IGNORED

posh beers and ales and stuff thread

kaini

Nice find BCM

Belgian beer is deadly, as I drink it it's almost like feeling warm venom instantly running through my veins, like whiskey. 

Need to get my backside over there one day, maybe spend 3 or 4 days there. Pay a visit to that Westvleteren brewery.

Edited by beerwolf

Currently downing a 75 cl La Trappe Quadrupel with my lady. Life could be worse.

careful with surrounding occultists, they could start buying you drinks & the next thing you know yer waking up on Canvey Island with faint memories of being goat raped somewhere in wood near Colchester

flol, apart from the 'goat rape' bit that sounds like a fine evening out imo

careful with surrounding occultists, they could start buying you drinks & the next thing you know yer waking up on Canvey Island with faint memories of being goat raped somewhere in wood near Colchester

Not quite. Got chatting to a very lovely Swedish-Japanese lady. We went for drinks and pizza. Parted ways at 2am, having exchanged numbers.

Win.

Very hoppy, nice malty sweetness. 

36895936721_aa64672b3d_b.jpg

As with almost anything unibroue makes, this one is absolutely amazing. Mine was a 2014. The oak comes through fairly strong, along with some spices and hints of fruit (like dates or raisins or something). 

Highly recommend it. Think I might have posted this one before though, soz if I did.

7436878346_2e4d1a4341.jpg

beer is summat else these days, envious @ the range of flavours, choc stout looks lush

gone are the pubs with Badger Bitter on tap

Yeah it's a good time to be a beer drinker, just the fact I can go to a couple of websites and have world-class German and Belgium beers delivered to my door within a couple of days is nothing short of a miracle. Being sort of middle-aged I remember having almost zero access to nothing. I thought I was seeing things the first time I found Theakstons Old Peculier in a supermarket. That was a big deal. I have the camra beer almanac from 92 and there's only a couple of hundred UK beers in it. The whole industry was hanging on by a thread. 

the mrs. got me a nice present to hold all of my trappist and other belgian beer caps.  gonna hang it on the wall in the dining room.

i know, i know, some of the trappist beers on here are not from Belgium, but gimme a break.

sbEjqMy.jpg?2

beer is summat else these days, envious @ the range of flavours, choc stout looks lush

gone are the pubs with Badger Bitter on tap

Yeah it's a good time to be a beer drinker, just the fact I can go to a couple of websites and have world-class German and Belgium beers delivered to my door within a couple of days is nothing short of a miracle. Being sort of middle-aged I remember having almost zero access to nothing. I thought I was seeing things the first time I found Theakstons Old Peculier in a supermarket. That was a big deal. I have the camra beer almanac from 92 and there's only a couple of hundred UK beers in it. The whole industry was hanging on by a thread. 

theres a pub in Nottingham called The Lion thats a real ale/local beer shrine to quality brewing & distilling, their cider & perry list alone is a thing of wonder (summat about chilled cloudy cider/perry on summer weekend is divine), but its their a&r for want of a better description for scouting local & small batch British brews thats miraculous, always changing weekly casks & prob my favourite pub in England cos its actually really chilled & a human zoo of punters....a must if yer ever north of Brum 

the internet has changed access to scouting, like you said if you rummage delivery is a piece of piss, prob cheaper too as a pub pint these day must be £3:50/4 quid odd?

giving up booze just as the US & British quality beer range exploded was typical fkn timing

• 2 weeks later...

It's Saturday night! (GMT)

It's freezing! (Brass Monkey Weather)

What Beastly Beer are The Beer Drinking Knights Of The Noble We Are The Music Makers Of The Roundtable Drinking?

Edited by beerwolf

It's Saturday night! (GMT)

It's freezing! (Brass Monkey Weather)

What Beastly Beer are The Beer Drinking Knights Of The Noble We Are The Music Makers Of The Roundtable Drinking?

hail beerwolf the wicked

me and the wife had to work today and now she is playing some zelda and i'm checking out some wicked tunes and we are sharing this awesome bottle of chateau D'Ychouffe, tastes like sweet white grapes combined with la chouffe hmmmm, it's delicious!!

chateau_dychouffe.jpg