IGNORED

Shackleton - Music For The Quiet Hour / The Drawbar Organ

Redruth

Guest Georges Bataille

I just came here to say how much I love this release.

*crawls back under rock*

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

i got it a month ago thank to watmm!

i don't get the music for the quiet hour yet but i love those drawnbar organ ep's

this is some fucking intense and agressive trip music, i never heard anything like it

great album with high replay value! i just love it buy or die!

I'm pretty sure the Pitchfork review says summat about the pricey boxset. Bollocks. It cost £22 for 3 vinyls, a full cd and original artwork book. Thats £22 well spent imo.

It does indeed - I nearly spat out my drink laughing when I read that. Three pieces of vinyl each in their own picture sleeves, bespoke box and artwork book plus the CD amounting to two albums worth of material. £22 for that is expensive? Perhaps there's an extreme exchange rate up their on Planet Pitchfork.

By the way, am I the only one that prefers, by some long way, the cohesive and intoxicating experience of "Music For The Quiet Hour" over the still excellent "Drawbar Organ EPs"? I know some people don't take to Avenged Tenfold's spoken word embellishments, but I rather like them and find they compliment rather than obfuscate.

By the way, am I the only one that prefers, by some long way, the cohesive and intoxicating experience of "Music For The Quiet Hour" over the still excellent "Drawbar Organ EPs"? I know some people don't take to Avenged Tenfold's spoken word embellishments, but I rather like them and find they compliment rather than obfuscate.

There both amazing! find it difficult to say which I prefer, l have listened to the draw bar ones a lot more as feel like the quiet hour needs the right mood and setting and should be listened to properly all the way through but when i do listen to it, it still blow my mind!

The organ is a bit too much sometimes, but over all, it's a solid release for heavy listening sessions. I really like the parts with his voice, works for me.

• 1 month later...

I just biked in here to say that 'music for the quiet hour' has unexpectedly become one of my favorite pieces of music. I love the slow ferocity with which it moves. I find that when I put it on, I am drawn into a state of attention and non-attention, and then suddenly find 20 minutes have passed. Big ups 2 shackleton.

• 3 weeks later...

ummm....listening to this album in sensory isolation...with or without some mental augmentation...is like being strapped down in a transdimensional space pod and entering a deconstructivist realm where the past present and future is laid out before you. It really takes you on a journey.

I can't help but think of this music as containing actual underground counterculturish legitimacy that would be very hard to appropriate for coolness's sake. If you vibe with it, you just do, and its a great experience.

• 3 years later...

WOW. This looks awesome. Not sure how I feel about a large-ish dose of Vengeance Tenfold though. That guy should go hang out with Spaceape on an island and leave me alone with the bongos.

lol & RIP spaceape

• 2 years later...

i'm just blown the fuck away by how amazing this album is, i revisited this recently i can't stop playing it!!

totaly went above my head at release but shit i'm there now

His most recent eps are a next level up from this, IMO.

Archived