IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

Am I the only kind who thinks Link controls like shit in SS? His Twilight Princess controls were MUCH tighter.

mhm. i much preferred SS. in SS, there's the button that resets the wii motion plus calibration back to centre, and i found myself having to press that a lot because the controller would lose it self and start drifting off to the side. there were a few iffy moments here and there, but overall i found it worked fine and it was fun playing with the new controller methods.

i didn't really like TP too much. the way the wii interpreted the swinging action as a sword swing felt cheesy to me. link does the same animated sword action every time. one sword swing left, second sword swing right, then third Hiyaaa!! sword swing. none of it felt 1to1 or intuitive so i was just swinging the wiimote randomly alot when it came to sword fighting. plus, even by the end of the game i couldn't work out how to distinguish between doing the sword spin attack and the shield jab. in times of battle the wii would pick up the wrong action all the time and i could have sworn i was doing the right action ... :|

compared to the skyward sword style where i was able to (mostly) get the hang of it.. and the game was developed to work with those controls as well.. having enemies with specific shield/blocking patterns and you would have to swing the controller in specific angle to make the hit. good fun:)

all this is IMO of course, but yes, much preferred SS controls to TP.

unless of course, you're referring to Twilight princss on gamecube, which is my preference.., the control input work flawlessly :emotawesomepm9:

tapping B to swing makes alot more sense than wii registering a swing motion as sword swing input. plus you get camera control with c-stick.

Edited by bitroast

Any fans of the old Rogue Squadron series for N64 & Gamecube? Trailer revealed for canceled Wii compilation with new levels & even light sabers. I hope these get reissued someday they were great.

Guest bitroast

I guess I meant joystick control, not the above the waist bunsiness lol

oh shit, sorry.. lol. talk controls between skyward sword and twilight princess and instantly assume above the waist business.

Got Skyward Sword (with golden Wiimote, natch) and have been playing it with my daughter - very different than previous Zelda games, and the watercolour style artwork actually does a lot to counter the non-HD resolution. Swinging the sword is actually fun with the Wiimote, and fairly accurate.

Nice to see you enjoying:)

Below is my pointless opinion on game..

Skyward Sword is a weird one. For me it's really good, really fun. but i also find the pacing really slow, drawn out, padded with a lot of nothing and even gets a little painfully repetitive at times.. The game takes its sweet time to introduce new ideas / mechanics.. Too long , even ..

But the moments of the game that are good are really good. The swordplay, as you mentioned, is great! And when it starts introducing the other items and then mixing the items up a bit it gets REALLY fun. The bow and arrow, throwing bombs, etc. all have their own unique controller input and the game finds fun ways to implement that into the gameplay..

Its a shame the game is so drawn out and uneven.. If you can look past it .. The gameplay is great.. But i cant think/talk about the game without pointing out how flawed i think it is.

The game gets better as you get into it.

Yeah, I noticed how it takes FOREVER to just get into dungeons, etc. - I had taken a peek at a strategy guide years ago, and noticed there is quite a bit of boss recycling as well... it will be interesting if the Wii U Zelda uses motion controls or not...

Got Skyward Sword (with golden Wiimote, natch) and have been playing it with my daughter - very different than previous Zelda games, and the watercolour style artwork actually does a lot to counter the non-HD resolution. Swinging the sword is actually fun with the Wiimote, and fairly accurate.

Nice to see you enjoying:)

Below is my pointless opinion on game..

Skyward Sword is a weird one. For me it's really good, really fun. but i also find the pacing really slow, drawn out, padded with a lot of nothing and even gets a little painfully repetitive at times.. The game takes its sweet time to introduce new ideas / mechanics.. Too long , even ..

But the moments of the game that are good are really good. The swordplay, as you mentioned, is great! And when it starts introducing the other items and then mixing the items up a bit it gets REALLY fun. The bow and arrow, throwing bombs, etc. all have their own unique controller input and the game finds fun ways to implement that into the gameplay..

Its a shame the game is so drawn out and uneven.. If you can look past it .. The gameplay is great.. But i cant think/talk about the game without pointing out how flawed i think it is.

The game gets better as you get into it.

Yeah, I noticed how it takes FOREVER to just get into dungeons, etc. - I had taken a peek at a strategy guide years ago, and noticed there is quite a bit of boss recycling as well... it will be interesting if the Wii U Zelda uses motion controls or not...

god i hope it doesn't. however, i did find the controls in skyward sword among the best implemented motion controls.

Guest bitroast

Hmm its a tough one! I did enjoy the motion controls and would probably enjoy it if the game was motion control focused. Take what was learnt and build upon it, move that development foward !

It seems to be a focus of theirs with the zelda series.. Keeping the gameplay fresh.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the next game went back to basic controller input, with gamepad for items and pretty much scrapped motion controls (maybe some OPTIONAL motion for bow and arrow) .. Pretty much wind waker hd control style..

But that wouldnt be a step foward. Maybe they dont care anymore about super progressive controls (ala super mario 3d world.. mario kart 8)

No idea !! :) hard to tell..

Alien: Isolation.
It's horrible to play in the dark but it's a fantastic game.. Beautiful level design, artwork, gameplay and lightning.
Just don't play it after a blunt at 2AM and you'll be fine. :catghost:

Also, my PC is like 4 years old now and it looks gorgeous and plays well (runs on mid to ultra), don't know what sort of underpowered machine you have to own for it not to run.

It's horrible to play in the dark but it's a fantastic game.. Beautiful level design, artwork, gameplay and lightning.

Also, my PC is like 4 years old now and it looks gorgeous and plays well (runs on mid to ultra), don't know what sort of underpowered machine you have to own for it not to run.

How's the sound? I heard mention the sound design was some of the best ever for creating tension...

How's the sound? I heard mention the sound design was some of the best ever for creating tension...

Oh it's fantastic. It's programmed into movement, the enemy's aggression level and your place in the map. maybe more, I don't know.

say you sneak past a bunch of robot dudes, it'll go from a silent eery sound to a hard, nervous tone when you're trying to pass them.

suddenly bam they spot you, the music gets extremely intense - you run away and hide in a closet. Immediately the sound goes back to a mixture of the eery tone combined with the intense running-away sounds mixed with the protagonist's heavy breathing and pumping heartbeat.

It's great, really.

don't get me started on the xeno though. that one is just mad. go play it, it's worth it! :)

good to know it's not such shit as those guys in the review that triachus posted said. i was very disappointed at first cause i expected much from it. lots of other reviews on youtube was great too.

regarding my comp. i have an old pc desktop with an old quadcore (intel q4400) but that's not the biggest problem. cause i bought it with music production on my mind the graphic card i bought was the worst i could find i guess (:facepalm), cause i never play video games, only chess and i play it on-line. i only sometimes play unreal tournament 99 and because it's an old game i can play it. that's it. as a big fan of alien (the movie) i was exited to see the game but i can't play it on my current pc. i also have macbook pro, but it's a 13 inch from 2011, which integrated graphic card is also underpowered for the game. :(

soon i'll buy new pc so...soon

Edited by xox

Just bought a second-hand DS Lite...As of right now I just have FF IV on it (which is great btw !), has anybody any recommendation please ? (beside the obvious ones like Zelda/Metroid of course !)

Just bought a second-hand DS Lite...As of right now I just have FF IV on it (which is great btw !), has anybody any recommendation please ? (beside the obvious ones like Zelda/Metroid of course !)

ds castlevanias were dope

Never played any Castelvania anyway (yeah I know I had a shitty childhood !), might give those one a go. Thanks :flower:

Never played any Castelvania anyway (yeah I know I had a shitty childhood !), might give those one a go. Thanks :flower:

I second the Castlevania recommendation, just avoid the "Lords of Shadows" one.

"Dawn of Sorrow" is great. "Order of Ecclesia" is my other favorite, that one favors a shorter attention span by isolating all of the areas and offering them to you on an over world screen.

by "horrible" you mean "fantastic"? I live for those scares.

blasphemy! do yourself a favor play some goddam castlevania!

I second the Castlevania recommendation, just avoid the "Lords of Shadows" one.

"Dawn of Sorrow" is great. "Order of Ecclesia" is my other favorite, that one favors a shorter attention span by isolating all of the areas and offering them to you on an over world screen.

pretty sure the lords of shadow one was only on 3ds.

anyways here's an unsorted list of some of my fave ds games:

animal crossing, korg ds-10, retro game challenge, new super mario bros., brain age 1&2, picross, super princess peach and wordmaster.

ds lite was my best friend back in the day when i was a projectionist. had about 3 hours after threading the last set with nothing to do except be available if shit hit the fan.

Guest Roksen Creek

Bangai-O Spirits

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict

Professor Layton

Infinite Space

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan

SMT: Strange Journey

Guest jasondonervan

Loving the fact that my New3DS handles DS cards from any region (except DSi-enhanced ones), shame that doesn't extend to 3DS cards... ah well.

Front Mission runs great (as always)

ic7Sh6VkDckWu.JPG

iKLpbLD7lB6gl.JPG