Like amen lare was perhaps suggesting. Zombies were ok until the got rediscovered, it sort of ruined any past fondness you may have had for a genre that didn't consist of many films and those films were two dollars and a roll of duct tape affairs where you kind of just watched for the warm feeling of giving those plucky underdog film makers a go. I fucking hate zombies nowadays, was never my favourite ghoul but god what horrible things to base a film around, make them stop, they just relentlessly keep coming.

I watched sleepaway camp on youtube just then for an holiday time waster, only skimmed past 40% of the content, which isn't bad for me. Still i wouldn't recommend it to anyone that didn't already think that they may give it a go. More a historical document and for the completests as film reviewers but it.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I caught A million ways to die in the west at the drive-ins. Just wasn't funny enough by half. what a turd. didnt hate it but not enough lasts for a comedy. maybe I just don't like macfarlene but I thought I did. now i'm not sure.

Is there a relatively obscure tolerable zombie film out there?

i really enjoyed the video dead

The return of the living dead is great. I also have a soft spot for cemetery man. Oh, brain damage/dead alive is kind of fun if you like slapstick and gore. I guess only one of these is relatively obscure. Edited by Gocab

I second the return of the living dead, PUNK ROCK ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that obscure though....

Shockwave? Mostly entertaining for its horribleness. And Peter Cushing!

Yeah, i was watching that last year, and then a few months later. I was so slaughtered each time i got distracted and still haven't actually finished it.

Thanks for suggestions. The video dead, Shock waves and ...of the Comet are sounding new to me. Cemetery man i heard of, but haven't seen. Since it's by italian author, it could be nice looking. Seems like everything WATMM-approved is based on the ridiculous approach, which is fair.

Like amen lare was perhaps suggesting. Zombies were ok until the got rediscovered, it sort of ruined any past fondness you may have had for a genre that didn't consist of many films and those films were two dollars and a roll of duct tape affairs where you kind of just watched for the warm feeling of giving those plucky underdog film makers a go. I fucking hate zombies nowadays, was never my favourite ghoul but god what horrible things to base a film around, make them stop, they just relentlessly keep coming.

My problem is that fondly remembered old-school Dawn of the dead is often called either best or second best zombie movie all time and i'm like fuck? Such sloppy edited and shot, not in a charming way. Night of the living dead i can live with.

Actually, i searched for best-of lists and predictably there is a large amount of such made. Of the recent ones three flicks caught my attention. Deadgirl for zombie necrophilia concept, Pontypool for zombie outbreak without zombies on screen and norwegian Dead Snow for nazi zombies. Saw last one out of morbid curiousity and it's another ridiculous take to which i'm immune.

my cow orker told me today about a movie he watched about 7 years ago which left a powerful impression on him and which he's been trying to rediscover ever since, having forgotten the name. apparently there were no big-name actors in it. the story was about a bunch of people (approx 20) who find themselves in a large estate/mansion where a Big Brother-type figure orders them over loudspeakers to hunt/kill each other to survive. only one person is able to leave at the end, with a shitload of money. the guy who makes it to the end opens the door to find past winners of the survival contest standing there.

anyone know what this movie is?

my cow orker told me today about a movie he watched about 7 years ago which left a powerful impression on him and which he's been trying to rediscover ever since, having forgotten the name. apparently there were no big-name actors in it. the story was about a bunch of people (approx 20) who find themselves in a large estate/mansion where a Big Brother-type figure orders them over loudspeakers to hunt/kill each other to survive. only one person is able to leave at the end, with a shitload of money. the guy who makes it to the end opens the door to find past winners of the survival contest standing there.

Does the movie take place in a warehouse?

sleepaway_camp.jpg

watched this last night. a 35mm print. the film is a laundry list of political incorrectness. i'm in love with judy. i think that covers it

http://youtu.be/yfZR1Lqjws4

This is unintentionally(?) one of the funniest films of all time.

Sounds like this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280969/

I made the mistake of going to see that with a girl on a first date on the grounds that she liked the show Big Brother.

Night of the Comet is wonderfully stoopid.

this is a great film but not really a zombie movie- more like a last person on earth with like 5 zombies thrown in the scare tactics, but it does start one of my favorite scream queens: the uber gorgeous kelli maroney

a2926e06e18382f24198813968b355aea8883072

"the burden of civilization isn't as bitchin' as we thought it would be"

300: something something - turned off 10 mins in.

the grand budapest hotel - i think i liked moonrise kingdom better, but still a solid 7/10

Night of the Comet is wonderfully stoopid.

this is a great film but not really a zombie movie- more like a last person on earth with like 5 zombies thrown in the scare tactics, but it does start one of my favorite scream queens: the uber gorgeous kelli maroney

a2926e06e18382f24198813968b355aea8883072

"the burden of civilization isn't as bitchin' as we thought it would be"

Chakotay_Amused.jpg

Fast & Furious 6: 6/10 I could tell that there was a competently put together actionfest in there, but the acting (lol Wonder Woman), and "jokes" were more than I could manage. It was also weird seeing a contemporary movie with a couple of Bojangles characters goofing off in the background.

edit: After watching this, I realized that I may be anhedonic.

Edited by doublename

Fast & Furious 6: 6/10 I could tell that there was a competently put together actionfest in there, but the acting (lol Wonder Woman), and "jokes" were more than I could manage. It was also weird seeing a contemporary movie with a couple of Bojangles characters goofing off in the background.

edit: After watching this, I realized that I may be anhedonic.

The never ending runway Edited by Rubin Farr

Watched the first half of Ratatouille last night. Such a good movie. Makes me want to buy a rat.

I had a rat once called Winnipeg - rats are awesome pets! I'd get a pet rat now if I was allowed in my house

9019738.jpg

amazing documentary. i wish the interviews with the "mobster rats" were a little more in depth- everything is on the surface-let's move onto the next person but i'm guessing this is because they had to fit it onto cable television network time. fugetaboutit

Watched the first half of Ratatouille last night. Such a good movie. Makes me want to buy a rat.

I had a rat once called Winnipeg - rats are awesome pets! I'd get a pet rat now if I was allowed in my house

I also had one when I was young, Gigante......he was huge but sweet

Awesome! But can you like... train them? Or do they even like being petted and so on?

rats-sleeping-teddy-bears-jessica-2.jpg