Frustratingly nothing comes to mind at the moment, but that film has a bunch of classic samples.

Nice to read those posts on Mulholland Drive, I have some perspective on it now. Next up: Inland Empire. And Eraserhead is due for a rewatch, last time was 2007 and it left me pretty disturbed.

Blue Velvet - maybe in the wrong mood for it, a good watch but not as satisfying as other Lynch movies so far. I saw myself constantly comparing it to Twin Peaks and its universe.

Dune - 'oh, so that's where that sample is from'/10. Obvious classic I finally witnessed for myself. Dated, but incredible. Glad I read the 'instruction manual' in advance as I didn't read the book.

Tekkonkinkreet - 7.5ish/10 - beautiful art and beautiful music by Plaid.

What sample are you talking about? I've never seen this movie

Mostly the intro + IX on Keep of Kalessin's Reclaim EP (not worth the listen, but sort of nostalgic for me) and a lot of references to the movie in tracktitles (Arrakis, whatever more), plus this video which I always loved:

Besides that I was sure a few sounds were sampled (no voices) but I have to look that up. I also heard the "he who controls the spice..." sample in a lot of tracks but like Gocab said, not sure which ones atm. What I meant was, the movie felt like a huge 'ah, so that's where it's from' moment (the soundtrack, the sandworms and thumpers in Half Life, etc.)

Yeah, I had assumed Interstellar would be shit because Inception was nonsensical and The Batmens were just outright dumb...

...but god damn that was a good movie. Had me in tears on multiple occasions.

:catcry:

Nolan redeemed.

watched it last nite w/the missus for the second time. wasn't hit as hard by the emotional cues this time since i knew they were coming.

but when they watch the 30ish yrs of tapes the first time & when matt damon first wakes up. man... really good stuffs

iJ0wqpa.jpg

captain tom hanks philips gets his ship raided by somali pirates and attempts to get them off. this is a paul greengrass film so he's hired his usual epileptic cinematographer then fed him crack and asked him to attempt to focus on a pin head.

actually it's not that bad- and i liked the main somali pirate actor. he really did a good job (actually, all the somali pirates were good in their roles)

It Follows

dope. had a sort of strange "Black Hole" vibe to it. strange throwback horror movie w/o being heavy handed (like when Jason is killing off everyone who is having premarital sex in Friday the 13th). very dreamy. filmed in Detroit. 8/10 would watch again.

Saw interstellar. Not that bad actually. Watched it with a friend in a span of say 9hrs, with a lot of eating, drinking and getting high in between.

Maybe I would have hated it in a single sitting. There were a lot of facepalm moments and at some points it was outright silly. But the way we watched it really worked, so I give it a 7/10. And I'll probably watch it again.

The Conspiracy reminded me a bit of Kill List. I liked the way it switched gears more sharply than expected straight into the fear, but Kill List packs more of punch ending-wise

you have to suspend disbelief with both, but the rewards are late night unexpectedly way too stoned/10

It Follows

dope. had a sort of strange "Black Hole" vibe to it. strange throwback horror movie w/o being heavy handed (like when Jason is killing off everyone who is having premarital sex in Friday the 13th). very dreamy. filmed in Detroit. 8/10 would watch again.

cool music too!

Snowpiercer - lol, Matrix + Hunger Games (or any other class struggle movie) + 2012 + The Day After Tomorrow all in one. No sense was made. Still enjoyed it.

Ichi the Killer - quite funny actually, it was so over the top I couldn't help myself chuckling a few times. am I a sick person? :(

Nah it's hilarious, not really thát horrible even.

I thought Snowpiercer was one big pile of meh. especially the ending.

main guy turns out to be a chootiya. they crash the train killing practically everyone. there is a bear. the end.

I thought Snowpiercer was one big pile of meh. especially the ending.

main guy turns out to be a chootiya. they crash the train killing practically everyone. there is a bear. the end.

Pretty much. I wasn't bored throughout the movie but it seemed halfassed, there are too much inconsistencies in the story, obviously stolen elements from other movies and yeah, that ending just left me dead cold (har har). Forgot to rate it, probably 5.5/10.

I like some of the After Dark horrorfest movies.

I went on a big thriller / psychological thriller binge. 2000s movies mostly. Good decade

The Broken (2008) - doppelganger movie

The Deaths Of Ian Stone - guy gets killed a buncha times

From Within - Small community starts committing mass suicides

Dark Corners (2006) - girl is not sure what is real or not

Dead End (2003) - road to hell? or something

Nemesis Game (2003) - master plan?

12.01 1993 - groundhog day before groundhog day. theres a nuclear reactor

7500 (2014) - force on a plane

Altitude (2010) - ooo the plane cant land

White Noise 2 - I havent seen the original

Open Windows (2014) - dont open the windows. actually no its about hacking and stuff

Passengers (2008) - charter flight companies are even worse than governments

Beneath (2013) - stuck in a mine

So i dunno how many others are interested but I really like the 2000s style with fragments of memory, altered and unknown reality and mindbend stuff. There are a shitload of them from 2000s, really good. Not all of these have those elements but hey

Edited by coax