IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Nearing the end of Baldur's Gate 3, my strategy for a while now has been to fill my party with druids and other spellcasters, summon every possible summon, and buff the whole team with aid and longstrider. Combat takes a while with 20+ units on the team but it's so much fun. And it's just so ridiculous walking down the city streets with this massive army of freaks.

• Like 4

I beat Tunic. I was skeptical going in, but it's a pretty good game. I didn't do the full ending because that's pretty crazy with frustrating sleuthing.

I just started Cocoon. It's a new game from two of the designers that did Limbo/Inside. It's pretty good so far.

• Like 2

I beat Cocoon. It's a perfectly find puzzle game, but it just didn't feel special to me. 

Gonna take a break, then either jump into Pikmin 4 or The Talos Principle 2.

4 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

I beat Cocoon. It's a perfectly find puzzle game, but it just didn't feel special to me. 

Gonna take a break, then either jump into Pikmin 4 or The Talos Principle 2.

I liked cocoon. Short and sweet. Talos 2 is.. ok. I still haven't beat it, but I've unlocked the final area. The puzzles are decent, but it's a baffling game for a few reasons. The environments are incredibly expansive and detailed, even the indoor ones, but are somehow devoid of very little reason to interact with the, so it's a lot of running to the next place.  I also feel like the narration and story is a bit heavy handed and I feel very detached and disinterested in it even though it shoves it in your face. The new mechanics are cool, but I haven't been super amazed by the puzzles like I was in the first game and DLC. I'm going through and doing the stuff I missed, as those puzzles are a little bit more interesting/difficult.

18 minutes ago, Bubba69 said:

I liked cocoon. Short and sweet. Talos 2 is.. ok. I still haven't beat it, but I've unlocked the final area. The puzzles are decent, but it's a baffling game for a few reasons. The environments are incredibly expansive and detailed, even the indoor ones, but are somehow devoid of very little reason to interact with the, so it's a lot of running to the next place.  I also feel like the narration and story is a bit heavy handed and I feel very detached and disinterested in it even though it shoves it in your face. The new mechanics are cool, but I haven't been super amazed by the puzzles like I was in the first game and DLC. I'm going through and doing the stuff I missed, as those puzzles are a little bit more interesting/difficult.

That's a bummer. I loved the first and the narrative of it too. I never played the DLC though.

1 hour ago, onecaseman said:

That's a bummer. I loved the first and the narrative of it too. I never played the DLC though.

I still think it's worth playing, especially if you like the narrative aspects. Theres a lot of people who really like it, and I'm enjoying the puzzles quite a lot.

carrion.

tables turned. giant alien beast puzzler, moving around building and tunnels. relies upon eating people to grow and regain health. quite effective, a little hard to control at times, not always clearly understandable, but nicely produced on the whole.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:03 AM, logboy said:

carrion.

tables turned. giant alien beast puzzler, moving around building and tunnels. relies upon eating people to grow and regain health. quite effective, a little hard to control at times, not always clearly understandable, but nicely produced on the whole.

I was playing this then got lost, took a break and didn't come back to it. Id have to start over now. Its cool.

On 1/1/2024 at 10:21 PM, Bubba69 said:

I still think it's worth playing, especially if you like the narrative aspects. Theres a lot of people who really like it, and I'm enjoying the puzzles quite a lot.

Theres DLC? 

I liked the "vibe" and the puzzle mechanics, although it wasn't too hard - I found that i could brute force most of the ones i got stuck, some I even solved without knowing exactly why it worked.

7 hours ago, GORDO said:

Theres DLC? 

The first game has DLC, Road to Gehenna. It's really good. I think Talos 2 will eventually get DLC with harder puzzles eventually, the devs have hinted at it.

WATMM Exclusive: the next iD Software game is:

KEEN.png

... all jokes aside, if y'all over there are working on a new "Keen"......... don't reboot him, enough with the reboots, Doom (2016) still makes me mad sometimes... I think it's time, for:

COMMANDER KEEN: THE UNIVERSE IS TOAST! 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 11:55 PM, GORDO said:

I was playing this then got lost, took a break and didn't come back to it. Id have to start over now. Its cool.

Yeah had the same experience.

looking forward to Switch 2 and Prince of Persia.

anyone using boosteroid cloud gaming? It was really good but now you have to wait around 30-50minutes until you can play your game and even then it sometimes does not work and you have to restart the countdown which makes me consider boosteroid completely broken right now. Had to switch to the much more expensive shadow gaming to solve the problem. Maybe I will invest more time to find a boosteroid alternative as you don’t have to wait for steam games to finish installing and can play instantly. The performance of the stream was also better. 

31 minutes ago, logakght said:

late stage capitalism at its finest...

lest not forget they also doubled up on that capitalism with the 2600+ and (allegedly) have an 800 model coming next

• Like 1

12 hours ago, o00o said:

Yeah had the same experience.

looking forward to Switch 2 and Prince of Persia.

Prince of Persia is supposed to be good, I wonder how it will run on the switch. Hopefully 60fps