IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

i don't know who to be more pissed off at:

tdr for making such shit artwork or rob & sean for saying yes to it.

...still excited for the album, tho!

Looks like they did the right thing.

C'mon guys! It's time for some leaks!

Okay. (urination commences)

On a more serious note, if I've waited for over two years, I can wait another three months. Ae are gonna get my scratch anyway.

So it looks like the 3rd vinyl only has about 3 tracks on it. Should we assume them to be the epic beast tracks? (track 11-13)

Edited by Roo

Spl9 also starts with S like Sublimit & Surripere, so maybe the centrepiece? I get better vibes from runrepik though.

So i'm guessing the start (1st Vinyl) is mainly quaristice/oversteps like, with short-ish tracks. But the middle 50% of the album (or the rest) will be long loud lovely lushness.

So who else is EXAIted about this? :emotawesomepm9:

Damn, that application of the title hadn't even occurred to me before. Well done, sir :beer:

Haha, cheers! :beer:

I was expecting my pun to elicit more of a "fuck you Zephyr" response, so your pun appreciation is much appreciated.

duntrfls could have a double meaning of 'done with true feels' or 'we've done true feels'
i think it's possible the EX might be using it in the same way as an ex-wife, maybe they have parted with AI?

Edited by Awepittance

Damn, that application of the title hadn't even occurred to me before. Well done, sir :beer:

I was expecting my pun to elicit more of a "fuck you Zephyr" response, so your pun appreciation is much appreciated.

fuck you Zephyr

fuck you Zephyr

Yeah, nothing personal Zephyr, but that pun is kinda jazzband by now.

i don't know who to be more pissed off at:

tdr for making such shit artwork or rob & sean for saying yes to it.

...still excited for the album, tho!

Looks like they did the right thing.

trust me, my excitement has absolutely nothing to do with the artwork.

it's a shame because there are a lot of young, less-known artists out there that would kill for the chance to design something for ae and who could make something that would just piss all over this garbage that tdr has been doing. but ae just keeps going with them because they're friends with the guy or whatever.

ae should use a different, unsung artist for each album they do. they would get much better album covers + they would be giving some talented people some exposure they wouldn't get otherwise.

tdr just seems too full of their own masturbatory conceptual nonsense at this point. they're not even trying anymore. time to go with a younger, hungrier artist that actually still gives a shit and wants to make something great.

I agree, it's not that great. The colors are nice. But that's about it. Maybe there's more to it, maybe there isn't. However, I think AE want their covers to be pretty reduced. Tri Repetae only has that solid color cover and it's a brilliant album (then again, there's nice photo-stuff inside). When the cover artwork doesn't point you in a certain direction, your imagination runs wilder and more freely when listening to the music, I guess. I don't think they wanna go Amber again. I like Amber artwork, but I understand their point. What I don't understand is the Oversteps artwork. It sucks way more than this imo and is absolutely unfitting to the music.

Guest Kraldog

I agree, it's not that great. The colors are nice. But that's about it. Maybe there's more to it, maybe there isn't. However, I think AE want their covers to be pretty reduced. Tri Repetae only has that solid color cover and it's a brilliant album (then again, there's nice photo-stuff inside). When the cover artwork doesn't point you in a certain direction, your imagination runs wilder and more freely when listening to the music, I guess. I don't think they wanna go Amber again. I like Amber artwork, but I understand their point. What I don't understand is the Oversteps artwork. It sucks way more than this imo and is absolutely unfitting to the music.

I quite like the oversteps artwork

tdr just seems too full of their own masturbatory conceptual nonsense at this point. they're not even trying anymore. time to go with a younger, hungrier artist that actually still gives a shit and wants to make something great.

Maybe. Design isn't all about just what the flat, digital artwork looks like though. Wait until you have a physical copy in your hands before deciding. From a wanky designer's point of view, the packaging design and even the paper stock choice count as part of the artwork.

I am not at all bothered about the artwork. The important bit is always the music for me. Of course, having nice artwork is always a nice bonus. I don't think this artwork is so horrible as some of you are making it out to be, none of us have even seen how it looks like IRL.

i'm pretty sure gl0tch is already working on a leak :wink:

glOthch, leak me like you never leaked me before!

It's not easy to pull 2 hrs of exlnt new music...this time it's gonna be harder than ever.

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/07_flep.mp3

It's very loud

NIce! Mika Vainio rmx of Tankakern?

And btw...the main cover is nice but those inner sleeves i don't like.

fuck you Zephyr

Fuck you watmm. Fuck you and your jazzbands all to hell.

fuck you Zephyr

Fuck you watmm. Fuck you and your jazzbands all to hell.

Jeez, take it easy. Let's just be happy that we're both overjoyed by the prospect of listening to the album.

Guest bitroast

I wonder if it will sound at all like the japan benefit stuff, or completely different.

I would be pretty happy with Japan benefit style tracks*u*

I wonder if the two discs will have as different a sound from each other as from one of their albums to the next.