IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

does this add anything to the cookie clicker format? does it have more in depth ascension upgrades/anything?

Not that I've seen so far - Real nice aesthetic to it though, oddly calming with the minimal graphics and blippy sounds !

People seem so bummed about No Man's Sky.

I followed the game pretty closely, but I'm still surprised that no one ever stopped to think or consider if procedurally generated universes are worth exploring? If none of the planets have anything unique to them besides the fact that they're randomly generated then what's so interesting about them? Where's the stuff the developers planned or hid on the planets? Where are those planets that everyone is raving about? If every planet is just a based on the same parameters then how can you expect it the exporation to be any fun?

I know this is a very black and white way of looking at it, but I'm surprised people were so hyped by this game. Everytime they've showed the game it has all seemed very superficial and only skin-deep.

But hey, I'm still very excited about trying it out because I bet there's more to it than what meets the eye. And like Austin Walker wrote, "No Man's Sky is the stress reliever I didn't know I needed".

p much this, I dunno wtf people were expecting

just looks like a chill space exploration/survival game, actually the more I see of that aspect the more I want to play. It's quite a steep pricetag currently though, £40 on Steam. Maybe if they hinted at large updates coming I'd be tempted to pick it up at that price but for now I'll wait.

playing wipeout psp games with an emulator while waiting for formula fusion. 

i also started over in fract osc and gonna take notes/use screenshots since i think some of the puzzles are cumulative and require you to have kept track of clues throughout the game. i'm hoping i'll have the same kind of epiphanies like i did when playing antichamber. get painfully stuck a few hours in. put it away for a year. come back into it refreshed and hammer it out in a couple of days. really cool game

A Clicker with an end-game ?!

Uh-huh! Was pretty surprised by that as well

I won't start any other incremental/clicker games for a while. Cookie Clicker is plenty, but thankfully it has the idle/away feature where you maintain a percentage of production while you're away. There might have been a chance I would have lost my job without that.

But check out A Dark Room if you haven't played that! It has an ending and a narrative, as well as some other mechanics like worker management, some other cool stuff I won't spoil. It's maybe 10 hours long if I remember correctly, but it's been a couple years since I've played it.

http://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com/

I can't remember where I got with A Dark Room - Seem to remember there was a point where I was completely overwhelmed by all the baddies and everyone died. Could've totally invented that though !

Resident Evil 4 is rereleased on consoles and PC on August 30

DE47C4CB-73AB-4FF1-879C-BCC54E4609B4_zps

Really fucking tired of the Resident Evil Rehashes... How many times has this game been re-released?

And honestly, I didn't think it was that great to begin with - I got tired of Resident Evil around the time of Code: Veronica...

Really fucking tired of the Resident Evil Rehashes... How many times has this game been re-released?

I thought you'd never ask...

Gamecube

PS2

PC

Wii

Zeebo

iOS

PS3

Xbox360

Android

PS4

XBone

11 releases! Hahaha!

I thought you'd never ask...

Gamecube

PS2

PC

Wii

Zeebo

iOS

PS3

Xbox360

Android

PS4

XBone

11 releases! Hahaha!

Good lord. Almost as bad as Square with the "Final" Fantasy games...

Final BroFantasy™ XV has been delayed from September 30 to November 29... of course, the internets had something to say about this...

lol come on. The game looks f'en great even if you're not a fan of the series. Battle director is the same as kingdom hearts btw.

completely pointless compared to cookie clicker, has about 5 percent of its depth. gave up at 2000watts per sec

Nah gets better once you eject from yer ship :)

if the last demo was any indication the current ps4 seems way under powered to run it well. will probably wait for deets on the eventual pc/neo release.

much more excited for world of final fantasy

if the last demo was any indication the current ps4 seems way under powered to run it well. will probably wait for deets on the eventual pc/neo release.

much more excited for world of final fantasy

Me too - the characters and game mechanics are cute and look like it will be actually fun, unlike most FF games of late.

Of course, No Man's Sky features dick monsters - look at the creature's name:

kqkc4i2oz0wqdnyx4pry.png

completely pointless compared to cookie clicker, has about 5 percent of its depth. gave up at 2000watts per sec

Nah gets better once you eject from yer ship :)

Beated it - More clickers need an arc like that with a finishing point. Loved it - thanks Squee !

no man's sky is a pile of shit. looks like an n64 game, same planet over and over with no real variation, "an entire universe to explore" feels empty with no real civilization to encounter. basically a shit version of minecraft set in space. this would maaaaybe have been acceptable as a 14.99 early access game with a cool base concept. as a $60 aaa title it's dogshit. 

Edited by keanu reeves

"an entire universe to explore" feels empty with no real civilization to encounter

I like that idea of most planets just being dead rocks and then once in a while you see something that is fucking weird and fascinating.

Granted I haven't played the game but it seems like you can leave the planets and reach new ones pretty fast.