IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

reading comments is good too. This whole preorder thing doesn't work with that though. heh, something borderline like an aliens game though, come on, you've got to be suss about it going in to the whole thinking about buying process. Guess you guys are just more obsessed with the franchise than i am.

Still best Alien franchise-related game:

alien.png

I am being serious - it was tough as nails but had atmosphere for days (if you let your imagination fill in the blanks), and had a team dynamic that was way ahead of its time. But don't just take my word, see what Crash magazine thought of it back in 1987.

Sometimes, your love of a franchise/character/etcetera can make you enjoy a game that is technically pants or repetitive. Not that I know whether the Aliens game in question is pants, mind you.

Guest jasondonervan

Yeah, that's why fanboys are blind to the fact that every game after MSG1 is unplayable, nonsensical garbage.

MSG3 is still amazing.

I also enjoyed Monosodium glutamate 3: Salt Eater

:emotawesomepm9:

Randomly bought Shadow of Mordor (PC) on the weekend, tbh I didn't actually know anything about the game until last week! Glad I took the plunge, the combat is suitably crunchy and it looks gorgeous.

Not sure about new Alien, tempted to wait that out until it goes cheaper...

Elite Dangerous still great, took myself off to a low intensity combat zone and got stuck into some shooty dogfighting for a change (have mostly been running cargo). Really intense battles, so much fun. Game is lush/IDM as furk, probably a contender for one of my games of the year, even though it is still in beta.

By4w3RSIcAAk7FY.png

Edited by jasondonervan

Guest transmisiones ferox

Yeah gonna order Alien Isolation via psn tonight, I guess after midnight it will can be purchased

Guest jasondonervan

Yeah gonna order Alien Isolation via psn tonight, I guess after midnight it will can be purchased

Should be available to preload by now. I bought Driveclub (digital) last week, I think that's out on Wednesday here so should be preloading today/tomorrow.

But hell you overpaid for about

Should be available to preload by now. I bought Driveclub (digital) last week, I think that's out on Wednesday here so should be preloading today/tomorrow.

right, but hell you overpaid for about 10 pounds, I guess I just will order a copy, just to wait is a pain in the ass, I'm still trying no to watch gameplay videos on youtube

Edited by arvy Ictal

Guest jasondonervan

Overpaid? For Driveclub? The Plus upgrade ver. was £35, I bought a cheap code online and it cost me £30 for the full version.

sorry messed up the post, overpay for Alien Isolation on psn, you can find physical copy is cheaper ;)

Overpaid? For Driveclub? The Plus upgrade ver. was £35, I bought a cheap code online and it cost me £30 for the full version.

Edited by arvy Ictal

Guest jasondonervan

Gotcha, np. I can see it being heavily discounted in the run up to the busy Christmas release schedule. I am still tempted to get the PC edition now though, can get it for a nudge under £25... hmmm

Guest jasondonervan

Just getting stuck into shadow of mordor, i like. the combat feels just like the batman games but with swords and murder, which is a good thing.

Dem executions doe, visceral as you like

Game runs like butter, even when you're crowded and it's all kicking off. There is a bit of 'mash X to win', but there is depth in the combat system which allows for stylish flourishes rather than just 'stab stab STAB' on repeat

Guest bitroast

Yeah, that's why fanboys are blind to the fact that every game after MSG1 is unplayable, nonsensical garbage.

i enjoy MGS2-4. most of it was enjoyment coming from continuing the crazy story and seeing where the games went next.

it was like reading some crazy unpredictable comic series that borders on ridiculous but great and ridiculous but kinda stupid. and it was fun. kind of like frank miller's sporadic crazy output?

i've only played the MGS games once and keep feeling like wanting to play through them again but can never get around to it, so you may be onto something, but at the same time i really enjoyed MGS1-4 (yes, even fan service heavy 4!!) so i don't know if i 100% agree.

i tried replaying the series a few times and starting with twin snakes on the gamecube but that game is horrible...

it has MGS2 style controls and mechanics but dumped on MGS1 layout levels and the whole thing feels like a bit of a weird un-enjoyable mutation. plus the cutscenes have been robbed of all substance... i kept trying to enjoy the game and beat it properly but i think I'm coming to terms with twin snakes definitely being a mediocre game..

Gotcha, np. I can see it being heavily discounted in the run up to the busy Christmas release schedule. I am still tempted to get the PC edition now though, can get it for a nudge under £25... hmmm

just ordered ps3 version on ebay for 29,99 + 3 £ postage

Edited by arvy Ictal

mgs2 is awesome and the story actually makes way more sense now than it did when it came out.

thinking of getting a ps4 this year and the new COD to go along w/the free ps+ games i've been hoarding and hopefully they'll release nidhogg and samurai gunn before the end of the year. really miss good local multiplayer.