kid bro gripped a cheap dvd of Catholic Boys/Heaven Help Us earlier today,

oh maaaaaaaaan, funny as fuck for a smorgasbord of 80's brat-packania, if you grew up going to catholic school/mass its priceless

confessional booth of impure thoughts/10

and as far as Boyhood's concerned, i've still not forgiven Linklatered for his perversion-verson of A Scanner Darkly

cue lynch mob,,,,,,,

although might rewatch just to see if theres owt worth retrieving from said abortion,,,,,,

scanner darkly fucking rules

Really don't understand how Linklater is such a hailed director. Watched Slacker recently and felt pretty bored through most of it, very repetitive with no substance

and as far as Boyhood's concerned, i've still not forgiven Linklatered for his perversion-verson of A Scanner Darkly

cue lynch mob,,,,,,,

although might rewatch just to see if theres owt worth retrieving from said abortion,,,,,,

Truth. Anything Linklater has done is gold.

Literal 10/10 director.

Edited by QQQ

cue lynch mob,,,,,,,

Truth. Anything Linklater has done is gold.

Literal 10/10 director.

even Slacker?

of ALL the actors who could've been cast for Bob Arctor, a character so broken & ultimately betrayed by both friends & the system, Linklater chose 1-dimensional Keanu = wtffffffffffffffffffff

I hope PKD haunts Linklater to his grave,,,,,,,

ffs scanner darkly rules, how hard is it to impress you?

its the book that impresses me, easily in my top-5 novels with The Man in the High Castle

its the adaptation, not the original story, that its a sketchy imho

Robert Downey Jr is no way scheming and twisted enough to get at Barris and if you read the book its absolutely harrowing what happens to Arctor. Because of Keanu's lazy "give it a face" casting, Arctor's degeneration into psychosis becomes a mumble-fest, his betrayal by WR's character falls flat & the bit in the book listing all the drug casualties PKD knew irl & their subsequent disintegration is like that flashback back into reality where the poignancy of this shit being real hits hardest (bit like the device he uses in TMITHC).

I'm fuckin easy to please, just dont be casting KR in sacrosanct epic stories,,,, its like that short James Franco did of Blood Meridian,,,,,,, maaaaaaaaaaan, this is holy material, treat it like a deity

sostooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooned right now its a miracle any of that came out coherently at all

Keanu before Speed was unstoppable, (well, Point Break) then they threw money at him and he got lazy. I'm glad he's still close with Alex Winter, and they are trying their hardest to get the rights to Bill and Ted 3. Fuck yeah, 50 year old Wyld Stallyns.

Pusher I, II & III

rrrrrrockin Dansk crime trilogy, though the 1st part is the most insane. Some great characters, anxiety over-ride at times and love Zlatko Buric the guy who plays the Balkan crime boss Milo. Superb.

time-well-invested/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RmnuHTJI9U

watched this last night. tippi hedren, her daughter melanie griffith, noel marshall (tippi's then husband) and his two sons decided to make a movie with more than 100 wild animals (mostly lions, leopards, jaguars, tigers and panthers) chasing around a house. all the animals were untrained. 70 people were injured. melanie griffith's face was almost ripped off. the cinematographer had his skull lifted by a lion. the assistant director's neck with bitten open. at one point, noel marshall jumps between two fighting lions and gets attacked- then he runs off into a building full of lionesses. that resulted in blood poisoning. later his leg gets bitten. this all happens in the first 15 minutes. it took 4 years to shot and almost bankrupt the family. in the end, tippi and her husband divorced and melanie griffith became a wreck.

this isn't so much a film as it is an endurance test.

Murmur of the Heart 10/10 - A strangely light-hearted film about mother-son incest

Great Expectations (David Lean) 10/10 - Not sure what to make of this story, what the moral is?

The Duff 0/10 - A total pile of shit but I totally enjoyed watching it, sorry

Divergent 10/10 - I love this kind of shit

Insurgent 10/10 - also, only thing I don't like is the dude, but my house mate enjoyed him (and she's a woman)

Super 8 - Finally got around to seeing this. I think it was generally shit on here, but I rather enjoyed it. The last 15 minutes were meh. But I think this flick had it's heart in the right place. I would have probably loved it if I were a kid. Gave me those old adolescent, coming of age movie feels from the 80's. I won't get into the derivatives that the flick embraces...

Spielberg jizz/10

watched this last night. tippi hedren, her daughter melanie griffith, noel marshall (tippi's then husband) and his two sons decided to make a movie with more than 100 wild animals (mostly lions, leopards, jaguars, tigers and panthers) chasing around a house. all the animals were untrained. 70 people were injured. melanie griffith's face was almost ripped off. the cinematographer had his skull lifted by a lion. the assistant director's neck with bitten open. at one point, noel marshall jumps between two fighting lions and gets attacked- then he runs off into a building full of lionesses. that resulted in blood poisoning. later his leg gets bitten. this all happens in the first 15 minutes. it took 4 years to shot and almost bankrupt the family. in the end, tippi and her husband divorced and melanie griffith became a wreck.

Jesus H. Christ wat :wtf:

Jesus H. Christ wat :wtf:

This sounds amazing