IGNORED

Funny Pictures Part 2

Joyrex

They are still pretty abundant here (Florida). There is some weird obsession with old Acura Integra hatchbacks that I never understood.

There's like a huge spectrum that runs from cheap custom cars (including non-Japanese cars like Dodge Neons) to really niche tuners. I've always really liked JDM aftermarket parts and tastefully tuned import cars. Drift racing videos never get old for me. I even subscribed to Sport_Compact_Car and bought Super Street on occasion back in high school. I never get into it fully though...I don't have the time or money (especially the latter).

It can be a cool scene - it's kinda like, ricers are the kids making trap with pirate FL studio and the serious tuners are more like EKTs of that community. I use to read those magazines. I don't see the ricers with the ridiculous spoilers or cheap body modifications in Austin much, maybe they're still all over DFW and San Antonio.

The biggest appeal of the little Integras from the 1990s is they're fucking fun to drive, even stock.

I've got a boring 2012 Civic which is a good, super efficient and reliable daily commuter (and I have a huge commute), but I wish Honda still made fun cars. I guess Mazda kind of took over that niche on the Japanese car end. Nobody buys Mazdas, though.

A lot of ricey body mods are fucking atrocious, of course, but there was a nice little golden period there where the underlying cars themselves were cheapish but dynamic and fun and easily tweakable, and that really was the force behind all of those uglified ricers until shit got universally boring in the 2000s.

Uh, right, way off-topic, uh...

:JPUYtgy.jpg

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are still pretty abundant here (Florida). There is some weird obsession with old Acura Integra hatchbacks that I never understood.

There's like a huge spectrum that runs from cheap custom cars (including non-Japanese cars like Dodge Neons) to really niche tuners. I've always really liked JDM aftermarket parts and tastefully tuned import cars. Drift racing videos never get old for me. I even subscribed to Sport_Compact_Car and bought Super Street on occasion back in high school. I never get into it fully though...I don't have the time or money (especially the latter).

It can be a cool scene - it's kinda like, ricers are the kids making trap with pirate FL studio and the serious tuners are more like EKTs of that community. I use to read those magazines. I don't see the ricers with the ridiculous spoilers or cheap body modifications in Austin much, maybe they're still all over DFW and San Antonio.

The biggest appeal of the little Integras from the 1990s is they're fucking fun to drive, even stock.

I've got a boring 2012 Civic which is a good, super efficient and reliable daily commuter (and I have a huge commute), but I wish Honda still made fun cars. I guess Mazda kind of took over that niche on the Japanese car end. Nobody buys Mazdas, though.

A lot of ricey body mods are fucking atrocious, of course, but there was a nice little golden period there where the underlying cars themselves were cheapish but dynamic and fun and easily tweakable, and that really was the force behind all of those uglified ricers until shit got universally boring in the 2000s.

I bought a mazda =(

I bought a mazda =(

I like Mazdas! Everyone I know who has one says they love it. They just seem like they should sell more.

I think they're great cars but they're relatively expensive. This is in part because each platform (CX7, Mazda3, Mazda6, etc) each uses its own line of parts for the interior. Other regular automakers like Honda/ford/etc make parts that are interchangeable across their lineup to cut costs.

I find it weird that they don't sell more though. I love mine!

Archived