IGNORED

Atoms for Peace - Amok

sidewinder

"Unless" rocks so much. And after about half a millions listens to AMOK I can say YES! The Eraser (Harrowdown Hill OMFG) and AMOK mean very much to me for the past years. Someone mentioned King of Limbs: I've got the same feelings. Beside the pre-OK Computer albums it's the one I only rarely listen to.

P.S.: DAT YT SEARCH

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chogg

I burned out on it rather quickly and I honestly think it's the production

Ditto, loved it at first and after only a few listens got quite bored with it. Production is dry as fuck and so has no deep layers to reveal over time. Except for me I think what really kills it is Thom himself. I find him really tiresome now, his whole thing. Just subjective opinion though, and it's still a thousand times better than the king of limbs. And the title track is wonderful.

Early days maybe, but I much prefer AMOK to TKOL. The Radiohead album hasn't aged as well as In Rainbows, Kid A or Amnesiac for me, while I've finally grown to enjoy HTTT over the past few years. I also prefer Thom's lyrics and vocals on AMOK. But I'll wait and see over the next couple of years.

amok seems so linear and samey compared to tkol. not to mention the range of emotions and sounds on tkol. I honestly think if limbs had even just one more song, it would be received so much better. the short length does a disservice to the album.

amok seems so linear and samey compared to tkol. not to mention the range of emotions and sounds on tkol. I honestly think if limbs had even just one more song, it would be received so much better. the short length does a disservice to the album.

I agree that there isn't much range in the palette on AMOK and can see where you're coming from. I just find almost all the tracks more engaging, compared to the likes of Lotus Flower, Morning Mr. Magpie and Feral. Personally I can't think of anything by Thom recently that puts the hook in me quite like those ghostly backing vocals on the title track of AMOK. I did like the Radiohead songs released after TKOL came out, especially The Butcher (which I seem to remember you liked too) and The Daily Mail. And don't get me wrong, I still really like TKOL, I just haven't really returned to it over the past year.

Guest Rulohead32

AnalogueCreamPie wins Most IDM 2013 prize for posting in a topic that isn't a BoC related one in the last 24 hours.

Oh, nice. I prefer the fact it's more chaotic and noisy than most of the stuff on the album, the production on which I liked at first but now seems a bit flat (overcompressed, maybe) and too clean.

I'd like Mr Yorke to experiment more with fucking with his voice, burying it under static and generally doing more with it than just singing.

I don't mean he shouldn't ever 'just sing' since his voice is amazing and beautiful and all that, just that I want to hear what else he can do with it, production-wise.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

i didnt get into this at first but it's really grown on me recently. the whole thing is great

still hate the band name though

Still havent bothered with this.

Don't know why I'm just getting a bit bored with TY. Even Radiohead need to up the ante with their next release, need some fire in the belly again.

For me, Thom is getting a bit dull.....

(IMO)

I initially thought this release was a bit of a dull one, but I keep coming back to it. It's quite good.

Guest bitroast

atoms for peace have played first live amok show as a band^-^ (hi jules)

(uploader has a whole bunch of vids)

Archived