IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Also, anyone else noticed/loving the very subtle dying "heartbeat" at the end of bladelores? A beautiful moment. And at the very end of bladelores the super-hidden melody under the noise.

Sounds like a guy singing "all on my own" or something too, very nice ending.

Fleure is underappreciated.

yeah, especially the second half when everything melts down into a pulsating acidy mess = top 5 autechre moment. could listen to whole album just like that.

Edited by jaderpansen

• 4 weeks later...

Exai is the album that keeps on giving.

Yeah, I can't still believe how good Exai is... I'm mean "irlite (get 0)" - come on!!! Is it made by humans? *raises the volume and faints*

bladelores! spl9! YJY UX! (keyosc)!

and then... L-event!

• 5 weeks later...

I know we have L-Event but it would be awesome to have some more Exai sounding tracks released. I'd love some unfinished material 'released', like a cheesy mixtape on DatPiff with Sean & Rob on the cover with some outrageous artwork.

Well if the recent live sets are any indication as to the sound of the next record, it's not far from Exai. And they'd said something about a release early/midway through 2015, so you may not have too long to wait.

I absolutely love vekoS and tac Lacora.

vekoS is such a monster of a track.

when that bass line comes in and all the percussion starts flittering off all over the place at about 1:50. Fuckin class

Edited by misc

I absolutely love vekoS and tac Lacora.

vekoS is such a monster of a track.

when that bass line comes in and all the percussion starts flittering off all over the place at about 1:50. Fuckin class

my fav off the album

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed how little love deco Loc gets. It was an instant favourite for me.

Anyway, glad to have you onboard MIXL2.

All with you, I've played that track and nothing but that track for days in a row. Completely obsessed by it. Probably because it is relatively easy to follow and funky as hell.

deco Loc feels like new ground from ae. It's sound is something I wouldn't associate them with first off, threads of ae definitely, but it's got more of a human feel to it (maybe from the vocal samples) and although the more warmer-funkier notes hit something different for me.

this is such an epic album, I always have to prepare myself before the full 2 hour session

definitely have to be in the right mood for it as well. For me, still one of their best releases so far.

A record store in my town has a vinyl copy of Exai, they're solding it for almost 60€ but it's really tempting...Maybe I could finally spin this album a little more - I never really listened to it intensively like I did with other Ae albums :shrug:

I'm amazed how little love deco Loc gets. It was an instant favourite for me.

Anyway, glad to have you onboard MIXL2.

All with you, I've played that track and nothing but that track for days in a row. Completely obsessed by it. Probably because it is relatively easy to follow and funky as hell.

:music: