IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Man I really love the ending meldoy in irlite ghetto, where some notes do that fantastic thing where they have a weird tail and your hear cool echos of the tails.

+1 meldoy

• 1 month later...

Just biked in to say: that AAA was an amazing feat. I'm still poring over that spreadsheet version of the thread data: so rich. Thanks again, Sean and Rob!

I mean, one thing I just love about that AAA (aside from the obvious-yet-amazing fact that they answered nearly everything for days and days) is how I'm learning that my favorite artists, whom I've been listening to for ages just because I'm on their artistic wavelength, are a bunch of decent guys, to boot. Just a tiny example, but really revealing nonetheless, is how Rob correctly points out that it's "not funny" when people pick on Moby just because he's older and a skinny vegan. I agree--it's too easy for elitist electronic music fans to pick on Moby (I'm not really a fan, and it used to annoy me in the '90s when people would say "Oh, I like electronic music, too: have you heard of Moby?"), and I'm impressed by how decent these guys are. Unlike douchey rock stars or whatever. Makes me even more proud to be a fan of these guys.

No no, this is perfect. Ae is all about proactive deconstruction. Never conform to threadnaming standards in the AE subforum, plez.

Guest jasondonervan

sorry - got a little creative !

iKgG0YfqnpbyQ.jpg

goddamn

also, Jason where are you in the cover is a crime thread? I need you

On it (later)

I feel I've been neglecting Ae of late, so i came back to Exai tonight just to listen to Fleure. Not skipped one track since. It's hard to explain.

Exai

Using the slightly confusing version of the gig makes more sense in this forum

so you're saying you prefer the 2007 Bloc Untilted set versus the Glasgow Arts School one? :w00t: