IGNORED

Paul Thomas Anderson - The Master

Redruth

Guest Gary C

I'll see it in the cinema because I regret not getting to see There Will Be Blood on the big screen.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good. I thought Joaquin Phoenix retired from acting.

That was him acting... The whole descent into drug use and mental instablilty/the failed hip-hop act was all publicity stunts/getting into charachter for the mockumentary "I'm Still Here" directed by Casey Affleck... With all that considered, I really need to watch that cause he had pretty much everyone fooled.

I love how everyone on this board accused Phoenix of being a hack for his crappy mockumentary. Throw him into an Anderson movie and he's suddenly an actor's actor.

You sir are out of line.

Great directors make great actors.

Great actors listen to their directors.

Casey Affleck is not a great director.

Never said he was. I didn't know an actors overall talents and experience in crafting those talents does a 180 for every feature film they participate in.

Yeah, they sometimes do. Tom Cruise sucks most of the time, but not in Magnolia, unless you just hate the whole film.

I wasn't saying I thought you liked Casey Affleck's directing, just that Joaquin was listening to his direction the whole time and this is why that film failed so miserably.

I am not a big fan of Mr Phoenix.

I thought he was good in Quills but I haven't seen that in years.

I kind of like him in Signs.

Well just one scene, when they are watching the alien on the television news show.

I do not like Gladiator.

I enjoy every film that Paul Thomas Anderson has made.

I even love a few of them.

This will be no exception.

The Master will own all of our minds.

We can't be impressed with the teaser because he was in one crappy mockumentary thing?

Im impressed with the teaser. I don't know what led you to believe that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived