IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

10 hours ago, YEK said:

Prince of Persia is supposed to be good, I wonder how it will run on the switch. Hopefully 60fps

There is a demo available 

just finished the demo. It has a high frame rate and reminds me a lot of ori or dead cells but with a very straight forward level design (so far). 

Edited by o00o

4 hours ago, o00o said:

just finished the demo. It has a high frame rate and reminds me a lot of ori or dead cells but with a very straight forward level design (so far). 

I’ll have to check it out then. I just picked up Sonic Superstars on sale.  

Horizon Forbidden West is also getting a PC release scheduled early 2024. going to try this with my shadow cloud pc 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 9:59 AM, o00o said:

digital foundry review compares the frame rates.

iirc, it’s been designed to not be too taxing, so it’s very consistent across platforms?

https://youtu.be/Juhb32ZEu5c?si=B0lskLhpC73isV2d

Edited by logboy
  • Like 2

So I've been slowly, carefully replaying Alan Wake 2, with the new new game + (the final draft) mode, it was a perfect excuse go over again and 100% it. Turns out the ng+ mode is glitched and it is impossible to get everything in some scenarios, so ill probably quit until i hear of a patch thay fixes this. Not gonna go over a third time.

Word of warning if this was your plan too, if you wanna 100% dont use a final draft playthrough.

Edited by GORDO

On 1/22/2024 at 8:43 PM, logakght said:

Disco Elysium.

Fuck yeah bratan. I've been playing it again recently and god do I love this game. Revachol reaching out to you through Shivers, the lady with the glowing lungs, gifting her a toy soldier, anodic dance music and the search for cryptids, a broken up world with heartbroken cop in it, agh it made my hair stand up so many times. Going through similar feelings as wanting to call someone still entwined in your little heart fibers but them being in a totally different reality now broke me a little bit. But it also put me back together in a better way right after.
Really bummed out about the publisher drama, a continuation of this world would probably make me more excited than any other game nowadays. We need more Tequila Sunset in our lives. Oh and communism. 0.0001% has been built :biggrin:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Looking to play a Nier game since they're cheap now, which would you people recommend?

nier goty.jpg

nier replicant.jpg

Only played Automata and got all the main endings. Don't think you need to play Replicant to understand it. It's a cool game, with  decent amount of repetition to get to all new content. So just be prepared for that.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Looking to play a Nier game since they're cheap now, which would you people recommend?

nier goty.jpg

nier replicant.jpg

Automata for sure, it's really great. 

• Thanks 1

prince of persia - this vaguely attempts to do the cyclical narrative of a main character tested to the point of repeated death, a cycle you must ultimately break free from. promotional interviews appear to go heavy on an anime influence being central; there are rare(ish) action shots which are very dynamic and make the rest of the visuals looks ordinary, but it doesn't feel anime overall. however, this is something of an exercise in nostalgia. it's very much like a PS2 game, or a modern nostalgic take on that era - apparently, specifically the original 'god of war' games, which are pilfered for so many ideas here that it's quite baffling that it doesn't appear to have been mentioned, called-out. it includes numerous moves and actions, as well as the mood and small-scale environments that try to represent something far bigger. it is an interesting, though oddly quite ordinary, action adventure that gets quite sprawling. it's pretty acceptable, but bland compared to things like 'dead cells' or 'hades', but spends a far larger budget in order to achieve it.

• Like 1

I haven't played much Megaman games in the past and I'm trying to play one of the Megaman X collections on Switch and I fucking suuuuuuuuuuck at it :catsuicide:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zkom said:

I haven't played much Megaman games in the past and I'm trying to play one of the Megaman X collections on Switch and I fucking suuuuuuuuuuck at it :catsuicide:

The later ones are even harder than the early ones 

• Sad 1

So YouTube put me in a Jonathan Blow rabbit hole so I'm giving The Witness another shot, maybe I'll reach enlightenment.

Also looking forward to the braid anniversary edition.

I finished Nier Automata last week and moved on to Dishonored 2. can't believe I waited so long. it's everything I loved about the first one but 10x. hall-of-famer material.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, Nebraska said:

If you are into this you may want to look into FPGA stuff, they basically accurately reproduce the original hardware with magical (to me) programmable CPUs. There's Analogue who have done Nintendo stuff, and the even cooler open source MISTer project than can do multiple consoles at the same time and even old systems like the commodore 64 and stuff.

8 hours ago, usagi said:

I finished Nier Automata last week and moved on to Dishonored 2. can't believe I waited so long. it's everything I loved about the first one but 10x. hall-of-famer material.

There are two separate levels in Dishonored 2 that are absolutely peak video game design. It's been weird to watch the studio go downhill after this. I loved Prey overall, but it won on better atmosphere, storytelling, and enemy design. And Deathloop's visual style, music, and acting was top notch, but level and enemy design were not near as good as Dishonored 2 and Prey. And then they followed Deathloop with one of the worst releases of the year.

51 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

There are two separate levels in Dishonored 2 that are absolutely peak video game design. It's been weird to watch the studio go downhill after this. I loved Prey overall, but it won on better atmosphere, storytelling, and enemy design. And Deathloop's visual style, music, and acting was top notch, but level and enemy design were not near as good as Dishonored 2 and Prey. And then they followed Deathloop with one of the worst releases of the year.

yeah, I hope they recover from the weird mess that is Redfall. I liked Prey a lot. Deathloop I haven't had a go at yet.

2 hours ago, BlockUser said:

1xp.png.8214081a8c1a6f38cc595083495af4f6.png

2 weeks ago I caught a nasty virus infection and spent that weekend with a cheeky high Charisma / low Wisdom thief in Baldur's Gate II, good fun.

is it still worth playing? I was going back and forth on buying it for the switch but at the end decided not to which might have been a mistake. 

8 hours ago, o00o said:

is it still worth playing?

I saw it on gog for €3 or something and just thought "why not?" Hadn't played it since 2003. It's based on AD&D 2 rules which can be a bit of a headache. If you like companions with character then you might enjoy it.

Edit: Playing anything but a good aligned character seems to require metagaming, but I never play dickheads in rpgs anyway.

Edited by BlockUser