i knew one specific shot from some press i had seen (it's also basically the last scene). you'll only notice it if you're looking for it. i don't think it's like, 3d modeled. it looks more like they pasted existing footage of walker smiling on top of someone else's body. if you're really looking for it you'll convince yourself you see it in a few spots and then his face is quickly obstructed.

Trying to remember a film. Can't remember if i've seen it or just heard about it. It's about a prostitute who puts herself asleep for her clients. I think i remember one client licking her ear? I think it's recent

a most violent year:

overall, quite enjoyable. the film looked great, nice color and lighting. the pacing was spot on and the actor who played the main character carried the film impressively. there were some annoying contrivances, especially the whole deer scene and basically the last 15 minutes which in the end had me feeling like there were some real missed opportunities here. it was good, but the director did not nail it. that being said it was much more of a pleasure than the usual garish hollywood shit i watch.

Decided to watch Going Clear after looking at this thread. If even 50% of what they said in that movie was true Scientology is a hilariously awful belief system.

OT-10/ 10

Edited by Hail Sagan

ja sleeping beauty was a weird one.

watched lego movie in 3 sittings over the course of a week just to see what all the fuss was about. animation was kinda cool but holy fucking shit was that movie ultra adhd. only a handful of times did i get a chuckle. the rest of the time was spent trying not to get a headache

The Company of Wolves,,,,, trippy as fuck Neil Jordan/Angela Carter take on Red Riding Hood, Werewolves, meta-tracks on fear of the woods & matters of perv but dont let that put you off,,,, not seen for yonks, loads of faces at every turn.....surreal/10

Buffalo 66 - another rewatch & Vincent Gallo delivers, god it is twisted & the mood zigzags either side of intense & dark humoured, love the designs & the characters/locations really seep into you. Christine Ricci can seep in any time too/10

Time Bandits - random tv channel flick & voila. What a riot, it blew my mind as nipper & its still stands up. Too many scenes/moments to list..... Gilliam/10

inherent vice - didn't understand wtf was going on most of the time, but it was a good trip, kept my interest the whole time. lots of lols and wtf's throughout.

"i'm a drug counselor...trying to talk kids into sensible drug use"

Edited by eugene

inherent vice - didn't understand wtf was going on most of the time, but it was a good trip, kept my interest the whole time. lots of lols and wtf's throughout.

"i'm a drug counselor...trying to talk kids into sensible drug use"

yeah I have a feeling that if I didn't read the book I would've been completely lost.

great movie though

Natural Born Killers - What a fucking mess.

It seemed like a mess the first time I watched it and I thought it was a bit try-hard and juvenile like Boondock Saints or some bullshit like that.

But now NBK is one of my favorite movies and I think it really succeeds with its message and stylistically. It's just on a weird frequency.

Natural Born Killers - What a fucking mess.

In what way? I love that film. Thought it was generally pretty well received.

I watched Hot Tub Time Machine 2 yesterday. Haven't seen the first one but assumed it wouldn't be very hard to follow. Nice brainless fun. Pretty damn funny in parts, tho it was a little slow to start off with.