IGNORED

Jamie Lidell - Jamie Lidell

cear

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

What do you guys make Warp out to be? They "always" had these kind of artists: Jimi Tenor, Red Snapper, Broadcast, etc. A different direction, wtf? Jamie Lidell has been on Warp since 2000.

I don't have that feeling that Warp has done strictly IDM releases (or electronic music in the same vein of each other for that matter) in the past, do you really? :s

agreed. look at Nightmares on Wax - a Warp staple from the very beginning, but since 1995 they/he haven't/hasn't resembled anything that this thread purports Warp to stand for. I get what people are saying, that it doesn't seem a predominantly IDM/electronic label any more, but most great labels evolve, for better or worse.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me, or is that a spectrogram image I hear at the beginning of this?

Just ran it through a spectral doo dah and no, it's just decending and rising tones (so just some lines going down then up again)

• 6 months later...

Jamie Lidell - Big Love Remixes

01. Big Love (Machinedrum Remix)

02. Big Love (Lorenz Rhode Remix)

03. Big Love (Jimmy Edgar Shout Edit)

04. You Naked (Crackboy Remix)

I wished Luke Vibert would've done another Jamie Lidell remix, but this Lorenz Rhode redo of Big Love comes pretty damn close to being as funky as what Luke would do. First 20 seconds or so sounded very worrisome, but once everything started rolling - tiight! Highly recommend checking that remix out.

Archived