IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

yeah i was big on ciders for a long time but all the sugar got to me and i laid off of them for a good long while. however, i recently found a good one called argus i think? it's very tart, not too sweet at all. also enjoying a fair number of sours because, yeah, they're good and refreshing when it's hot out and in georgia it's always hot out

Old_Rasputin_Russian_Imperial_Stout.jpg

Expensive as hell, but so so good.

Yes indeedly doodly, one of my favourite stouts.

I've never tried this. It's on my radar now though, looking to see if I can order it from zyn.

My beer friend says these age really well, probably gonna get a pack and save them for winter

My all-time favorite beer. I own the hoodie. I haven't been drinking much lately but I'd guzzle one of these down any day.

Been drinking some beautiful sours recently. Such a good summer beer.

From your neck of the woods, phillips brewery has a nice sour out.

I believe it's their "Pucker Sucker"

I've been drinking this bad boy:

20160602_204603.jpg

but unfortunately that run is coming to an end. Luckily the same brewery is coming out with another sour soon (was talking with the owner at some "artisan market" bullshit) - can't wait.

Will keep my eyes open for the Phillips one though, cheers.

Good luck, it's worth it - they're out of stock at the brewery even now - so sad.

The new sour from this brewery will apparently be called "Rae" (spelling might be "Ray"?) so you should ask your favourite liquor store to order some in for you ;)

I think I just might. I've just started enjoying the sours more often, recently. They weren't really my thing before but I'm really getting into them!

Our COOP liquor (of all places) hooks us up with the hard to find beers. I hope I can find some.

Good luck, it's worth it - they're out of stock at the brewery even now - so sad.

The new sour from this brewery will apparently be called "Rae" (spelling might be "Ray"?) so you should ask your favourite liquor store to order some in for you ;)

I hope it is Rae and it's the first ever beer named after an autechre track

I hope it is Rae and it's the first ever beer named after an autechre track

Oh shit I just assumed. That would indeed be among the dankest of dank.

• 3 weeks later...

Old_Rasputin_Russian_Imperial_Stout.jpg

Expensive as hell, but so so good.

Yes indeedly doodly, one of my favourite stouts.

I've never tried this. It's on my radar now though, looking to see if I can order it from zyn.

My beer friend says these age really well, probably gonna get a pack and save them for winter

My all-time favorite beer. I own the hoodie. I haven't been drinking much lately but I'd guzzle one of these down any day.

I have to say, pretty impressed. Not the biggest stout man but this definitely had some complexity and a nice sort of smokey musk that I have to respect. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any homebrewers in here? Would be keen to set up a swap.

Recently drank: Sierra Nevada Ovila (Belgian Quad with raspberries), and a lot of NZ beer in Wellington for Beervana. Recently had this guy and it was stellar:

unibroue-trois-pistoles.png

Glad you enjoyed! I buy that one regularly. It's a fair price here ($6.49 for a bottle) especially considering the 9% kick. Unibroue is one of my favorite breweries (and certainly one of the best Canadian micro breweries). 

Trying one of these tonight. Haven't been disappointed by any of their beers but they're a little pricey =/

edit: srry, it's by Le Trou Du Diable, the beer is called L'imperatrice. Barrel aged stout, 10%

zzOW6gt.jpg

Edited by StephenG

^^^  That was one of the best stouts I've ever had.

Nice maltiness, kind of chocolatey. Poured nice, clean/strong alcohol finish. Kind of like a liqueur in a way. Highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ever since visiting Bavaria and basically consuming beer in the place of water while there - I can't get enough german beer. I can drink it so easily, it's tasty and it's pretty cool to drink beers that are basically the mecca for euro beer origins. 

I used to be a big hop-head. Now when I drink a heavier IPA it's just not appealing. 

MY GOD WHAT HAS HAPPENED?

Edited by Audioblysk

Ever since visiting Bavaria and basically consuming beer in the place of water while there - I can't get enough german beer. I can drink it so easily, it's tasty and it's pretty cool to drink beers that are basically the mecca for euro beer origins. 

I used to be a big hop-head. Now when I drink a heavier IPA it's just not appealing. 

for shame blysky. 

divorces*

German beers are bloody fantastic imo. I prefer them to Belgium beers, they may not be as complex but are tasty, yet refreshing and hit 'the spot' much more perfectly.

I'm not as crazy about IPA's as I used to be but I can't get enough of this magnificent godly nectar

FreshSqueezed_12oz%20copy.png

Deschutes = <3

I love the Fresh Squeezed, also their Hop henge IPA if you can find it. Not readily available these days I don't think.

Strangely, I've had the Hop henge with 3 different abv - 8.9, 10.4, and 10.9. All the bottles appeared identical with the exception of the abv.

Edited by StephenG