IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally "beat" Skyrim (or at least the main mission. I'm still doing side quests every now and then but now I'm trying to focus on Catherine. "Love is over!" not a stranger to seeing that quote I can tell you that. And will be playing Blops2 for 2 reasons. New DLC on Tuesday and my roommate fucked up save in the main storyline. When I wasn't around he got on my Xbox and tried the storyline, used my save, beat the game and now my save doesn't exist. Lesson learned, I put a password on my profile now.

In addition to, my brother is trying to get me into Fallout.

DOTA

I fucking suck

Don't worry everyone sucks at first, The learning curve on that game is tremendous. I'm assuming you mean Dota 2? If you care at all watch pro matches or "Purge Plays" to pick up a lot of important knowledge quickly. You really aren't going to be any good until you've played most of the heroes though. I put in about 1000 hours before I became decent. It is also really important to have convenient and appropriate key binds otherwise you won't be able to operate at a high level.

http://www.purgegamers.com/purge-plays

http://www.youtube.com/user/ldDOTA

Maybe Read this:

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Understanding the game mechanics and how stats affect your overall strength is important.

Building items appropriately for the heroes you are facing and your team composition is also an important part of being a good player.

Recommended items are a good basis, but they won't win matches when you get to higher queue levels.

I'm probably going to fool around on some DayZ in the next week or so. If anyone wants to play then PM me.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

DOTA

I fucking suck

Don't worry everyone sucks at first, The learning curve on that game is tremendous. I'm assuming you mean Dota 2? If you care at all watch pro matches or "Purge Plays" to pick up a lot of important knowledge quickly. You really aren't going to be any good until you've played most of the heroes though. I put in about 1000 hours before I became decent. It is also really important to have convenient and appropriate key binds otherwise you won't be able to operate at a high level.

http://www.purgegamers.com/purge-plays

http://www.youtube.com/user/ldDOTA

Maybe Read this:

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Understanding the game mechanics and how stats affect your overall strength is important.

Building items appropriately for the heroes you are facing and your team composition is also an important part of being a good player.

Recommended items are a good basis, but they won't win matches when you get to higher queue levels.

I'm probably going to fool around on some DayZ in the next week or so. If anyone wants to play then PM me.

Please don't be mistaken. I've played Dota, LoL, HoN, Smite etc. I know about the mechanics and learning curve to this style of gaming.

I just suck.

But yes, I do mean Dota 2, and Purge is pretty good for tutorials/gameplay vids. I tend to be a bit more relaxed in my gameplay though, instead of constantly crunching numbers. This is part of the reason I am not very good. I think I enjoy the collective bizarro experience more than I do the heavy competitive nature of it. I think the best accumulation of what it is like to play a MOBA game can be found in this following video:

PanzerCorps

I'd like some hardcore military strategy game and this one fails to deliver. It's just not that ok for me. anyone knows any good stuff?

real time or turn based? or do you not care?

Do not care, as long as it's realistic. Historical accuracy is 90% important, but I'm willing to lower my crieria if other fields are better represented. You got some in mind?

ah, ok. I guess I shouldn't have assumed you were totally new.

That video is hilarious though. It's pretty shameful that Jugg's team out carried a 4 carry team at 1 hour though. Even after a gg was dropped no less.

Guest Frankie5fingers

PanzerCorps

I'd like some hardcore military strategy game and this one fails to deliver. It's just not that ok for me. anyone knows any good stuff?

Do not care, as long as it's realistic. Historical accuracy is 90% important, but I'm willing to lower my crieria if other fields are better represented. You got some in mind?

then you should look at the Total war series. Specifically Rome: Total War and Medieval 2: Total War. they are imo some of the greatest military strategy games ever made.

i need to beat Dead Space 2. Im at the point where its just a lot of fighting off zerg rushes of necromorphs. Not as foreboding.

DOTA

I fucking suck

Been playing lots of LOL lately myself.

I'm decent though. Haven't gotten to 30 yet so not playing ranked matches.

I never realized how many play LOL. I started up recently but I'm up to 500 wins normal; don't really touch ranked because it seems to be a shitshow. I developed a core team of friends that I play with every night, it makes the game a lot better. Mid or feed.

I beat the original Bioshock last night, after having completed two playthroughs in Infinite. It's hard to say which is the better of the two. I think the new one had a more engaging atmosphere and story, but the original had more variety in gameplay.

Not sure whether to do an Infinite run-through again, revisit one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, or Pineapple Smash Crew - a squad-based, top-down indie shooter that came out in early 2012. I find it similar to Gauntlet for NES in its gameplay. Raptor: Call of the Shadows sounds appealing too though, if I choose to go retro.

PanzerCorps

then you should look at the Total war series. Specifically Rome: Total War and Medieval 2: Total War. they are imo some of the greatest military strategy games ever made.

Hearts of Iron II or III from Paradox Interactive. You can't get more of a grand WWII strategy game than that.

Just played this fantastic mod for Half Life 2 called The Stanley Parable. Basically anything I mention about it are potentially spoilers aside to say it's essentially about choice and narrative. Here's a trailer -

You can get the free download here - http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-stanley-parable/downloads

(Needs Half Life 2 (though not the additional episodes) and the Source SDKs installed - the latter is in the 'Tools' section of Steam)

Here's the making of The Stanley Parable -

PanzerCorps

Hearts of Iron II or III from Paradox Interactive. You can't get more of a grand WWII strategy game than that.

Nice wil try both of them. Thanks guys.

far-cry-3-blood-dragon-1.jpg

I've not had much interest in Farcry 3 since it came out, but I saw the trailer vid for this... The over-the-top 80's action cartoon aesthetics make it look pretty damn fun. I might have to look into this one. If I've heard correctly it's standalone right?

Edited by ghOsty

i need to beat Dead Space 2. Im at the point where its just a lot of fighting off zerg rushes of necromorphs. Not as foreboding.

Pretty much the last half of the game is mostly this - hardly anything scary.

darkfall:unholywars launched on tueday. Fantasy sandbox full loot pvp 1st/3rd person twitch aiming mmo. It looks to be a serious grind, but Im having a good time with the clan/alliance politics and pvp. Definitely not a solo-friendly game. Don't think this will stack up to the original darkfall. Fans of ultima online, shadowbane, runescape, dark age of camelot will enjoy.

Been playing a shitton of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer as I wait for The Last Of Us to come out... Usually on Silver, I'm not quite good enough for Gold

Guest Iain C

PAPERS, PLEASE is a full-on COMMUNISM SIMULATOR where you play a BORDER GUARD IN A FICTIONAL, EARLY-80S EASTERN EUROPEAN REPUBLIC.

paper1.jpg

Can you perform enough invasive full-body searches to meet your daily quota? Will you pay enough attention to finely-detailed bureaucratic stamps? Will you literally stamp enough passports with your satisfying rubber stamp? STAMP! STAMP!

Or will your family die of cold, starvation or easily-preventable illness in their poorly-equipped коммуналка?

Find out today with the free demo!