IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

there's a new Metro game. and it's VR. wtf

also Ghost Story Games, Ken Levine's studio post-Bioshock, has been putting out trailers for its first offering, at last. it's still over a year away but it gives instant Bioshock Infinite vibes, feels like a straight spiritual continuation.

• Like 1

I didn't like the controls of Jusant, so I switched to Chants of Sennaar. I really liked it. You have to learn the language of all the peoples in the game.

There aren't many interesting games coming out this year, so I should clear my backlog pretty easily.

I didn’t like hollow knight for a long time. I thought of it as a bad copy of inside or a dull version of ori but I gave it another chance and as soon as I started understanding the mechanics I really started to like it. There is also a second part nearly finished so I like it even more as a preparation for this. 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:57 PM, onecaseman said:

There are two separate levels in Dishonored 2 that are absolutely peak video game design.

the Dust District mission

Pacha Edits / When The Sun Hits That Ridge Just Right | Know ...

also just remembered that there's NG+ and whole other protagonist to play with.

this sort of thing is the best of video gaming to me.

I started Humanity, a puzzle game on PS Plus. I just beat the first section. It's definitely well designed, but hasn't grabbed me yet.

Got the R36S some weeks ago as I was annoyed of the lack of certain retro games on switch I care a lot like Super Mario Land, Skate or Die, Duck Tales, Qix, Ballon Kid etc etc. I am very happy with the screen size (no black borders) and the amount of emulators available. A few years ago these handhelds did cost over 200.

R36S comes with Ark Os which can emulate around 20 systems

there is also another one for 200 that can emulate SP, PS1 PS2, GameCube, Dreamcast, N64, MAME, Sega Genesis, SNES... and many more but I will wait a bit on this. 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

Still working through the witness. Didn't give up or look stuff up this time. Thought I was nearly done, turns out there's more. Haven't found enlightenment yet.

Also this game just came out that i was keeping an eye on, might check it out:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GORDO said:

Still working through the witness. Didn't give up or look stuff up this time. Thought I was nearly done, turns out there's more. Haven't found enlightenment yet.

Also this game just came out that i was keeping an eye on, might check it out:

Ultros looks really nice would be a perfect switch release but I guess the switch releases are mostly over. At least it’s available for mac as well

Just found out about all these great NEOGEO games I had no idea existed:

this a retrogamers dream. They all run on the r36s as well

On 2/12/2024 at 10:27 AM, o00o said:

Got the R36S some weeks ago as I was annoyed of the lack of certain retro games on switch I care a lot like Super Mario Land, Skate or Die, Duck Tales, Qix, Ballon Kid etc etc. I am very happy with the screen size (no black borders) and the amount of emulators available. A few years ago these handhelds did cost over 200.

R36S comes with Ark Os which can emulate around 20 systems

there is also another one for 200 that can emulate SP, PS1 PS2, GameCube, Dreamcast, N64, MAME, Sega Genesis, SNES... and many more but I will wait a bit on this. 

believe it or not, first time i looked at emulation of old consoles was 1997.

at that time, a couple of emulators had the very beginnings of SNES working. but only just. gameboy you could do, no problem for example.

i recently bought an anbernic 35XX H.

i imagined all the trouble would have gone, but games seem to randomly fail in random ways, on machines not that more complicated or newer than the SNES.

anyway, it's good in principal. but i was reminded of the other factor in emulators, and that's the oddly hollow feeling of having so much that can be played, and so little genuine reason to do so for the vast majority of it, and looking for the other stuff is hard work.

it kind of all really needs to be experienced as new, and lived through.

and if you really must, a switch that's hacked can cope with so much more. a good time to buy one, rather than a smaller less powerful, cheap thing like these retro things.

Edited by logboy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, logboy said:

switch that's hacked can cope with so much more. a good time to buy one, rather than a smaller less powerful, cheap thing like these retro things

that's actually very true didn't want to jailbreak my switch oled but maybe I should have. 

4 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Started The Talos Principle II. Not what I expected so far, but it's pretty early.

it looks like a more complex version of portal from the trailers 

Nah, I got the anbernic 35xx plus, waiting eagerly for a well performing custom firmware (batocera/koriki). The factory firmware is a bit shit visually (especially for browsing the library), but I've still been having a very good time playing old stuff on it. Look into a curated romset instead of an endless sea of games, if you feel overwhelmed. Tiny Best Set is nice. The winning thing for me is the small form factor, pop it in my pocket and play whenever and wherever I get the urge. The switch is way too bulky for anything of the sort imo.

spacer.pngvs spacer.png

Edited by Silent Member
These are not my hands
  • Like 1

finished my first run-through of Dishonored 2. fucking beautiful game. when Arkane's experiments in pushing game design forward work, they really work. that mission in Stilton's mansion with the ability to switch timelines is mind-bendingly awesome, in the same way that Mooncrash's recursive gameplay is. I picked Corvo and went for a totally non-lethal stealthy approach. now to play as Emily and just murder everyone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cloud capture said:

A new souls-like isometric arpg from the ppl who made Ori:

I'm interdasted.