IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I'm hopeful. And I'm sure Sony will drop the price on the Pro with $50 - plus, they're probably brewing up a Pro 2.0.

I'm not expecting much from Sony, tbh.

A price drop on the Pro? Doubtful, although it would be a nice dig at Microsoft and the XBONEX - LOL, sounds like some male enhancement pill!

"Last longer with XBONEX, from the makers of StifferUpper" :dadjoke:

i thought Xbox looked pretty good in their conference. tons of games shown, hopefully some of them actually get released. i remember thinking they looked pretty good when they announced XB1 but most of those games still haven't came out!

i still don't have a current gen console but i've recently brought Forza Motorsport 4 on xb360 which is very, very nice and super satisfying to play.

i thought Xbox looked pretty good in their conference. tons of games shown, hopefully some of them actually get released. i remember thinking they looked pretty good when they announced XB1 but most of those games still haven't came out!

i still don't have a current gen console but i've recently brought Forza Motorsport 4 on xb360 which is very, very nice and super satisfying to play.

At this point as a gamer, you really are spoilt for choice in regards to what current-gen platform is best for you - some might look at that negatively, since there is PC, XBOX, Playstation, and Nintendo. It really boils down to which platform has the most of the kinds of games you like to play.

Previously, PC gaming was the realm of the RTS and FPS genres, but now with Steam and a surge of indie developers, many games previously that were console or platform-only titles now comfortably exist on many platforms, PC being no exception.

lolwut, maybe they're trying to cash in on the mini nes trend, maybe they're mad. Nobody likes Atari anymore.

i imagine we'll know something by the time blade runner releases. 

re: xboxobx, if it'd let me play run win10 and play my steam collection at 1080/60fps i'd be in. none of the xbox exclusives have ever enticed me to enter that ecosystem. hoping for some death stranding/ffvii news at sony's presentation tonite but not holding my breath.

I'm still heartbroken that I finished the Witcher 3 and its expansions, so I'm playing the second game again and siding with the blue stripes (played through the Iorveth line last time).

Just finished Mass Effect Andromeda, really really terrible. Thought maybe it but would get better, but no, just as it started picking up it was game over man. It's impressive how badly they managed to fuck this up.

re: xboxobx, if it'd let me play run win10 and play my steam collection at 1080/60fps i'd be in. none of the xbox exclusives have ever enticed me to enter that ecosystem. hoping for some death stranding/ffvii news at sony's presentation tonite but not holding my breath.

Kojima has stated there will be no Death Standing at e3, so not holding your breath was wise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-06-11/kojima-productions-wont-show-death-stranding-game-at-e3/.117318

I'm really enjoying Deus Ex: MD right now. 

Seems to have optimization issues or something though.

I far exceed the recommended requirements including having a 1080TI Founders Edition but can't max all the settings. Have to play 1 step lower than 4k and turn off contact hardening shadows otherwise I get like 10fps.

With those two changes I get 60fps easy. =/

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I far exceed the recommended requirements including having a 1080TI Founders Edition but can't max all the settings. Have to play 1 step lower than 4k and turn off contact hardening shadows otherwise I get like 10fps.

bonkers pc. 4k tv or monitor?

bonkers pc. 4k tv or monitor?

4K Monitor, 30".

Good vidja card, i7-7700k, all solid state hard drives, etc. 

I've read a lot of people have the same issue. Here was Eidos' official statement on it - http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190749

Funny thing is, even when it's having performance issues, my GPU is only under 40% load and only using 5.7/11gb video memory.

Don't get me wrong, it still looks really good with those few settings off. =P

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

^ Haven't played DX: MD since last September. It's not bad, but I still prefer HR.

And I thought Prey would be my only PC game purchase this year until today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZwU5Xil0sA

This XCOM 2 expansion I'm kinda iffy about, just because of the fantasy-like direction it's going. But I feel the need to keep an open mind at the same time. Will likely still give it a go.

And Wolf 2 I definitely plan on buying. Partly because I get the impression that it's a middle finger towards Trumpism, in a symbolic sense.

Edited by ambermonk

I think Prey is next on my list for PC games!

Wolfenstein looks good, hope it's not plagued with issues like the last one (that ID tech5 engine was terrible?!)

I think Prey is next on my list for PC games!

Wolfenstein looks good, hope it's not plagued with issues like the last one (that ID tech5 engine was terrible?!)

The last one worked well enough for me. But I think there were some occasional jitters with the ragdoll physics. I'm guessing this next one will run on Id Tech 6, same engine as Doom 2016.

Yeah, give Prey a go some time if you haven't already, especially if you enjoyed any of the "Shock" games.

My main issue with the last wolfenstein was texture popping, but I was able to fix it by fiddling with some registry and dev console stuff. 

Stoked to play Prey, probably not for another month or so until I can finish Deus Ex but yeah! 

bang bang

This is pretty out there, building a ship onto your controller, both PS4 and Switch support it.

I think the 'enhanced toys' market is finally dying down... Skylanders and Amiibo aren't selling as well (although the Zelda Amiibo go for big $$$ still) and this looks silly.

prey is much better than the new deus ex

it is very reminiscent of System shock 2 in a good way

i quite like the look of that new ubisoft pirate game, especially cause it sounds like it might have the sea-shanties that AC black flag had (which was easily the best part about that game)

So this actually exists

It's 'existed' for quite awhile now... whether it actually sees release is altogether another matter.

Well, the teaser trailer existed but no one ever saw actual footage and the secrecy became vaporware. We'll see when it ever gets released.