IGNORED

Squarepusher - Ufabulum

Redruth

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna post here because I haven't checked the Squarepusher thread in eons. But I check the New releases all the time. I can't wait for this release. Go Plastic 2.0. Gonna be some sick sick tunes! Can't wait till May. Afexwho? yeah. Welcome back to the game, Tom! "ol richard has got his work cut out for him.

Guest Fatcaesar

just watched the dark steering video, what an awful cheesecore, cancel your preorders immediately.

That song is great

Still haven't heard any of this. Can't wait for release day :music:

That's right, i haven't listen this new album 'cause i don't like sample & prefer 2 use my cd/vinyl 2 listen it... Don't understand all who search a leaked album or want 2 know how is his new album... Closed eyes, i had pre-order it! Closed eyes, i follow my Cuddly Toy-Squarepusher...

He should just let Andy make his videos.

+1

only so many mins of flashing LED one can take before they seize up.... but I bet the light show is cool live.

Wonder why theres no Andy+Tom collab yet.

Does anyone else think the mid part was inspired by the DOS game "stunts"? Same broken glass on the screen, similar DOS like racing sounds. Pretty far fetched, but that was what it reminded me of. Oh, how I loved that game.

OT: yeah, pretty boring video, cool song.

"For a while I had apocalyptic nightmares about trails of nuclear missiles in the night sky. So I aimed to recreate that strange combination of exhilaration, terror and sadness both visually and emotionally through this piece. It lead to the idea of a spacecraft leaving earth at vast speed to escape, but oddly the music also made me think of it flying through a library. So I generated the visual aspect such that, as the piece progresses, it seems as if the viewer is ever accelerating through massive corridors of books."

Liking the direction hinted at so far away from the last couple of albums. That video made me think of the Amon Tobin track though. What's with the car effects?

I actually was really interested in the video, considering I have about a 5 second attention span if it's a live sort of thing. Although I suppose I was just looking to see the live visuals on something other than a shitty iphone camera...

Liking the track too.

Still haven't heard any of this. Can't wait for release day :music:

That's right, i haven't listen this new album 'cause i don't like sample & prefer 2 use my cd/vinyl 2 listen it... Don't understand all who search a leaked album or want 2 know how is his new album... Closed eyes, i had pre-order it! Closed eyes, i follow my Cuddly Toy-Squarepusher...

I just cracked and watched the official video. I am lost for words tbh, but in a good way.

I have high hopes for this album He's touching my buttons again.

+1

only so many mins of flashing LED one can take before they seize up.... but I bet the light show is cool live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjywDEF1IXs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-9UGISAyw

Thx for the links. I meant more like a straight up collab album rather than remixes though. (still, I like both those trax ^^)

Thought it'd be cool to have Tom's crazy production skills and equipment but Andy's fun style. Throw in an andy produced video and mind = blown lol

Guest CraniumXII

+1

Yeah... Seems like it shoulda happened years ago. With the exception of the remixes, there isn't a proper collab yet... Energy Wizard sounded fairly "Ceephaxy"... So since they are on a similar wave-length at the moment, maybe we'll get lucky with a collab!

Or not... :cerious:

And you get to download it free if you've pre-ordered. But I'm not going to do that. I heard it once when originally linked, and a second time when the video was released. Now I'm going to wait to hear it in the context of the abulum.

Archived