Perks of being a wallflower - Good movie, too intense at time, i wasn't emotionally ready for some parts of this movie, i was in a pretty good mood, oh well (i dont think this affected what i think of the movie). 8/10

Argo - oh my god im so happy they got out yeah!!!!!!. Joking aside it was a good movie give it a chance. Only warning i will give you is that Ben Affleck's acting is stiff (capital S and a million exclamation points) 9/10

Edited by Deer

Enter the Void - 8.5/10 - want to give it 9, but somethings stopping me - enjoyed it immensely but perhaps it just over stayed its welcome, over used some of its effects (which on first viewings were amazing, but once repeated start to lose their power), The first hour is great, but starts to slip after that, would have been almost perfect had it been as short and tight as Irreversible.

Really inspiring film making tho, A+ for effort!

enter-the-void.jpg

yep

Watched Sleep Dealer last night. Wow, best thing I've seen in a while. Low-budget with kind of crappy CGI but otherwise it looked great, nice colors and set designs. Some dialog seemed stiff or cheesy but it was in Spanish so it didn't make me cringe.

Great story about globalization, drones, and the human impact of that sort of place-shifting. There was a lot of great symbolism or metaphor in here about this kind of stuff, several layers of it, actually, but it wasn't forced or confusing. The whole thing is just really lean and satisfying, no extra crap, nothing that didn't need to be in there.

I guess my only real criticism is with the dialog, there wasn't a whole lot of humor or great lines, it was all just moving the story along. But as a sci-fi movie it was very solid. Will definitely watch again.

I can't wait to see American sweethearts turned into whorish scum. Another shining example of American "culture" as raped by Harmony.

detachment is literally one of the worst films i've ever seen. definitely the worst of this young decade. nothing can beat lucy liu's breakdown:

[youtubehd]9RDbdKU0qp8[/youtubehd]

embarrassing.

Thank you for this, watched the clip about four times in a row so that I could keep laughing. You are a genius Zaphod. How the fuck did you find and see this piece of shit???

Just accidentally watched Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters, as the movie we were supposed to see was sold out. Entertaining, but not very good. Wasn't bored though, and that's all I required on this Sunday evening.

I can't wait to see American sweethearts turned into whorish scum. Another shining example of American "culture" as raped by Harmony.

Same, it's clearly trying to appeal to people who do like the party all the time dolla dolla bill$$$ lifestyle. And so in that sense the trailer is perfect, especially with music by Skrillex. Whether or not it will execute on revealing the dark side of this culture in a non-heavy handed and entertaining fashion is yet to be seen. But to suggest the movie looks mindless/dumb based on the trailer seems to me to be a redundant critique. Those who know Harmony's work should know this style of marketing / aesthetics is only the vehicle for the real meaty subject matter.

my friend and I have tried to watch almost every Uwe boll movie ever made, we started when we both accidentally saw House of the Dead on TV one night, and the movie actually splices in scenes from the videogame totally randomly. It's amazing.

anyways after seeing the extended 2 minute long full frontal nudity and shitting scene by Dave Foley from Kids in the Hall in Postal i have to admit i'm craving more Boll. Same friend went off without me and saw Blubberella and Rampage. He said Rampage was actually the first Boll film that wasn't absolutely terrible, i have a hard time believing him but apparently it's not a video-game movie (not based on the midway game rampage) but it's about a guy who kills over 100 people in one day. Kinda curious about it, anyone seen it?

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Mirezzi

See, that's just the thing about Tony Kaye. People seem to think American History X was a great movie. It wasn't even good, let alone great. Kaye is a fucking clown. He may have had justifiable reasons for being pissed about the edit of American History X, but editing sure as hell wouldn't have saved that piece of shit.

i've never seen a uwe boll flick. where should i start?

just start with Postal. the movie opens up with a scene inside the cockpit of United 93 on 9/11 where the terrorists decide not to crash the plane or do a suicide bombing, but then the american guys ram the cockpit door down and crash the plane themselves.

this is one of the better scenes from it

Hitchcock: I don't know... Maybe I wasn't prepared to see this one. I thought it was incredebly boring some times, though the thing in this was, just, the Alfred Hitchcock... 7/10