IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

A record store in my town has a vinyl copy of Exai, they're solding it for almost 60€ but it's really tempting...Maybe I could finally spin this album a little more - I never really listened to it intensively like I did with other Ae albums :shrug:

you're missing out dude, trust

A record store in my town has a vinyl copy of Exai, they're solding it for almost 60€ but it's really tempting...Maybe I could finally spin this album a little more - I never really listened to it intensively like I did with other Ae albums :shrug:

do it!!

Yeah, just listened to my vinyl copy again yesterday: that box is a lovely beast, and the tunes are killer good. It's tied as my favorite Ae release (along with LP5).

Waou, almost 2 years it's out... Still sounds so fresh ! Cloudline is da funky twist

Cloudline is really really really good. One of the best on the album, no doubt. It somehow manages to sound like lo-fi from 20 years in the future.

And to think, we should have another LP this year, perhaps sooner rather than later. Can't wait to hear where they go with it.

Yeah, big hopes on new bits to come in 2015...

(New LP... or Live boxset maybe ?)

I'm raedy !

LP around march/april.

source: booth.

If it's not delayed, of course. If it stays on track for then, we should get some kind of announcement pretty damned soon...

Sent using magic space waves

I'm raedy !

LP around march/april.

If it's not delayed, of course. If it stays on track for then, we should get some kind of announcement pretty damned soon...

Meanwhile, in Warp HQ...

"sup steve we have new LP ready when can you release it m8 ?"

"hem guys the problem is...Richard just sent me 24 EPs to release so our schedule is filled up till 2017"

*sound of a man laughing in a tank*

I'm raedy !

LP around march/april.

True, delays can always occur! Let's hope not. March release of this year would be consistent with their release schedule though (every 2 - 3 years).

LIstening to the Krakow set right now (needed a break from 90's AFX heaven), and I realized that I probably shouldn't listen to these recordings of their new sets much more between now and when the new album may come out. In case there's some overlap with the tracks, I don't wanna succumb to that familiarity problem.

But, damn. Krakow is badass. That first track is insane. So many killer moments in the set all around. It's a nice break from Exai/L-Event, cause I've been on that all a fair amount lately.

too much great AE

• 3 weeks later...

I think I finally "got" Exai. My first 2 listens I was not in the right state of mind clearly. (impatient, busy etc.) Finally let this one sink in on a lazy day. Absolutely love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm raedy !

LP around march/april.

True, delays can always occur! Let's hope not. March release of this year would be consistent with their release schedule though (every 2 - 3 years).

March isn't very far away, but given how close the release dates/announcements of Aphex Twin's EP were, maybe there isn't much cause for concern.

sadly, Sean came online recently to debunk the whole "march release" rumor recently. Not sure wtf I was thinking or where I read that it would be march/ish.

Probably just some crossed wires in my brain. I'm IRL brain damaged according to some users. lol

Edited by StephenG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rd1994

sorry for the kinda offtopic post. But I was just curious when I noticed that the cases for L-event and the ones in the EPs box where similar..and it might be something funky that goes on with my slipcase..but in mine I can fit L-event perfectly. Isn't that a strange coincidence?

sorry for the kinda offtopic post. But I was just curious when I noticed that the cases for L-event and the ones in the EPs box where similar..and it might be something funky that goes on with my slipcase..but in mine I can fit L-event perfectly. Isn't that a strange coincidence?

is it a strange coincidence that CDs are 8cm in diameter?

Yes.

Guest rd1994

is it a strange coincidence that CDs are 8cm in diameter?

Yes.

while that might be true, that was not what I was getting at though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Listened to Exai in full on the beach this past weekend. Stunning. The album is a masterpiece. elseq got me back into Autechre after I had dropped them before Quaristice but now I've gone back and bought the interim releases. They're all great but Exai might be my favorite Autechre album (certainly my current favorite).