IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

21 hours ago, LooseLink said:

Apparently btw, GTA6 was meant to break the internet.... I've been on the internet the past few days, and its still fine.... I'm still able to log on and that....

Yeah no matter how hard they try, Rockstar will never top WATMM's server migration

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GORDO said:

Played and completed cocoon, pretty cool, not too hard, wish it was longer.

I did something different in the last level which is not shown in the walkthroughs I found on YouTube and got lost. I should try to finish it sometimes 

currently still playing the epic bonus content of Mario Wonder and really happy with how well the Outer Wilds port plays on switch. They are even showing the water drops on the glass of your space suit and everything looks pretty much exactly like it did on pc while keeping a very constant normal framerate 

21 minutes ago, usagi said:

fun is a Half-Life game that isn't gated behind expensive, clunky VR, Gabe. fuck.

Its not gated if you are a billionaire :cisfor: 

Played Half-Life Alyx at a friends place but felt motion sick after about 2 hours in so I had to stop for the day as the motion sickness did not went away. I also felt I couldn't stand the horror scenes even though they looked exactly like in Half Life 2. But the VR horror was to immersive for me. 

Edited by o00o

4 hours ago, cloud capture said:

Well he ain't wrong. Escapism, but one that leads to a sort of discovery. We have to come back to reality eventually yeah? Its a form of storytelling in the end. Why are we playing it, and in the end you know why, most of the time. Half-Life 1 was lucky since it was focused in a certain local. And you didn't know what was going on, it drives you to find the meaning of it.

Edited by LooseLink

I beat Alan Wake 2. The game was awesome. A lot of creativity.

I bought a bunch of indie games from the PS Store (there was a sale, and I had some credits): Tunic, The Talos Principle 2, Chants of Sennaar, Cocoon, and Jusant. They'll keep me busy for a while. I started Tunic today.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 10:35 PM, o00o said:

people are already starting to build the map by footage from the GTA6 trailer: 

They've been building that up since the "leaks". Kinda expected it to be twice the size at least for how long they took to make it.

I'm going to say one thing about GTA6, that honestly has me interested.... BUT, I hope we still have the Rockstar of old for this, not a current woke version, cause if they are going to do what I think they are going to do, its about to get interesting....

So now we have two protagonists, male and female, a "Bonnie and Clyde" thing y'know. They need to work together, "Trust..." as was said in the trailer. So I'm guessing you swap between the two, similar to GTA5 with the three protagonists.... to do what you need to do, they both have individual missions to do as well etc.

But... this is GTA remember...... and what's always been a pillar of GTA? Choice.

So, two progatags, male and female, you can swap between each, and you'll notice they do their own thing, their own missions, then they come back together in the cutscenes.... "Trust..." Relationship, we stick together, etc.

Well, oops, this is GTA, what if, for example, Lucia and Jason need to set up a drug empire, or they "need to cook".... ok, well then, you swap characters, anddd then Lucia sucks off this crime boss over here, but to get something going though.... but it was for the benefit for both Lucia and Jason!!!.... but she cheated though.... you see where I am going? Jason may have to be in a similar situation separately, but he did for the betterment of the relationship.... but he still cheated on her.... and that affects how the rest of GTA6 plays out.

If I was director at Rockstar, that's exactly where I would go, the Rockstar of old would definitely go there, and I hope they do, because that would make GTA6 interesting.

• Like 1

Just got Alan Wake 1, Dave the diver and Bioshock Infinite for switch. Alan Wake runs really smooth and is a brilliant game. Bioshock is still installing.

Dave the diver does a great job taking you by the hand and giving you all kinds of interesting fun challenges and mini games from the start and follows a similar loop like Diablo where you grind your stuff (fish) in an action game and then use it later as supplies 

7 hours ago, LooseLink said:

So, two progatags, male and female, you can swap between each, and you'll notice they do their own thing, their own missions, then they come back together in the cutscenes.... "Trust..." Relationship, we stick together, etc.

Well, oops, this is GTA, what if, for example, Lucia and Jason need to set up a drug empire, or they "need to cook".... ok, well then, you swap characters, anddd then Lucia sucks off this crime boss over here, but to get something going though.... but it was for the benefit for both Lucia and Jason!!!.... but she cheated though.... you see where I am going? Jason may have to be in a similar situation separately, but he did for the betterment of the relationship.... but he still cheated on her.... and that affects how the rest of GTA6 plays out

Yeah makes sense - I wonder if they are even going to introduce more characters. But the core story makes sense like this 

12 hours ago, o00o said:

Yeah makes sense - I wonder if they are even going to introduce more characters. But the core story makes sense like this 

One thing that supports that, is apparently according to rumors Jason is an undercover cop, so the story would hint and nudge you to cheat abit, if that's true. Maybe there's something about Lucia we don't know either, what her crime really was, maybe the game never really tells you, and as Jason you got to find that out.

Also maybe that third character, if there was one, ends up being either Lucia's or Jason's secret lover 🙂 Fernando Martinez! OOOOO that sly dog 😄 .... But anyway you got to play as the other character and fish that out of them and find that out throughout the game. Maybe the third character could be anyone, maybe that gay Mexican guy El Burro from GTA3 ends up being Jason's secret lover 🙂 "But Lucia, BABE, Daddy El Burro brings the best coke from Liberty City" "But Jason babe I had the best connections here..." etc etc.

That would make GTA6 awesome to play through, compared to some woke version, were Jason ends up being an absolute prick, and its up to strong woman Lucia to finish him, no, this is GTA, multiple endings, and we should choose how the story ends, as it has been in previous GTAs. 

Also, I got a feeling Max Payne 4 is about to happen, just rotoscope and capture Sam Lake's likeness this time, since we all still here, why the hell not?:

Being a strong woman ending a relationship with an arsehole isn't being woke FFS.

Anyway I am playing Risk of Rain Return. Forgot how hard it was (or, how bad I was at this game). I am however having a hard time going through the game, because I think it is quite woke (mostly because some characters are actually women ???? With crossbows ???? also : rainbow colored monsters.....give me my 15$ back Nintendo pls)

• Facepalm 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:56 PM, Stock said:

Being a strong woman ending a relationship with an arsehole isn't being woke FFS.

THAT kinda stinks of wokeness, sorry, but again, I am hoping Rockstar won't do that, and give us a..... CHOICE, how many damn times do I have to say it?...

You didn't read my message properly, again I said CHOICE, what I meant was, if the be all end all ending of GTA6 then is a Strong Women rises up against the man, eww etc... well not quite, since this is GTA, and now when you have a Bonnie And Clyde situation, that equals....... CHOICE to the player. Either you can end a relationship with an arsehole woman, Or, an arsehole man. Again, CHOICE!

I can see why Rockstar took so long to release this, damn...

• Facepalm 1

Bioshock Infinite on Switch is really confusing. You never know where new enemies are actually located until they stand right in front of you and even tho they have arrows pointing the way these sometimes do not work and its really easy to just wander around in a lifeless prop like location setting because you just do not find the current hotspot where the enemies are spawning or you have to trigger a certain event to make the story continue. Its also a shame they do not support gyro aiming especially when sniping. 

This whole situation makes the whole game feel more like a collection of beautiful props you walk around in than a real game. I guess the PC version might be better as they are able to calculate more  stuff at the same time but I then I could just be playing a game that is state of the art. I still remember to not like the other 2 Bioshock games because of the bad game flow and getting lost often so that might not be switch related

Edited by o00o

On 12/17/2023 at 12:23 PM, LooseLink said:

Also, I got a feeling Max Payne 4 is about to happen, just rotoscope and capture Sam Lake's likeness this time, since we all still here, why the hell not?:

The voice of Max Payne, James McCaffery, just past away, if there is going to be a Max Payne 4 now, he needs to be a mute, out of respect, RIP. 

Edited by LooseLink

On 12/18/2023 at 7:00 AM, onecaseman said:

Been playing through Tunic. I was cruising through it, then faced a huge difficulty spike in facing the Boss Scavenger. Took like two hours of trying to beat him.

Yes!! This one was awful to beat. When I played it I really did not expect Tunic to give me souls-like boss battles haha

• Like 1

This needs to be re-created in GTA6, as a random encounter side mission thing (if you played GTA5, you'd know what I mean), and this random blind guy shows up while you're playing and asks for something non-related to wherever you are...... how did he make to the beach???... 

Played and beat Inscryption. It's... an experience. I think the first act was my favorite, kinda dragged on by the end but pretty cool overall.

New game+ update supposedly live on Alan wake 2. That's probably next

Edited by GORDO