FX a ton, but the ghosts of Kajagoogoo was hard to top also, lol

hahaha lol yeah ... actually, maybe I'm off but I feel like this season actually had a bit more humor than some of the prior ones... all the stuff w/ Margaret's assistant pretty effing lol..  

On 3/4/2021 at 12:46 PM, T3551ER said:

hahaha lol yeah ... actually, maybe I'm off but I feel like this season actually had a bit more humor than some of the prior ones... all the stuff w/ Margaret's assistant pretty effing lol..  

I’m watching AHS Hotel now, surprised how much of the plot is directly lifted from The Hunger.

i can tolerate resident alien... i find myself loling several times... i could go without the sappy/drama bullshit but it's always like that with me...

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

Paris is burning is pretty great!

A chronicle of New York's drag scene in the 1980s, focusing on balls...

image.jpeg.9d865d7804099cdc6c56e7b3213d1331.jpeg

Edited by Tim_J
  • Farnsworth 1

I liked the end of wandavision. Disney plus has seriously been awesome for me, but I have kids and we watch the Star Wars/ marvel animated stuff. It’s been really fun rewatching the xmen animated series and stuff like that. The new shows are just bonuses, and mandalorian plus wandavision...... it’s hard for me to criticize it. Even if it’s an evil empire

There's a Twitch channel that plays MST3K 24/7 here:

It's pretty fun to watch that and make fun of movies with other people in the chat.

• Like 2

@Himelstein  and @Stickfigger Interesting to see the different takes on this. I found myself only slightly underwhelmed by the last episode of Wandavision (it felt a bit rushed/like there might have been some additional material that got cut for time). Overall I really enjoyed it/the whole series though - as a meditation on grief, loss, and letting go I was pleasantly surprised by the depths being plumbed in a superhero series. I'm a sucker for this sorta stuff tho - as Belle and Sebastian would say "I always cry at endings."

@Rubin Farrohhhh hotel. Was pleasantly surprised at how good Lady Gaga was. I feel like it's blasphemy but never watched the Hunger - unsurprised tho, it sees like a bulk of AHS is spent on retelling existing american horror tales with slight twists. Not sure where the line between imitation and str8 up copying lies tho....

• Like 1

Are any of them worthy of our time? I really like black narcissus the film, but I can't imagine it being a very interesting TV series.