IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Man, I am 3 days away from signing a lease in a new apartment.

Not being able to preorder an album from my favorite music people has been... well, just a slight inconvenience, really.

my 2 cents on JR and ae.

Best Autechre release yet. That's all I'm saying.

that's objectively impossible, their back catalog is just too strong. I'm busting you both for wanton hyperbole.

Well, played, Sir.

No, seriously. This takes a huge, massive dump on Oversteps and especially Quatis-whateverthefuckitscalled. Best AE since Amber and LP5. AE fans will be deliriously happy with how dense and well-crafted these tracks are.

And this is, without a doubt, the first AE album (I think) sounds just as good through a pair of headphones as it does on a good hi-fi system with decent speakers.

This is very exaiting. I definitely respect Oversteps. I understood it. It was incredible. But I didn't really "like" it. Quaristice was really shitty actually.

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

I don't have a leak. this was actually a nice surprise that arrived in my inbox the other day.

>>that's awesome to hear, as i remember, you are not a huge fan of ae right joyrex?

Yes, that's right - after EP7 and then Cornhole, I really lost the AE faith in the direction they were taking their sound. Daft Derp-30 and Quarter-sized didn't give me much hope of AE ever returning to their old sound, and then Oversteps and Move of Ten renewed my AE faith.

I consider AE akin to a foreign cuisine; sometimes hard to swallow and unapproachable, but every now and then you try something that knocks your socks off and you can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong; I greatly respect them for doing their own thing, but if I don't like it, I simply don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I am very, very pleased with Exai and cannot wait to purchase the digital versions when they are released, despite having access to them already. I try and support the artists as much as I can.

but what about untelturd????

so yeah i actually have nothing to say i just realized. carry on. I'll just go crank it in the corner. bye

Is it normal to feel a strange tingly sensation when one finds oneself agreeing with Joyrex?

Edited by dr lopez

Guest RandySicko

I think I'm checking this thread more out of habit and muscle memory than actual willingness. Sucks having such a compulsion while working right next to (with) a computer

I can't stop

Edited by RandySicko

I think I'm checking this thread more out of habit and muscle memory than actual willingness. Sucks having such a compulsion while working right next to (with) a computer

I can't stop

Same here.

++

caught a flu last night, feeling well shite, if it leaks soon, should i listen to it in a feverish state or wait until the noodle stops pounding....? life-altering decisions

my 2 cents on JR and ae.

Best Autechre release yet. That's all I'm saying.

that's objectively impossible, their back catalog is just too strong. I'm busting you both for wanton hyperbole.

Well, played, Sir.

No, seriously. This takes a huge, massive dump on Oversteps and especially Quatis-whateverthefuckitscalled. Best AE since Amber and LP5. AE fans will be deliriously happy with how dense and well-crafted these tracks are.

And this is, without a doubt, the first AE album (I think) sounds just as good through a pair of headphones as it does on a good hi-fi system with decent speakers.

This is very exaiting. I definitely respect Oversteps. I understood it. It was incredible. But I didn't really "like" it. Quaristice was really shitty actually.

>

In the autechre universe, this is as close to coming out of the closet with respect to having a leak as humanly possible.

Hey master J., what's your warn status?

I don't have a leak. this was actually a nice surprise that arrived in my inbox the other day.

>>>that's awesome to hear, as i remember, you are not a huge fan of ae right joyrex?

Yes, that's right - after EP7 and then Cornhole, I really lost the AE faith in the direction they were taking their sound. Daft Derp-30 and Quarter-sized didn't give me much hope of AE ever returning to their old sound, and then Oversteps and Move of Ten renewed my AE faith.

I consider AE akin to a foreign cuisine; sometimes hard to swallow and unapproachable, but every now and then you try something that knocks your socks off and you can't get enough of it.

Don't get me wrong; I greatly respect them for doing their own thing, but if I don't like it, I simply don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, I am very, very pleased with Exai and cannot wait to purchase the digital versions when they are released, despite having access to them already. I try and support the artists as much as I can.

but what about untelturd????

so yeah i actually have nothing to say i just realized. carry on. I'll just go crank it in the corner. bye

Is it normal to feel a strange tingly sensation when one finds oneself agreeing with Joyrex?

Yeah, Utittied was forgettable, at best. Trust me, after you've listened to Exai the 10th time through (and trust me, you WILL), you'll pretty much forget any other AE release prior to it.

Guest Retosik

Damn, i finally 'got' the point of tuinorizn. I love it now. The beginning looks more like a parody of generic modern electronic tracks.

Exai is gonna be great.