juice did you see babadook at the cinema?

yeah, just opened in atlanta last weekend. saw it monday. why do you ask?

Snowpiercer. jokes. how did this get a 95% rating?

yeah, felt the same when i watched it. his other movies are leaps and bounds above it

Edited by juiceciuj

Enemy. weird. I didn't fully get it, but I liked it. Jake Gyllenhaal will forever be typecast in my mind as a manic/obsessive type.

A decent explanation

cheers, that was good. good fillum.

juice did you see babadook at the cinema?

yeah, just opened in atlanta last weekend. saw it monday. why do you ask?

I just loved it so much I'm baffled why ppl aren't into it

Scrooged - 9/10 great Scrooge retelling, when Bill Murray still gave a shit. Great cameos by Miles Davis & David Sanborn. Doesn't get much holiday play bc it's "too dark" for children. Bah

Maleficent - dogshit/10

Punch Drunk Love 8/10

Has PTA ever made a bad film? The performance he gets from Sandler is exceptional. This reminds me of when Carrey did The Truman show and everyone was like "holy shit he can act?". I'm a strong believer that comic actors are the best, especially in these kind of roles. Mainly due to their uncanny ability to evoke great pathos. I'd like to see Adam do another role like this, or maybe even a bit more grumpy sad like Anger Management. There's something very classic 80s about it for some reason (which I love), maybe the grade and camera technique.

Edited by MadameChaos

Punch Drunk Love 8/10

Has PTA ever made a bad film? The performance he gets from Sandler is exceptional. This reminds me of when Carrey did The Truman show and everyone was like "holy shit he can act?". I'm a strong believer that comic actors are the best, especially in these kind of roles. Mainly due to their uncanny ability to evoke great pathos. I'd like to see Adam do another role like this, or maybe even a bit more grumpy sad like Anger Management. There's something very classic 80s about it for some reason (which I love), maybe the grade and camera technique.

Have you seen Hard Eight, his first film?

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D

Can't beat a good Troma flick! Fun fun fun. Definitely drags mid way through but has enough good sh'tuff along the way to keep you entertained. Looks great in HD, as in to say 'shit', but good shit!

Troma/10

Sgt.-Kabukiman-Feature.jpg

this film was like being on a rollercoaster on coney island with no seatbelt or crash-helmet being operated by a mental patient. if anyone tries to quantify this film they'll be up for quite a task because there's a lot going on here that at one minute might be considered traumatic and vulgar but it's delivered in a poetic and matter-of-fact way you begin to look at your own morals as being (maybe) a little stringent and cloistered

CIHsqJ5.jpg

mpDz3_WMr38pgOXmQk-y0Vw.jpg

this is a fantastic film. valentine demy moves to richmond virginia to become a dancer, then gets involved with a lawyer who starts to prostitute her because she needs to pay a debt for saving her roommate who was prostituting. if you're a d'amato fan then this is a must.

Punch Drunk Love 8/10

I think Sandler is brilliant in Funny People, not many like the film so don't care, but he's pretty convincing as someone depressed and sick of it all, how he speaks to Seth Rogen in a pretty blunt way, it's the deadness of it, it doesn't seem like he's acting. When Rogen plays a playlist to cheer him up and he snaps, it seems to touch on something real.

I think comedian's bring an honesty, they don't go through the motions, and there's always potential to be mined. Carrell looks like he's terrific in Foxcatcher and he was suitably sleezy and unpleasant in The Way Way Back in a subtle way which was surprising, again there's a deadness to him, like he's unpleasant and knows it and can't help it and hates himself. A few glances say all that.