IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Woah yes is this a special edition or something ? The SNES look is beautiful !

Also thanks for all your recommendations, I guess I'll have plenty of time to loose on it :emotawesomepm9:

Just bought a second-hand DS Lite...As of right now I just have FF IV on it (which is great btw !), has anybody any recommendation please ? (beside the obvious ones like Zelda/Metroid of course !)

Find yourself an R4DS card and load up!

Just bought a second-hand DS Lite...As of right now I just have FF IV on it (which is great btw !), has anybody any recommendation please ? (beside the obvious ones like Zelda/Metroid of course !)

READ THE RULES

Guest Roksen Creek

Disgusting conduct. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

CycloDS is better

Guest jasondonervan

Japanese New3DS model, those are it's standard button colours. Coming to Australia before the New Year, everywhere else next year? (Nintendo yet to confirm)

Guest Roksen Creek

Japanese New3DS model, those are it's standard button colours. Coming to Australia before the New Year, everywhere else next year? (Nintendo yet to confirm)

The screen size is a little bigger than the original 3DS is it not? Can you feel the difference at all or is it too minimal? I'm torn on whether to get this or the XL when they release over here. Part of me wants the bigger screen, but another part wants the crisper image :confuzzled:

I guess I'll need to try them out first.

The NEW XL is outselling the standard in Japan, and the head tracking supposedly provides a much crisper 3D image, on both systems. I don't think they planned the XL to be the main Jap system, otherwise they would have made faceplates for it was well.

Guest jasondonervan

The screen size is a little bigger than the original 3DS is it not? Can you feel the difference at all or is it too minimal? I'm torn on whether to get this or the XL when they release over here. Part of me wants the bigger screen, but another part wants the crisper image :confuzzled:

Screen size bigger than original 3DS, yep. It's a comfortable set of screens to use, and that's from someone who's used XL models for the past few years. Colours are very vivd, there's a nice sharpness to it yet visually everything seems smoother than on XL screens. Delighted with it personally, will definitely sidegrade my EU model to one when it finally comes out here.

Guest jasondonervan

The NEW XL is outselling the standard in Japan, and the head tracking supposedly provides a much crisper 3D image, on both systems. I don't think they planned the XL to be the main Jap system, otherwise they would have made faceplates for it was well.

About that - there was a special edition New3DS LL (AKA XL) unit for the new Monster Hunter game which came out on the same day. Japan goes mental for MonHun, so it's little surprise that sales figures were skewed more favourably towards the larger model. It will be interesting to see how sales between the two variants fare over the coming months.

Guest Roksen Creek

Screen size bigger than original 3DS, yep. It's a comfortable set of screens to use, and that's from someone who's used XL models for the past few years. Colours are very vivd, there's a nice sharpness to it yet visually everything seems smoother than on XL screens. Delighted with it personally, will definitely sidegrade my EU model to one when it finally comes out here.

Sounds great

About that - there was a special edition New3DS LL (AKA XL) unit for the new Monster Hunter game which came out on the same day. Japan goes mental for MonHun, so it's little surprise that sales figures were skewed more favourably towards the larger model. It will be interesting to see how sales between the two variants fare over the coming months.

Yes I heard that.

Amiibo support coming to Hyrule Warriors, maybe I'll buy one after all.

Guest transmisiones ferox

How about to play and try it for yourself? The same is with A;I people being upset only because sites gave a low score, but this game is amazing! Same with this. For sure A;I very interesting, it has very great ideas! And the thing, that is you who miss, not playing it after all, if you enjoying video games :)

Edited by arvy Ictal

Can't get enough of Team Fortress 2 lately.

Played it since the beta and even admin'd totaltf2.com (RIP) for a little while, but I started to play it less and less over time, and it got to the point where I literally went years without touching it. However, I bought a brand new rig at the start of this year so naturally I've been playing a ton of TF2, trying to keep up with all the shit Valve keep implementing into the game haha.

Also currently replaying Psychonauts with the mrs when she's at mine. Massively underrated game. Still waiting on that sequel!

Played it since the beta and even admin'd totaltf2.com (RIP) for a little while, but I started to play it less and less over time, and it got to the point where I literally went years without touching it. However, I bought a brand new rig at the start of this year so naturally I've been playing a ton of TF2, trying to keep up with all the shit Valve keep implementing into the game haha.

The new Mann vs Machines mod is really great. But I never felt the need to play TF2 that much, even tho I love that game...

More into DotA 2 at the moment !

I played TF2 for at least 3 hours every day from the day it was released up until a few months after they introduced the in-game store. many memories, such lols, wow.

The new Mann vs Machines mod is really great. But I never felt the need to play TF2 that much, even tho I love that game...

More into DotA 2 at the moment !

I still haven't got around to MvM yet, but it's somewhere on my 'to-do' list. Having too much fun playing Payload matches at the moment haha

I played TF2 for at least 3 hours every day from the day it was released up until a few months after they introduced the in-game store. many memories, such lols, wow.

Yeah, I felt a little jewed over when Valve announced the whole 'free-to-play' thing. But oh well, at least we got a virtual hat and a fucking badge out of it, eh?

I didn't care that it went free-to-play. I actually liked that. it was the store and the hats and the general cluttering-up of the game on my slow rig that finished it for me.

Well yeah, it's cool that it's free now, but it still would've been nice for Valve to acknowledge us veterans a bit more.

The store is definitely getting ridiculous. There are so many items now, and a lot of them are quite expensive when put into context. I can't seem to justify spending £6 on a little parrot that sits on your shoulder with absolutely no gameplay benefits.

Guest Enter a new display name

The Evil Within seems to be getting shit on quite a bit, looks like I'm holding out for Silent Hills for a new good horror game.

I have completed about half of the game and I must say the critics are wrong: they complain about either the story (Who cares? It's a video game), the difficulty (What else do you expect from Shinji Mikami?) or the black bars (Screen ratio is wider than 16:9). If you are familiar with Shinji Mikami's work, you can tell this game is quality. The game does not hold your hand, the clumsy controls make the game design interesting, the situations have a lot of tension, and the atmosphere is immersive.

This game is like Resident Evil 4 (from the same director, mind you), but less accessible to the general public. Do you remember when Godhand was hated and it later became a cult game? Similar things were told about Vanquish. The Evil Within was simply made for a more hardcore crowd. Just ignore the reviews.

Edited by Enter a new display name

I bought Portal 2 in the US sale, still an amazing game. Also picked up a bunch of Castlevania games from the current UK sale, pity Dracula X isn't playable on anything but PSP.

Psychonauts is amazing.

Still on my PS3 waiting to be played like 100s of others.

Edited by NorthernFusion