Pulse (1988) Electricity is the monster lolfest.

Plutonium Baby (1987) Holy flol this one is amazingly bad. My favorite bit is when someone gets attacked by a retarded radioactive rabbit glove puppet.

Pretty great review on IMDB from 2001 sums it up well:

User Reviews
...and every thousand years a tiny bird pecks off a chip of that mountain of diamond...

9 June 2001 | by eminges

(mission, ks) – See all my reviews

To grasp the concept of eternity, you don't need to know about mountains of diamond and tiny birds pecking at them till they wear down to a nubbin. All you need to do is sit down with Plutonium Baby, a pot of coffee, and a fresh package of $1.29 oatmeal cookies, and, trust me, you'll experience eternity. The coffee will be nothing but a stain in your cup, the oatmeal cookies will be nothing but crumbs, and Plutonium Baby will STILL be slowly, patiently, remorselessly unreeling on your screen.

Characters wander onto the set, they wander off, things happen, a whole new movie starts about two-thirds of the way into the tape; yes, there's a radioactive Muppet Baby, yes, there's people preserved in drums of radioactive waste for a decade, yes, some doof decides he just has to use a drum of radioactive waste for a beer cooler, yes, at one point there's three unrelated parties of armed men wandering around in the Jersey woods looking for the Nuclear Kid. But you just don't care. You can't make yourself care.

I'm told there's a bet that you can't lose, no matter how drunk the individuals involved are: simply bet a guy any amount of money he can't eat a pound of butter in an hour, and keep it all down. In the same vein, I'd almost be willing to bet that a sane person could not sit, unrestrained, in a metal folding chair in front of Plutonium Baby and watch the whole thing straight through without falling asleep or getting up to purge.

I'd like to watch it again and see if I could isolate the elements that make this hog so completely unwatchable, but no force on earth could make me go through this a second time.

I didn't know this guy was still allowed to make movies...

...sorry if this has been posted. But enjoy anyway.

[youtubehd]7N5dCDubHFw[/youtubehd]

That actually looks kind of ok, some good actors in it. I'm sure it'll actually be awful though.

The Happening was one of the best unintentional comedies ever made.

That is very true

my favourite bit was when the kid got shot in the face.

That is very true

I found it very meta that John Leguizamo was the best actor in it.

That is very true

I watched The Happening and would normally remember a scene like that... but I don't. I don't remember anything besides this...

That is very true

I watched The Happening and would normally remember a scene like that... but I don't. I don't remember anything besides this...

i need to watch this movie

That is very true

M. Night is incredible. Check out the trailer for his new low budget movie.

I knew 12 seconds into the trailer when the boy said, "swerve, girl" to his sister that this was gonna be a trainwreck. I know that this is only the trailer, but still...

Also, I was kinda hoping that a low budget was exactly what he needed to squeeze out some creativity, but this looks like garbage.

I dont understand that trailer, is it supposed to be a found footage film? Doesn't really look like it most of the time...

continue to be shocked at Watmm sleeping on ex machina, go see it guys. normally i dont shill for a movie this hard. try not to watch any trailers though, there are some odd very ending of the movie spoilers in many of the Tv spots going around right now

Edited by John Ehrlichman

The Swimmer

Wow, this was great! Such a forgotten gem! Extremely basic plot, one sunny day Burt Lancaster decides to swim home to his house, using the pools of his rich elite neighbors. Extremely dream-like and surreal. Burt plays a stormer. Defo try get a high blu-ray quality version, the restoration looks superb.

Happy slow motion montages/10

the-swimmer-1968-2.jpg

[also big ups for After Hours mentioned earlier, great flick!]

Edited by TRiP

continue to be shocked at Watmm sleeping on ex machina, go see it guys. normally i dont shill for a movie this hard. try not to watch any trailers though, there are some odd very ending of the movie spoilers in many of the Tv spots going around right now

When it first came out in cinemas a lot of watmmers posted about it. Its good but not great IMO.

john wick 10/10

woof cry blam blam blam stab stab blam brap brap bang bang woof

Was this the first pet doggie based revenge movie?

Whiplash 8/10

Excellent film. Couldn't believe it lasted 2 hours, just went so quick for me. The amount of times he kept being behind or slow or whatever... after the 6th/7th you expect him just to get it perfect. Really enjoyed that.

When it first came out in cinemas a lot of watmmers posted about it. Its good but not great IMO.

just saw this, nice yea but an extra notch of complexity between certain characters would have been great.

after hours.

has anyone else seen this film? almost feels like martin scorsese doing a david lynch movie.

felt more like jarmusch for me, but I know what you mean. Very enjoying movie. And the main actor looks a lot like someone I know IRL, and that made it even more funny.

watched the Grapes of Wrath. Basically a screen version of the book which by itself is astounding and beautiful. Existential and profound.

Henry Fonda/10

Starry Eyes - I was little disappointed with this in the end, felt like I was watching a cross between Contracted and House of the Devil, with a bit too much of the former coming through.

That is very true

M. Night is incredible. Check out the trailer for his new low budget movie.

I knew 12 seconds into the trailer when the boy said, "swerve, girl" to his sister that this was gonna be a trainwreck. I know that this is only the trailer, but still...

Also, I was kinda hoping that a low budget was exactly what he needed to squeeze out some creativity, but this looks like garbage.

The Visit better end with this twist: the grandparents are just scaring the kids for lols (bonus points for mom being in on the plan)

Edited by baph