IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Bayonetta is receiving 9,5 and 10 ratings left and right (except from Polygon cause tits are offensive grrr).. I hope we get a port

Not likely since Nintendo funded the development...

Can't remember where I stole this form, but "If you're asking for Bayonetta 2 on other systems, you might as well be asking for Zelda or Mario"

Utterly ridiculous what some will pay for a fucking scarf - Wii U game Hyrule Warriors Ltd Editions going for 800USD on Ebay... for an average game on an average system and a shitty little scarf.

Might as well been a plastic box with a grinning face and a paper record...

^ Yeah I bought TR last night, but will download later.

Utterly ridiculous what some will pay for a fucking scarf - Wii U game Hyrule Warriors Ltd Editions going for 800USD on Ebay... for an average game on an average system and a shitty little scarf.

$800 for a scarf?? That thing better be woven from the pubic hair of virgins then (sorry, Louis Black reference)

Edited by ambermonk

Yeah, kind of not that bothered about limited edition games any more. Rarely anything TRULY special to warrant the extra quids. I look at the limited edition scarf / book / sculpted bloody hand once, say 'nice' to myself and put it in a drawer, terrified it'll be damaged and I can't sell it on. Not worth it.

Speaking of Drive Club, where do you get the free PS Plus demo thingy? I don't have a PS4 yet but I want to tag it as 'bought' so I can download it eventually. Even if it is shit.

Also, mostly finished Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (yes, real title) and was sort of disappointed how easy it was. I had read the game is quite harsh and unforgiving but I finished the final boss with one attack. And he didn't even get a chance to attack me. Still worth the ten pounds though.

In my experience, Nintendo fans are akin to Disney fans, some will pay ANYTHING for their desired Mcguffin.

Btw - why do I have to buy my horse separately??

Bayonetta is receiving 9,5 and 10 ratings left and right (except from Polygon cause tits are offensive grrr).. I hope we get a port

Not likely since Nintendo funded the development...

Can't remember where I stole this form, but "If you're asking for Bayonetta 2 on other systems, you might as well be asking for Zelda or Mario"

Forgot about that... Guess I'm forced to *sigh* buy a WiiU not play this game

Anyone know of any game dev forums that have a relatively low shithead to nice person ratio?

tigsource always seemed alright - admittedly I've not seen too much of it but what I saw seemed fine.

Guest bitroast

home with flu, will be on Mario kart 8 & Hyrule today if anyone want 2 play

added.

will also be playing MARIO KART 8 online, if anyone wants to add :)

does sonic all star racing transformed (horrible name..) have online play? cos I ordered that and plan on playing that too shortly..

just started on Resonance, by Wadjet Eye (from recent Gemini Rue goodness). i've never played anything but great stuff from Wadjet EYe and this seems to be no exception.

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/resonance.html

resonance.jpg

resonance-6-8069752673704045393109365935

yeah these games are all great, playing the Blackwell series right now

I'm really enjoying Alien Isolation. I was hesitant to get it right away because my best options to play it are 360 and PS3.

I was going to get a PS4 this month, but then i realized that was a stupid use of resources since i rarely play games anymore and i used the money on a Korg MS-20 Mini instead.

The 360 version looks great so far, there are definitely some dramatic frame rate dips/stutters at a few moments, but it doesn't seem so crippled that it isn't a worthy version.

The sound design is superb. I am not easily scared by media, the only things that typically scare me are sharks and strangers. The way they utilize sound in this game to cause tension is unbelievably effective, i don't think i have ever been so unnerved by a game since i was a kid. I had a legitimate sense of dread of encountering the Alien for the first time in game once that became a threat.

Full disclosure, it was completely dark in my house, i had the sound cranked up, was sleep deprived and quite stoned.

Edited by omnii

I'm playing mostly 360 games that I never got around to. I have an XBone, but it's so hard to justify buying a $60 game when there are dozens and dozens of amazing 360 games still lying around for like $5. I might pick up that new Shadows of Mordor game, or whatever it's called.

I'm in the middle of way too many games, but primarily playing Mass Effect 2, the first Metro game, and Dragon Age: Origins.

If anyone ever wants to jump online, I play CoD: Ghosts on XBone (but not much recently). "Mitt Romney" is my dormant username, because I think it's hilarious, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for him solely on account of wanting to have the president's name as my gamertag. This election, fuck it, I figure that's as good a reason as any.

"Ohio State" is my main gamertag.

Got Skyward Sword (with golden Wiimote, natch) and have been playing it with my daughter - very different than previous Zelda games, and the watercolour style artwork actually does a lot to counter the non-HD resolution. Swinging the sword is actually fun with the Wiimote, and fairly accurate.

Guest bitroast

Got Skyward Sword (with golden Wiimote, natch) and have been playing it with my daughter - very different than previous Zelda games, and the watercolour style artwork actually does a lot to counter the non-HD resolution. Swinging the sword is actually fun with the Wiimote, and fairly accurate.

Nice to see you enjoying:)

Below is my pointless opinion on game..

Skyward Sword is a weird one. For me it's really good, really fun. but i also find the pacing really slow, drawn out, padded with a lot of nothing and even gets a little painfully repetitive at times.. The game takes its sweet time to introduce new ideas / mechanics.. Too long , even ..

But the moments of the game that are good are really good. The swordplay, as you mentioned, is great! And when it starts introducing the other items and then mixing the items up a bit it gets REALLY fun. The bow and arrow, throwing bombs, etc. all have their own unique controller input and the game finds fun ways to implement that into the gameplay..

Its a shame the game is so drawn out and uneven.. If you can look past it .. The gameplay is great.. But i cant think/talk about the game without pointing out how flawed i think it is.

The game gets better as you get into it.

Nice to see you enjoying:)

Below is my pointless opinion on game..

Skyward Sword is a weird one. For me it's really good, really fun. but i also find the pacing really slow, drawn out, padded with a lot of nothing and even gets a little painfully repetitive at times.. The game takes its sweet time to introduce new ideas / mechanics.. Too long , even ..

But the moments of the game that are good are really good. The swordplay, as you mentioned, is great! And when it starts introducing the other items and then mixing the items up a bit it gets REALLY fun. The bow and arrow, throwing bombs, etc. all have their own unique controller input and the game finds fun ways to implement that into the gameplay..

Its a shame the game is so drawn out and uneven.. If you can look past it .. The gameplay is great.. But i cant think/talk about the game without pointing out how flawed i think it is.

The game gets better as you get into it.

Am I the only kind who thinks Link controls like shit in SS? His Twilight Princess controls were MUCH tighter.