IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Milkweg

I haven't treated myself to a Belgian Ale in far too long.

Had the Founders Centenial IPA last night. Was pretty damn good, nothing too wild though. Left me jonesing for their Curmudgeon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are a couple of crackers.

Can't recommend the Southwold Summer IPA from Marks & Spencer highly enough…6.7% of deep summer joy.

The Tesco Double IPA is made for them by Brewdog…it's the same as the Vladimir Putin limited edition they did earlier this year…9.2% of total taste fuckery.

:beer:

post-702-0-70659500-1404645082_thumb.jpg

post-702-0-38357900-1404645101_thumb.jpg

i can't drink high alcohol beers though, you can taste the alcohol and i can't get over it. That's why i can't do doppelbock. It's strange though because i can drink liqueurs and hard liquor no worries. I wonder why it comes through so strongly in beers, maybe it's the combination of the hops and the alcohol.

Damn this thread makes me thirsty. I should try some of these. I usually only drink ordinary german beer. Only thing less average that I've tried is Murphy's Red, which I love and Guiness, which tastes like soy sauce in my opinion, pretty nasty.

i can't drink high alcohol beers though, you can taste the alcohol and i can't get over it. That's why i can't do doppelbock. It's strange though because i can drink liqueurs and hard liquor no worries. I wonder why it comes through so strongly in beers, maybe it's the combination of the hops and the alcohol.

it doesn't need to be boozy like that though, some brewers just play that up. I've had some excellent light-bodied bocks. When it's boozy and hoppy it can be a lot to stomach

yay, i'm finally getting me some pussy after all these years, and it's me, which is handy cause going somewhere to get pussy has never seemed like an appealing prospect.

• 1 month later...

I went to a brewery near my home this past Friday that I've always wanted to go to... I told they waitress "GIVE ME THE BLACKEST BEER YOU HAVE!" She gave me Wreck Alley! They brew it there. It's my new shit!

Brew-Buzz-BA-Wreck-alley-vanilaa-beans-4

just tried fullers golden pride. a friend beer journalist said mr fullers favourite is this one.

it was very drinkable. a bit like wine tasting but not sour. 8.4% i could get very very very very very drunk on that stuff.. but im laying off the booze for a while, owning a bar put me off a bit!

Edited by lala

Drinking the hell of out IPAs lately, this is one of my favs

img_9598.jpg

had a Flemish sour ale for the first time, co-worker brought some to a party - very tasty but a bit strong (and pricey)

Bockor_Cuvee_des_Jacobins_Rouge_900.jpg?

just drank this...

20110107-054038.jpg

9rn0gw.jpg

ive bought 5 different ones because i couldnt get any golden pride. it isnt sold where i live. this is no:1. i think im getting drunk tonight.

it isnt very nice imo. too bitter

Edited by lala

it doesn't need to be boozy like that though, some brewers just play that up. I've had some excellent light-bodied bocks. When it's boozy and hoppy it can be a lot to stomach

Oh man, I love high-alcohol high-IBU black IPAs. Sometimes I think I like the taste of alcohol itself more than the taste of most alcoholic beverages.

I had Stone's Self Righeous Black IPA a while back, it was damn good.

stonesublimelyselfrighteous.jpg

More recently, Bell's Expedition Stout, which was really tasty. I'm aging a bottle of it.

expedition.jpg

My life is significantly worse for having moved away from the Stone brewery outlet in Pasadena. Stone's limited release/distribution stuff has been incredible for the last year or two.

Poor empty growler.

Edited by baph

My life is significantly worse for having moved away from the Stone brewery outlet in Pasadena. Stone's limited release/distribution stuff has been incredible for the last year or two.

Poor empty growler.