IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 4/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Himelstein said:

I agree. It’s like Apple Music/Spotify- it’s really fucking cool, but I miss getting into someone’s car and flipping thru their cd book, or shit, even getting a mixtape. Now if someone gets into my car or vice versa it’s everything, and we both have everything, and blah blah, no limitations but still.....

As far as new shows tho- We really like that Resident Alien. It’s kind of a mix between Dexter and Eureka, or something. It has a slight cw vibe, but with a more R or pg13 rating. So far it’s been cool.

Resident Alien is probly my favorite show currently, it just hits all the beats most of the time, and Alan Tudyk and especially the Sheriff are hilarious.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier - kind of disappointing so far, not as entertaining as WandaVision, it looks and sounds bleak, lots of walking & talking (although lots of location shoots). It just seems to meander monotonously like a Dan Brown movie adaptation. Maybe there will be a big finale.

• Like 1

n8LSv1u-show-poster2x3-TdXlueR.jpg

Hell of a ride. It should have the additional title: "How I Got my Bell Tolled". It's not supposed to be funny but it becomes something of a running joke when you count up just how many concussions/head injuries figure into his life--nevermind the oceans of booze and the electroconvulsive therapy near the end of his life. For such a remarkable brain, he sure did his best to wreck it. 

Eh, maybe not a TV series...it was in 3 parts on PBS. Well, whatever, I've come this far. 

Edited by xxx
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Resident Alien is probly my favorite show currently, it just hits all the beats most of the time, and Alan Tudyk and especially the Sheriff are hilarious.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier - kind of disappointing so far, not as entertaining as WandaVision, it looks and sounds bleak, lots of walking & talking (although lots of location shoots). It just seems to meander monotonously like a Dan Brown movie adaptation. Maybe there will be a big finale.

My wife and son were both pretty unimpressed with winter soldier too, and we are pretty big mcu fans, my son is a die hard mcu and specifically Captain America fan. But we have only seen the first episode, so I haven’t totally been convinced yet. I really liked the winter soldier movie, and also read most of the Ed Brubaker marvel stuff, so I have high hopes.....but you do seem right so far.

I never read the Resident Alien comics, but I might pick them up, just because I really like the whole clash of sci fi meets modern times, but with “heart” if you know what I mean. What sucks is that on peacock it seems to be way off schedule and behind like 4 episodes. No biggie, I don’t mind waiting/saving up episodes, but it sucks when you are really into it and want to keep going. That’s how I sometimes end up impulsively buying random episodes of shows on Amazon. My son (10) really thinks that everything Alan Tudyk does is hilarious, so I’m trying to get him to watch firefly, too!

Edited by Himelstein
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

My wife and son were both pretty unimpressed with winter soldier too, and we are pretty big mcu fans, my son is a die hard mcu and specifically Captain America fan. But we have only seen the first episode, so I haven’t totally been convinced yet. I really liked the winter soldier movie, and also read most of the Ed Brubaker marvel stuff, so I have high hopes.....but you do seem right so far.

I never read the Resident Alien comics, but I might pick them up, just because I really like the whole clash of sci fi meets modern times, but with “heart” if you know what I mean. My son (10) really thinks that everything Alan Tudyk does is hilarious, so I’m trying to get him to watch firefly.

Does your son know Alan Tudyk was the droid sidekick in the Star Wars Solo movie?

• Like 1

Just now, Rubin Farr said:

Does your son know Alan Tudyk was the droid sidekick in the Star Wars Solo movie?

Yeah! That was awesome, too - we loved it. We are pretty big Star Wars fans, and he’s always looking up theories and behind the scenes stuff on YouTube. If they make a “high republic” show or whatever it seems like they are working on with the old republic style, that could be a really cool tv series.

As far as sci-fi stuff goes I really want to watch Picard, is it good? I was definitely into tng, and all the movies Star Trek has made. I saw that post about Q and got pretty excited, he was definitely my favorite part it all. And I liked Data.

1 hour ago, Himelstein said:

Yeah! That was awesome, too - we loved it. We are pretty big Star Wars fans, and he’s always looking up theories and behind the scenes stuff on YouTube. If they make a “high republic” show or whatever it seems like they are working on with the old republic style, that could be a really cool tv series.

As far as sci-fi stuff goes I really want to watch Picard, is it good? I was definitely into tng, and all the movies Star Trek has made. I saw that post about Q and got pretty excited, he was definitely my favorite part it all. And I liked Data.

Sounds like you have a cool kid, raised him correctly ?

Has he read the High Republic young reader novels? They are developing a TV series set in that time period called The Acolyte.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-acolyte-high-republic-release-date-story/

acolyte jpg.jpg

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Sounds like you have a cool kid, raised him correctly ?

Has he read the High Republic young reader novels? They are developing a TV series set in that time period called The Acolyte.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-acolyte-high-republic-release-date-story/

acolyte jpg.jpg

That looks really cool. I was looking into those, he reads random younger Star Wars stuff- mainly clone wars related, or the Jeffery Brown stuff. I loved the “knights of the old republic” comics, and read the first collected edition to him at one point. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Saul, I’m at the point where every time him and Kim Wexler appear I want Gus and Mike back on the screen. That story line is far more interesting. The lawyer stuff has lost its appeal a little, its probably saved because the acting is so good it elevates the dull story line since (spoiler alert!)         Chuck was last about. But yeah whoever Ms Wexler is working with next (I’ve lost track!) is definitely playing second fiddle to our man from Chile and his henchman. 

Edited by beerwolf

p19523557_b_h8_aa.jpg?resize=390,220&ssl

doesn't feel the same to have this without john walsh but supposedly, the inside beef was too much for fox to handle despite the show being so popular. so they installed this new update for current operating systems

Black Adder II
Black Adder the ThirdBlack Adder Goes Forth

Re-re-watching the 4 seasons of the British pseudo-historical comedy series Black Adder.
In my opinion the best thing Rowan Atkinson has done in his career.
Especially love seasons 3 (1987) (set in early 19th century with the Prince of Wales) and 4 (1989) (set in trenches of the First World War).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Brain 1

We recently finished up the most recent CB Strike show- Lethal White. My wife is really into the books, so we have watched them all as they have came out. It was good, a little bit like a less intense version of the Benedict Sherlock. 

51NHFWIwmdL._SY445_.jpg 

didn't realize how cheesy and silly this is. there is even a scene where michael is getting pulled over and kitt is "self driving" then kitt tells michael to act like there is something wrong with his neck and he's deaf, and when the cops are telling him they've been trying to pull him over for a minute he responds "sorry, but you're going to have to speak louder. i'm deaf". there is also a running gag of a cheech and chong duo of car thieves always trying to break into kitt and failing but constantly planning to do it again at a later period. 

despite the idea of having a tesla in the 80s, this is just bumbling television at it's worst. even the michael knight story was unbelievable and hokey, but i hadn't watched it since i was a kid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

despite the idea of having a tesla in the 80s, this is just bumbling television at it's worst. even the michael knight story was unbelievable and hokey, but i hadn't watched it since i was a kid.

just one of those realizations that some stuff is best left to remain in kid memory territory forever. so much silly crap came out in the '80s, and I remember it all so fondly. trying to watch it now ruins my memory of it. for example, I used to love the G.I. Joe cartoon back then. I recently tried watching an old episode with my 7 year old, and lasted about 10 minutes before turning it off. even he was like "this makes no sense."

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

On 4/16/2021 at 1:53 PM, WurstPLUS said:

Did never watch TWD, started a while ago. I'm at 7x4 now. Negan has entered the chat.

I haven’t kept up with TWD since Negan took over the show, but I am curious to watch the episode where they finally show his backstory.

On 4/7/2021 at 4:29 PM, T3551ER said:

Haha you have to remember that this show started airing like 15 years ago, back when "plausibility" wasn't always a hallmark of visual media (particularly not a CW show).

They actually do end up explaining it though - you see them running credit card scams essentially to pay for everything. But, you know, it's def a show where it's probably best to squint a bit and not think too much on the details. Suspension of disbelief is almost a prerequisite. 

At Season 5 now.  Shit's addicting as hell!  The first 3 or so seasons were a bit of a chore, like you said they were like a new cheesy monster every episode.  Now its deeply entrenched in storyline and it's great.  My wife doesn't like this kind of stuff though so she is annoyed i'm watching it all day long nonstop haha.

• Like 1

I started on Invincible and have been enjoying it. They changed some things between the show and the comic, but the story is basically the same so far. The animation is great, and works really well in Cory Walker's style. Although, I was more of a fan of Ryan Ottley's illustrations over Walker.

The writers are doing a good job of maintaining each character's power level. Can't wait for it to get to the Viltrumite war. That was one of the best arcs of the comic.

• Like 1