IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Started listening to X-Eye again for the first time this whole summer. I think.

Recks On is still grab-your-balls wicked. This is a must listen if you're driving alone at night, especially in areas where external light sources are minimal. I doubt most fans like it as much as I do tho.

Edited by ambermonk

whats up with the record of this album costing so much second hand was it only a small production run?

there was only one pressing done of it, and it would appear that it has sold out pretty much everywhere now.

whats up with the record of this album costing so much second hand was it only a small production run?

there was only one pressing done of it, and it would appear that it has sold out pretty much everywhere now.

cant help but lol @ the guy here who complained about the tracklist sticker on the back and tore it off

a nice way to devalue things

Edited by triachus

cant help but lol @ the guy here who complained about the tracklist sticker on the back and tore it off

a nice way to devalue things

that was a definite lol

• 2 weeks later...

well i managed to find it on discogs but whoever the previous owner was took shitty care of the records. The seller listed it as VG+ and I'm not a record rating expert but this shit is shyte. And the sleeves are in crap condition. I even found a smashed lady bug in one of them.

It plays well enough though and that's all I really wanted it for. There's big areas of scratches that I thought I'd hear but didn't make themselves very apparent when listening.

At least it has the back sticker on the box.

sometimes I put this on whilst looking out my window at nothing in particular but definitely with a sense that before my gaze lies an immense and fateful panorama. the music fills me with a deep sense of purpose and profound destiny, as though I am steeped in...wait what? this album rules.

Edited by Alcofribas

most of the syro talk is really boring IMO. iirc we had so much more fun while we were waiting for exai...

(someone's gonna kill me one day and i'm aware of that. syrro!)

new autechre is the best autechre

No question. Exai fucking rocks. Everything about it is excellent. The art (especially the vinyl version) is perfect (fuck the haters), the tunes are great, the length is great (fuck the haters), and even the titles are great. RECKS ON!!

LP5 was my favorite before, but this one takes the cake. Keep it coming, Ae!

most of the syro talk is really boring IMO. iirc we had so much more fun while we were waiting for exai...

(someone's gonna kill me one day and i'm aware of that. syrro!)

Yeah, I basically expressed the same feeling in the Syro thread. I'm sorry to admit that this is true.